Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: That Moment  (Read 8843 times)

Abaddon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
That Moment
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »

We all have them, those moments when we are playing SF and suddenly we feel completely in the zone, we get an evil smile and start laughing manically. For me it's when the right music comes on just as I am coming within range of the enemy and I start passing through an asteroid field made of nothing but small rocks that I smash through just as I open fire. It just makes me feel so bad ass.

UrbanGiraffe

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: That Moment
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »

Getting both torpedo hits with a Cyclone Torpedo Launcher feels pretty great. I once hit two Hounds consecutively with one volley, and it was quite the spiritual experience.

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

When 6 low tech bombers come at me and i just fire 5 Harpoons one for each and they all hit (and kill) their targets before thay cna release any bombs.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

Dropping the shield right before going through two wrecks so i don't knock them aside to protect my left side from an incoming destroyer barrage; and then noticing a stack of swarmers coming at my unsheilded back with my Wasps coming in right in the nick of time to destroy all the missiles allowing me time to finish venting flux and finish off the destroyer.

Supaskills.

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:38 PM »

When my Conquest is circling a Hegemony Onslaught pounding into it with Dual Heavy Maulers and Hephaestus assault guns the explosions and bullets flying between the two ships especially if the onslaught has the annihilators it just looks spectacular.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:49:35 PM »

This pic, beats it all.

Spoiler
[close]

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »

What is that?

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

What is that?

4 onslaughts cobbled together with duct tape amd good wishes.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »

When you have a ship that can be described as nothing short of invincible. Note the amount of disabled ship messages and the burning husks at the lower half

Spoiler
[close]

Seriously, that ship is just insane with combat and tech skills way up high. Though that picture doesn't really illustrate its true power well

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »

I still prefer the smaller engagements: frigate 1v1 or 2v2, maybe a destroyer thrown in for good measure. A game of circling until someone either pushes their flux too high or gets tagged by a missile. The only downside is that the AI doesn't always capitalize on a player's mistakes.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »

For me it's when I'm piloting a soup'd up hound in a big fire-fight and every shot I fire hits it's mark even through all my maneuvers to avoid the death flying at me from all directions. Because who doesn't love being able to snipe missiles and fighters and the engines of some giant monstrosity while spinning faster than a top and somehow still avoiding getting hit other than the one shot that tends to send me into such a maneuver.

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »

When my fleet is getting destroyed by a enemy capital ship, and suddenly my Onslaught comes smashing through, and completely destroys the enemy capship ;D.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:42 AM »

When your fighting a 1v1 against a larger or faster ship and suddenly an ally comes to your aide and puts him/herself in-between you and the enemy's weapon fire.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »

When your fighting a 1v1 against a larger or faster ship and suddenly an ally comes to your aide and puts him/herself in-between you and the enemy's weapon fire.

Funny you should mention that because I tend to find that more annoying than helpful. Usually my "ally" will receive a blaster to the rear for his trouble, but maybe he'll intercept it with his shield and instead take a heavy mauler to the nose instead.

I dunno, when I'm in a frigate and I see two ships duking it out with a ton of projectiles flying between them, I tend to avoid the crossfire.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »

This pic, beats it all.

Spoiler
[close]

Make that into 8 Onslaughts instead? That'd be an epic station
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)
Pages: [1] 2