Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mod Challenge  (Read 1326 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Mod Challenge
« on: January 01, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »

OK, here's a challenge for any adventureous modder(s) out there. :)

Make a total conversion that includes these three factions: Trans Rebels, System Federation, and Nano Tech.  The Trans Rebels started off as a political group that spawned into a full-scale rebellion over the past few cycles, using liberation and freedom as a cause for war.  The true cause for war, however, is in political power over the System Federation.

The System Federation is the goverment that runs systems in the Celos Cluster, a group of five stars and numerous habitable planets and ore-rich asteroid belts.  Having governed the cluster since the Collapse, they see the Trans Rebels as a weak upstart, and expect a swift victory.

Nano Tech is not truely a faction, but a corporation that mainly sells weapons and occasionally ships to both sides of the war.  Nano Tech is the epitomy of greed and guile, using misinformation and rumors to further extend the war and fill thier own pockets.

The war will take place in the Omicron System, the third system to be attacked by the Trans Rebels.  6 planets circle Omicron, with just two of them habitable, a station orbiting each of them.  Yet another orbits within an asteroid belt.  Since the rebellion moved into the Omicron System, the Trans Rebels have taken over one station and the System Federation has held on to another as well as built an Outpost on the fringes of the System to stock up on manpower and ship in preparation for the inevitable siege to come.  Nano Tech also has a neutral trading post, where it sells it's products.

The Trans Rebels are characterized by swift and manuverable ships with light weapons.  They tote deadly bombers and fighters to deal with heavier System Federation ships.  They lack in shields and armor to compensate for thier advantages.

The System Federation is characterized by slow and sluggish ships, though exceptionally armed and armored.  They lack proper fighter support, as they believe that fighters are too fragile to be a proper battlefield implement, and have only small interceptors.

Nano Tech is something in between, being able to deal with enemy ships equally well.  Mainly using beam weapons and some kinetic balistic, they are the midline between the Trans Rebels and the Systme Federation, having a respectable amount of armor, weapons, and engines.

A few additional items that might be useful in the creation, if the stations could be taken over by opposing factions, that could be a good feature.  A Diplomacy system akin to that of Ascendency is also welcome, as well as a paycheck system from Caelus, if you choose to align yourself to a faction.

Now it's up to whatever modder sees themselves capable enough to attemp this to accomplish this.  I can supply weapons, if anyone is curious.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »

i think a few of my ships can fit the role of Nano Tech, that description is somewhat I imagine if someday I got the courage to face the numbers and codes....
Fleet construction in progress.