Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: this looks interesting  (Read 13403 times)

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
Re: this looks interesting
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »

I suggest allowing those who pay £8, for a limited time only, gain access to the prototype once the kick starter ends and all updates from there, allows for better testing and easier development
I don't exactly know about easier development but it would be neat, it also allows for the ability to preorder the game and get something for it, although this depends on how you plan to distribute it as games that do that on steam don't tend to do all that well in my experience (the game builds a reputation of being unfinished unless the first build released feels completed and the other releases are feel like free DLC)

SlipspaceStudios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 07:44:16 AM »

sproginator - We are looking into getting a post on rock paper shotgun. Unfortunately they like to be able to play a game and we are not yet at a stage we would like to send to anyone.

We cannot modify tiers once people have pledged to them and have decided we want the game to be in a relatively finished state before the public getting their hands on it as we do not want to generate any negative media around the game as sdmike1 said.

We have just announced linux support and posted some more details on the cruiser management system.

I have just got the new camera system working so that the camera can now be rotated around the players ship by holding the option key and moving the mouse. I will be doing a demo of this in the coming days.

Thanks for all the feedback and support.
I'll keep you guys posted as we do new developments and announce new features.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »

sproginator - We are looking into getting a post on rock paper shotgun. Unfortunately they like to be able to play a game and we are not yet at a stage we would like to send to anyone.

We cannot modify tiers once people have pledged to them and have decided we want the game to be in a relatively finished state before the public getting their hands on it as we do not want to generate any negative media around the game as sdmike1 said.

We have just announced linux support and posted some more details on the cruiser management system.

I have just got the new camera system working so that the camera can now be rotated around the players ship by holding the option key and moving the mouse. I will be doing a demo of this in the coming days.

Thanks for all the feedback and support.
I'll keep you guys posted as we do new developments and announce new features.
YES! straight 2.5d hurts my eyes, rotatable camera helps a lot thank you :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:18 AM »

Will we able to tilt the camera up and down, or rotate 360 degrees in all directions? If so, COUNT ME IN! :D

SlipspaceStudios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 10:55:34 AM »

Glad you guys like it. :)

Currently you are able to rotate the camera 360 degrees around your ship as you should always have your ship in view.

We may add a free look button so you can look away from your ship then press it again to flick back to your ship. Thoughts on this?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »

Sounds cool. What's more important (for me, atleast ;)) is the ability to tilt the camera up and down, so we can see the top of the ship (in a birds-eye view) and the bottom. So to say, full 3D, in a different perspective. :)

SlipspaceStudios

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »

That's good then, you can do that with the current system as it allows you to put the camera in any position around your ship, both up down and left right.

So yes you can put the camera above your ship and it always faces your ship so will be a birds eye view if you choose.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »

Great, that's awesome. Will sure be helping you guys out. :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]