Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 711

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1729757 times)

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #10200 on: October 03, 2023, 01:31:57 PM »

Is it possible to render or hide the sprite of a weapon during combat?

Edit: Never mind I was told to try and set the alpha channel of a sprite to 0, making it entirely transparent.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 05:06:22 AM by vicegrip »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: October 04, 2023, 08:33:25 AM »

Is it possible to implement a custom star/system/whatever via mods that's outside the Sector's boundaries? It wouldn't show on the map due to being out-of-bounds, for instance.

You'd have to remove the gravity well from hyperspace to make it hidden. In the next release, there's a "star_hidden_on_map" tag that could be added to the jump-point instead, for *reasons*.

kinda vague question, but that's the deal with BALLISTIC_AS_BEAM projectiles?
this is specifically in relation to why changes to their velocity just don't work, though I would generally like to know more about how they work & when to use them over normal projectiles.

The main functional difference - aside from getVelocity().set() doing nothing - is that they collide over the entire length of the projectile, including the trail, as opposed to just around the actual projectile. There were other, more meaningful distinctions way back when projectiles could hit each other; not sure if there was ever even a release with that functionality in it. At this point it's more of a holdover from days past.

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: October 04, 2023, 10:16:42 AM »

You'd have to remove the gravity well from hyperspace to make it hidden. In the next release, there's a "star_hidden_on_map" tag that could be added to the jump-point instead, for *reasons*.

This makes me both very happy and very hyped!

I'mma add another question while I'm at it: Will the Orion-Perseus abyss start before the actual edge of the map? I remember you mentioned that beyond the map borders will be abyssal hyperspace all around, but I'm wondering if the border at the bottom will be 'brought up' to coincide with the label (at least in alignment if not positioning). This is mostly so it'd allow me to put a hidden star in the abyss for *reasons*.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:32:17 AM by nathan67003 »
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: October 04, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »

There is some abyssal hyperspace in the corner of the map.

SONZ-INA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: October 06, 2023, 06:35:23 AM »

Is there a way to remove the UI for arc radius on a weapon?
The weapon will still have range, it'll still work, however the arc display HUD will just not show up for those weapons.
I see that there's a displayArcRadius for weapons, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: October 07, 2023, 01:14:25 AM »

Question - there are some older mods that I still like to use so I modify them myself. One of the thing I did was alter the hullmods for the new S-mod thing.

I edited both the java files of hullmods to the add the if (sMod) branch and the hullmods.cvs to add the SModDesc descriptions, but in-game no S-mod description show up, nor even the S-mod ui category. Am I missing something?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: October 07, 2023, 08:09:24 AM »

Is there a way to remove the UI for arc radius on a weapon?
The weapon will still have range, it'll still work, however the arc display HUD will just not show up for those weapons.
I see that there's a displayArcRadius for weapons, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't think so. It's up to the player whether they want to show or hide those. (Using the tilde key by default.)

Question - there are some older mods that I still like to use so I modify them myself. One of the thing I did was alter the hullmods for the new S-mod thing.

I edited both the java files of hullmods to the add the if (sMod) branch and the hullmods.cvs to add the SModDesc descriptions, but in-game no S-mod description show up, nor even the S-mod ui category. Am I missing something?

Hmm, nothing else comes to mind. Make sure the hullmod class is extending BaseHullMod - though if it wasn't, I think you'd have noticed due to other problems, so that's probably not it.

... are you testing this in the main menu? S-mod stuff only shows up in the campaign.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: October 08, 2023, 03:55:51 AM »

How do i make custom market conditions show up in this screen?
They only show up in the colony management screen for some reason, not on the planet itself.

My Mods

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: October 08, 2023, 04:16:43 AM »

IIRC you need to get the MarketConditionAPI and set it surveyed.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: October 08, 2023, 04:22:57 AM »

The conditions are being spawned at procgen (by myself though, not the condition generation csv) and should be surveyed when the player does it themself.
They show up as surveyed on the planet, just not this menu.
My Mods

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: October 08, 2023, 04:48:11 AM »

The conditions are being spawned at procgen (by myself though, not the condition generation csv) and should be surveyed when the player does it themself.
They show up as surveyed on the planet, just not this menu.

I think player surveys only set "planetary" conditions to surveyed. It has been years since I worked with that stuff but I see custom conditions working for one of my 0.9.1 mods on that screen.

SONZ-INA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: October 08, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »

Is there a way to set a slot's, or weapon's arc to a value, and it resets to default when changing to other weapon?
Example: If i install a custom weapon and i set it's Arc to 360 via code, and then uninstall it, the Arc will go back to the Ship's default.
Can't really get it to work with code, so i'm wondering if there's an easier (or existing) solution.

MiniDeth3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: October 08, 2023, 08:59:01 AM »

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. I've made a modplugin to add a hullmod based on a loaded ships manufacturer but I cant apply my modded hullmod only vanilla ones. Is there a step I'm missing to allow my hullmods id to be recognized?
I'm Minideth. I do things.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: October 08, 2023, 01:28:40 PM »

is there a way to start a campaign battle from an interactionDialogPlugin?

EDIT: nvm it's InteractionDialogAPI.startBattle();
though now, how do I add an allied fleet to the player side?

EDIT 2 : or more specifically, how would I get the battle to act like one between 2 AI fleets that the player has decided to join in on (with both AI fleets already deployed & damaged, etc)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 06:02:12 AM by Ruddygreat »

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: October 08, 2023, 02:35:48 PM »

How can I get the fluxCapacity that a ship starts the battle with? I used:
ship.getMutableStats().getFluxCapacity().getBaseValue()
but that gets the value without flux capaciters and other hull mods it might have. The reason I ask is that I have a weapon that will temporarily lower a ship's flux capacity but not below one third of the original so I need to know the original.
I can't use
ship.getMutableStats().getFluxCapacity().modified
because I'm going to be modifying it and that value would only be correct for the first time the weapon hits a given ship.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 711