Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Distance kickstarter, Tronish racing game  (Read 3902 times)

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Distance kickstarter, Tronish racing game
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »

Ok so its not a "Space Game" But I have some high hopes for it and I think it needs some more attention.
its a Tron like car racing game, but is a survival, your car can fly, and there is some hinting to a battle mode.

Not to mention it will be multiplayer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1857884659/distance-a-next-generation-arcade-racer

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: Distance kickstarter, Tronish racing game
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 05:07:35 AM »

Ok so its not a "Space Game" But I have some high hopes for it and I think it needs some more attention.
its a Tron like car racing game, but is a survival, your car can fly, and there is some hinting to a battle mode.

Not to mention it will be multiplayer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1857884659/distance-a-next-generation-arcade-racer

This, I am excited about, I played the previous one, nitronic rush, it's brilliant!
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »

Yeah nitronic rush was awesome, one of the best survival racing games (for all the people that don't know nitronic rush is free) and seeing a multiplayer version of it is very exciting.  but for some reason the decided to use unity for the game engine and unity's dev costs are very high.

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »

I also wanted to mention that if they don't get the money the game probably will not be made.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »

but for some reason the decided to use unity for the game engine and unity's dev costs are very high.
It is probably not as high as rolling your own unity. You get a lot for the money. And you don't pay royalties. (EDIT: well depending on platform)

Not sure why you think the cost is so high.

'NOTHER EDIT: Also this kickstarter made me download nitronic rush. It's mega awesome.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:13:22 PM by icepick37 »
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

SonicRaptor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »

I misunderstood the contract requirements for unity for some reason, but none the less they are going to need to support a three person team and they probably will need to buy a server for match hosting.

P.S. some of the planed game modes in the new one are tag and most likely Capture the Flag.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »

I misunderstood the contract requirements for unity for some reason, but none the less they are going to need to support a three person team and they probably will need to buy a server for match hosting.
Ah.

Aye, it is not cheap to make a good game.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »

Dang, Unity  :-\ the game looks great, but my graphics card, which is pretty good for a laptop, seems to hate Unity so much.
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.