Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 bugs. Drone target/ flak / hidden missile mount  (Read 2959 times)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
3 bugs. Drone target/ flak / hidden missile mount
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:15:48 PM »

1) Seems mentioned before but just to make sure-

Drone will not find a new target even the target is DISABLE or DESTROYED.
It is obvious as using "face enemy" can see that it keep facing the point where the original target killed

unless it's out of the drone's weapon range, the drone won't find a new target.

2) flak shot/proximity fuse weapon is unable to touch larger ship, or ship with large centre mass circle, as it explode whenever it reach the circle but not the ship boundary.

3) missile weapon cannot use HIDDEN, whenever using it instead of hardpoint the game crash when fire the missile with the error of
Spoiler
313348 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 4, Size: 4
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 4, Size: 4
   at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.dosuper.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.OoOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.?O0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.C.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.A.A.I.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.WeaponGroup.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.WeaponGroup.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.OOoO.?O?000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]

Fleet construction in progress.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 3 bugs. Drone target/ flak / hidden missile mount
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:14:37 PM »

Thanks for the reports.

Could you expand on #1? I'm not sure I understand the steps to reproduce this.

#2 - I'm inclined to call it a feature, if only because that's how the engine works, and I don't see changing it in the near future. Other aspects of the game also don't handle long, thin ship designs particularly well, this is just one manifestation of it.

#3 - I suspect there may be some other issue with your modded weapon. If you look at the Thunder fighter, it's using two HIDDEN missile slots and works fine.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 03:17:55 AM »

Could you expand on #1? I'm not sure I understand the steps to reproduce this.

I think it's only noticeable (present?) with the Terminator Drone. It will always face a r-selected target in range, even if that is destroyed. Other threats will only be attacked with the turret (or if between drone and target).

Has been reported before btw.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4547.msg71510#msg71510
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:32 PM »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up - fixed. Not sure how I managed to miss the report the first time :)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »

ah nice. made a video showcasing the problem but guess no needed. this topic can closed i guess. thanks Alex

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:30:06 AM »

hey maximilianyuen abot the hidden missle racks.
you should be able to hide them but they wont actually get hidden only weirdly compressed.
this becuase they aint supossed to be hidden.
would be strange to have a missle fly out of nowhere.
I have posted this before  ;)
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

hey maximilianyuen abot the hidden missle racks.
you should be able to hide them but they wont actually get hidden only weirdly compressed.
this becuase they aint supossed to be hidden.
would be strange to have a missle fly out of nowhere.
I have posted this before  ;)

when it's hidden it's suppose should be fly out from the ship hull which is integrated with missile well (in my mind) :)

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »

I looked into history and found this from an old topic of mine about hidden missle racks.
For a custom weapon, you can set "renderHints":[RENDER_LOADED_MISSILES_UNLESS_HIDDEN]

For stock Harpoons, that's what it's going to look like. It shouldn't be squishing the missiles, though. In general, HIDDEN slots are only intended for fighters, and are only going to work well there, or in TC-style mods that use their own weapons, have a different sense of scale, etc.

For example, if the missiles were completely invisible, they'd just pop into existence when fired. Wouldn't look very good.
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.