Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 710

Author Topic: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread  (Read 1727215 times)

Pax_Empyrean

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread
« Reply #2745 on: March 09, 2016, 12:13:28 PM »

One shot/rack/pod missile weapons share the same projectile, so any change in the csv stats must be made for all 3 versions of the weapon.
Thanks. I had changed the small versions, but not the larger ones. I'm guessing the hit points thing was just being overwritten.

Oddly enough, the damage difference went through without a hitch. Thanks for the reply, Alex.

EDIT: Just confirmed. That was the problem, and now it's working fine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:46:26 PM by Pax_Empyrean »

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: March 09, 2016, 04:33:46 PM »

Not sure this is the right place for this, but...
Are there any current Mods that can make a 1 system campaign map with every faction (vanilla and mod) spawning in that one system?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:46:05 PM by Cordacc »

Beobachter

• Ensign
  • Balancing? What is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:35 PM »

Are there any current Mods that can make a 1 system campaign map with every faction (vanilla and mod) spawning in that one system?
I believe StarSector+ has "Corvus Mode" which has that functionality.

Disregard completely, corrected by Tartiflette
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:37:53 AM by Beobachter »
Putting together a mod sometime in the distant future.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »

I believe StarSector+ has "Corvus Mode" which has that functionality.
Nexerelin has a Corvus mode and that's the opposite of what he wants. But you can create a single system in a Procedural Nexerelin. Although beware, it will be crowded with fleets and much faster paced than in used to in the pre-0.58a days.

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: March 10, 2016, 02:36:00 AM »

I tried making a single system in Nexerelin, and for the most part it worked well. The biggest issues being that even when I set planets and stations to max, most of the time not all factions will spaw. There's also the sort of inherent issue whereby if I want all the factions that'll only be the case for a very short period of time in Nexerelin, as factions will very quickly get knocked out. I'm actually kinda curious as to why the number of faction that spawn fluctuates between starts for no apparent reason.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: March 10, 2016, 02:43:08 AM »

I tried making a single system in Nexerelin, and for the most part it worked well. The biggest issues being that even when I set planets and stations to max, most of the time not all factions will spaw. There's also the sort of inherent issue whereby if I want all the factions that'll only be the case for a very short period of time in Nexerelin, as factions will very quickly get knocked out. I'm actually kinda curious as to why the number of faction that spawn fluctuates between starts for no apparent reason.
You can alter the min and max stations/planets in Nexerelin's settings.json I believe.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 10, 2016, 01:01:40 PM »

edit:

A means for create a new BoundAPI with a "false" entity?
Or where see a class who implements BoundsAPI? (For copy update method)

Update: Because i have create a class hitbox who are just a polygon with segment(a other class). But, i have not idea for facing of this polygon link with facing ship.
Edit: a gif for give my problem:
Spoiler
[close]
EDIT: sorry, after 4 hours, i have found.
EDIT2: Yippie, ok, i am sad, this is not so beautiful when expected, but...
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:58:04 PM by Snrasha »
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2752 on: March 13, 2016, 01:26:47 AM »

Is $menuState used for anything? I want to know if I can set it to things that are not "main".

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: March 13, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »

How can I alter the Officer name pool? I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Dickerson all of the time. It seems that surname appears all of the time for me, across multiple restarts. I just want to remove that particular surname from being selected.

Edit: No matter, I found how to do it.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:56:33 AM by Kevin Flemming »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 13, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »

Is $menuState used for anything? I want to know if I can set it to things that are not "main".

If you search through rules.csv, you can see that $menuState is used to populate the top level of the market interaction menu with options. The idea is that it might be set to something else when/if options start to have nested sub-options, as opposed to all immediately opening a dialog/screen of some sort.

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 14, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »

Is there a way to invert the side of the battle map where units have to go through when they retreat?

Basically I would like the player fleet to retreat through the top of the map, while the opposing fleet would retreat through the bottom of the map. The goal here is to force fleets to pass through each other even when one is trying to avoid the other.

I've found this: http://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/com/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineAPI.html#setSideDeploymentOverrideSide(com.fs.starfarer.api.mission.FleetSide)
But I'm not sure what this actually does.

Context: this is a follow-up on an idea suggested in http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10834.msg184725#msg184725

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 19, 2016, 04:59:49 AM »

If there a relatively simple way to make a weapon firing 2 different projectiles? Maybe 2 different weapons, but one of them triggering another to fire first...?

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 19, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »

Is there a way to invert the side of the battle map where units have to go through when they retreat?
Pretty sure you'd have to have a new AI to handle that; the method you're talking about is mainly there to support Allied fleets.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 21, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »

Is there any way to give a personality (aggressive, steady, etc) without an officer? Or force all ships of a certain type to have that personality?

Related question: is there any way to completely remove the fighter AI's default flanking behavior without writing an entirely new AI for them? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Spoiler
I've been working on a fighter mod to make carrier fleets viable, and everything is fine except for their behavior. If they just flew directly at the enemy and shot, they would be great! As is, they just uselessly try and flank and get blown away by long range weapon without landing a single shot.
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: March 21, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

Is there any way to give a personality (aggressive, steady, etc) without an officer? Or force all ships of a certain type to have that personality?

Was going to say yes, but it turns out PersonAPI getCaptain() isn't exposed in the ShipAPI. Added, but for now the answer is, I think, no.

Related question: is there any way to completely remove the fighter AI's default flanking behavior without writing an entirely new AI for them? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Pretty sure your guess is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 710