Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Armor Turning Bug  (Read 1345 times)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Armor Turning Bug
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

I don't know if Alex would call this a bug or suggestion to him but here is the problem.

The Apogee I put down for testing eventually took near-critical damage, and then regardless of how well the shields were holding it would keep turning it's rear to the enemy as if saying "Put it up my tail pipe" which is really silly.  Ships with weapons mostly on one side shouldn't shy away from showing it when trying to fight back if their armor is damaged there.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Turning Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

Thanks, good catch. Addressed it.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Turning Bug
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:41:21 PM »

Thanks, good catch. Addressed it.

Always glad to help, now there's another bug I noticed.  It's mod related however but in the Relics Mod there's a ship called the Plower.

I don't know why, but it tries to broadside instead of attacking frontally which is kind of irritating and I can't figure out why it does that.  All the weapons aside from the rear Burst PD's all can hit frontal targets.  Is it because the two turrets don't overlap completely that it considers it broadside and not frontal in terms of how it orientates it's weapons?

EDIT:

Another thing popped up when playing around with the Relics Mod, the ships with pathetic armor don't protect themselves from asteroid impacts leading to them killing themselves due to their sheer stupidity.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:51:49 PM by Reshy »