Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 711

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1729907 times)

ArnaudB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #5205 on: September 26, 2019, 05:06:45 AM »

I have been trying to find which piece of codes generate cryosleeper to make more appear in the sector, but I couldn't find the relevant pieces, even with Notepad++ search across the entire starsector folder.

I found the Salvage_Gen entities and I went looking around procgen, but I can't find where it's supposed to say it'll create two cryosleeper on sector generation.

Any clue?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: September 26, 2019, 07:50:50 AM »

Using the ship editor and im wandering what the difference between lauch bay and lauch port is?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: September 26, 2019, 08:31:45 AM »

Using the ship editor and im wandering what the difference between lauch bay and lauch port is?
One's additional points at which to spawn fighters for the same wing. So the first wing equipped would spawn at bays and ports 1, while the second would spawn at bays and ports 2. As far as I know, anyway.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: September 26, 2019, 08:53:56 AM »

By the way, does anyone know how to mimic the cool glow effect of phase cloak? I have the glow sprites ready, but i don't know how to do it in the script.

You could probably do something very similar using ShipAPI.addAfterimage(); make sure to pass in "true" for the "additive" parameter as that's what makes it glowy.

I have been trying to find which piece of codes generate cryosleeper to make more appear in the sector, but I couldn't find the relevant pieces, even with Notepad++ search across the entire starsector folder.

I found the Salvage_Gen entities and I went looking around procgen, but I can't find where it's supposed to say it'll create two cryosleeper on sector generation.

Any clue?

See: DerelictThemeGenerator; search for "cryo" in the file.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: September 26, 2019, 09:35:50 AM »

You could probably do something very similar using ShipAPI.addAfterimage(); make sure to pass in "true" for the "additive" parameter as that's what makes it glowy.

But this would use the ship's base sprite right? i made a special glow sprite like a phase glow sprite to use in this effect, is there any way to set the sprite to be used in the afterimage or in jitter effects?
Check out my ships

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: September 26, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »

Ah, right, duh. Sorry, wasn't thinking that through.

Since you have the PHASE_CLOAK ship system type, though, the glow sprites should be rendered while the system is active, based on these:
"phaseHighlight":"_glow1",
"phaseDiffuse":"_glow2",

So they need to be named <ship_sprite_name_>_glow1.png etc.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: September 26, 2019, 10:28:19 AM »

Ah, right, duh. Sorry, wasn't thinking that through.

Since you have the PHASE_CLOAK ship system type, though, the glow sprites should be rendered while the system is active, based on these:

So they need to be named <ship_sprite_name_>_glow1.png etc.
Nope, it doesn't show them, I am pretty sure i gave them with right name and all
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: September 26, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »

Are there other variables that influence the phase effect? i did remove

Code
"effectColor1":[255,255,255,145],
"effectColor2":[255,255,255,180],

before when i was trying to figure why it was not activating, i will put it back and see if it works

-edit-

nope, still no effect, here the system

Code
{
"id":"wurg_sensor",
"type":"PHASE_CLOAK",
"aiType":"CUSTOM",
"aiScript":"data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.WurgSensorAI",

"statsScript":"data.scripts.shipsystems.WurgSensorStats",

"effectColor1":[255,255,255,145],
"effectColor2":[255,255,255,180],

"useSound":"wurg_activate",
}
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:59:05 AM by Ed »
Check out my ships

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: September 26, 2019, 12:07:10 PM »

The way to go here would probably be to start with a copy of the phase cloak system, make sure *that* shows the glows, and then change it one step at a time until you see what breaks it. Offhand, I'm not seeing why it wouldn't work.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: September 26, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »

The way to go here would probably be to start with a copy of the phase cloak system, make sure *that* shows the glows, and then change it one step at a time until you see what breaks it. Offhand, I'm not seeing why it wouldn't work.
I made some tests, and by elimination i figured it is something in the script, i did analyse the cloak script in the impl folder, but i can't find where it tells the game to shine the glow effect.
Check out my ships

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: September 26, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »

I made some tests, and by elimination i figured it is something in the script, i did analyse the cloak script in the impl folder, but i can't find where it tells the game to shine the glow effect.

IIRC it doesn't; it seems more likely that somehow, something in your script is making it not do the glow effect. I'd suggest the same kind of thing as far as figuring it out - copy, test, modify, repeat, etc.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:27 PM »

IIRC it doesn't; it seems more likely that somehow, something in your script is making it not do the glow effect. I'd suggest the same kind of thing as far as figuring it out - copy, test, modify, repeat, etc.
I found the problem, i was missing this
Code
ship.setPhased(true);

But now the ship gets a bit weird, the sprite goes on top of the modules while it is phased, phasing is REEEEEEALLY not made for ships with modules
Check out my ships

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: September 26, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »

Here how it looks

The ship appears on top of the modules while the system is on
Check out my ships

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: September 26, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »

Hmm, I think you might need to setPhased() the modules from your script? I don't know if phase ships with modules are ultimately workable or not, though.

Depending on the visuals you want, it might be easier to achieve this using decorative "weapons" - type:"DECORATIVE" slots on the hull, and weapons. See: blinker_red.wpn for an example, used by the vanilla Buffalo.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: September 26, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »

Hmm, I think you might need to setPhased() the modules from your script? I don't know if phase ships with modules are ultimately workable or not, though.

Depending on the visuals you want, it might be easier to achieve this using decorative "weapons" - type:"DECORATIVE" slots on the hull, and weapons. See: blinker_red.wpn for an example, used by the vanilla Buffalo.
Yep, I am going for the deco route
Check out my ships
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 711