Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 727

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1826588 times)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #10665 on: May 02, 2024, 07:01:42 PM »

Nevermind, got it working. The reason I was asking was because intellij defaulted to showing me the decompiled file of transverse jump, which baffled me beyond belief.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: May 03, 2024, 04:16:15 PM »

yes, i was recommended that
though i do not see a way to check salvage for fleetmembers that were not killed, but player opted not to recover them, from either side
i was hoping there's some innate property of the hullspec itself that controls how much commodities it drops on death? or is it all decided by a separate script after the battle? what about when ship is scuttled? or lost in npc-vs-npc battle, the debris field that remains after battle?

There's some code that generates that based on the deployment cost; IIRC this happens in FleetEncounterContext. And for scuttling, somewhere in core code.

How do I get the hyperspace location of a sectorentitytoken currently inside a system? I know this is possible, as transverse jump does it, as do jump points.

SectorEntityToken.getLocationInHyperspace()

Or .getContainingLocation().getLocation() but the former does null checks etc.

To be precise, Im trying to generate a jump point that will always be above another jump point in a system. Basically, how jump points normally work. Since I'm dynamically adding this jump point, I cant autogen hyperspace jumppoints, as that will double existing jumppoints.

Ohh, you're asking something else. There's no specific way to do that; jump points do a rough calculation in their orbit code - the jump-point orbits at a certain radius from the hyperspace anchor, and the angle it's currently at is based on the relative angle of the jump-point inside the system. So just conceptually there's no "above another jump-point in a system", if it's in hyperspace it's not above anything specific, it's just in some location in hyperspace. Which may loosely map to the topography of the system - but very, very loosely. I hope that makes sense.

Nevermind, got it working. The reason I was asking was because intellij defaulted to showing me the decompiled file of transverse jump, which baffled me beyond belief.

... ah!

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: May 05, 2024, 08:27:28 AM »

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to iniate myself to modding. I know my way around some files using notepad and a csv editor, but now I'm trying something way harder (at least for me) ... to make a new hullmod and to add it to an existing mod (for my personal use and only as a test bed).

I'm trying to copy the effect of the Invictus' Ablative Armor hullmod but with a reduced effect (only -50% to armor damage reduction calculation instead of -90%) and I'd like to add it to a ship.

I found the Ablative Armor hullmod java file in the Starsector core files, copied it, put it into the mod I'm using for testing ("MOD/src/data/hullmods") and renamed it (ex : "TestArmor.java"). Then I changed a single value inside the file to reduce its effectiveness to -50%.

After that, I modified the CSV hullmod file from the mod. I added a new line for the new hullmod, gave it an ID, gave it a quick and dirty description and I entered the script location ("data.hullmods.TestArmor" without the "").

Finally, Imodified the built-in hullmods of the ship from the mod I'm using as a test bed and added the ID of the new hullmod to it.

So far so good (I think ?) but now when I'm launching the game, it crashes saying something about "Class" went wrong and I have no idea what I missed ...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 08:31:26 AM by Selfcontrol »

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: May 06, 2024, 01:44:58 PM »

Hi again !

Nevermind my previous question. I was trying to do something waaaaaaaaay too complicated for me by messing around with the src folder.

I simply put the new hullmod straight into the data/hullmods folder and it worked :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: May 07, 2024, 09:02:29 AM »

Haha - alright, congratulations on getting that working!

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: May 08, 2024, 02:30:17 AM »

i feel like i asked this question before, but I'm not sure. What does ALWAYS_PANIC exactly do and is it a good idea to put it on a Hyperion?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: May 08, 2024, 04:56:04 PM »

It makes the ship use missiles much more liberally, not being concerned about wasting them.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: May 09, 2024, 05:07:32 AM »

It makes the ship use missiles much more liberally, not being concerned about wasting them.
Oh... Makes sense why Colossus uses that then, cause it needs to use those as much as possible, because it'll die quickly anyway. Thanks for answer. Guess putting that on Hyperion or Radiant (once I give it Phase Teleporter) is pointless then.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: May 10, 2024, 11:40:55 AM »

Is there any way to replace the BattleCreationPlugin for the simulator mode?
My Mods

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: May 10, 2024, 01:11:56 PM »

what affects the gas giant's ion storm colour? In the past I would just be able to have those change by the merit of stars having different coronas or maybe light colour? But now they appeared to be always kinda brown/yellow. Has something changed?

SaltedFish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: May 11, 2024, 12:01:17 AM »

Is there a Java hardcoded way to gain control of any ship in combat? The effect would be like Ctrl + LMB in devmode.

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: May 11, 2024, 06:02:03 AM »

what affects the gas giant's ion storm colour? In the past I would just be able to have those change by the merit of stars having different coronas or maybe light colour? But now they appeared to be always kinda brown/yellow. Has something changed?
Afaik, ion storm colours are determined upon system creation?
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10677 on: May 11, 2024, 06:43:44 AM »

Afaik, ion storm colours are determined upon system creation?
hmmm... My bad. I'm looking back at my old pictures of Ion Storms, and yes. They are determined like Magnetic Fields, randomly... And given random colours. I was mixing their Ion Storm colour with the ionised atmosphere effect that was occurring on the planet itself...

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: May 11, 2024, 09:43:24 PM »

Is there any way to replace the BattleCreationPlugin for the simulator mode?

IIRC that does not even run when setting up the simulator combat engine.

Is there a Java hardcoded way to gain control of any ship in combat? The effect would be like Ctrl + LMB in devmode.

CombatEngineAPI.setPlayerShipExternal(ShipAPI ship) should do it, I think?

Debowy_Mocny

• Ensign
  • Big armor tanking enjoyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: May 12, 2024, 10:23:48 AM »

I have a question.
I need an instruction how to implement specific faction's fleet randomly spawning at renmant controlled factions (Ones with warning beacons).
I mean i have my faction and i want to get my faction fleets randomly fly around renmant controlled systems and attack droneship fleets.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 727