Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645459 times)

Jsay19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.4.1 (28/12/2014) [0.65.1a] hotfix
« Reply #3465 on: December 29, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

FFS has a godly transport 150 cargo and 150 fuel, fast, tons of weapons, hull and shielding. One can easily upgrade it to 360° shields, enhanced engines and pacing some nasty weapons to boot.
AND low fuel consumption!!!
It's also Classified as a Frigate, funnily enough.

Besides their Freighter, I love their Carrier, 2 Slots from a Destroyer Hull? Yes Please! Decent Point Defence too, aswell as the 360 Shields and Speed.

FFS Ships have always been Nasty.

I've done some fun stuff with their Missiles, a Justice Class Destroyer has 8 Small Missle Mounts, and with that, you can destroy a Novgorod Crusier with a Full Salvo of the Right Missile. They suck against the AI Fortress Shields of the UIN though.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3466 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »

Glad to see this functionality from the older version added again.

It is a little bit different though. Earlier you could make peace and at some point even buy an alliance.
Now you can only pay not to get targeted. You will have to repair your relationship further by doing some other things that will please that faction. No paying money for being friends.

It's also Classified as a Frigate, funnily enough.

Besides their Freighter, I love their Carrier, 2 Slots from a Destroyer Hull? Yes Please! Decent Point Defence too, aswell as the 360 Shields and Speed.

FFS Ships have always been Nasty.

I've done some fun stuff with their Missiles, a Justice Class Destroyer has 8 Small Missle Mounts, and with that, you can destroy a Novgorod Crusier with a Full Salvo of the Right Missile. They suck against the AI Fortress Shields of the UIN though.

FFS ships are that effective only due to a reason that they can`t afford building anything larger. Well, at least lore-wise :)
If you look at their systems - they don`t have orbital shipyards at all and thus - no proper space construction facilities for large-scale construction. They can construct destroyers in orbit, but that`s all.

Oh, they do have a large 'ship' planned though...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3467 on: December 29, 2014, 11:49:08 PM »

An idea was brewing in my head for quite some time to make a sort of canteen or bar on all stations where you can find some interesting people:

1. a member of local security that can 'fix' your reputation for a price.
2. a mercenary group with their own decorated unique frigate.
3. a person who can give you a mission for money.
4. an 'explorer' that can sell you some logs (part of which could be invalid).
5. a person interested in special delivery to the other station.
6. a guy who will gladly pay for any alien artifacts.
7. a team that will sell a random frigate ship from the local military market for a double price.
8. a person who will provide you with some discovery which you`ll have to locate.
9. a miner that will tell you about some asteroid fields (surveying them for you as if you have used a scanner).
10. a barmen who will sell you a rumor for a price (like telling you that 'there was a guy claiming to have seen a slain rock fly somewhere).

The thing here is that most of it require time, effort and dedication as well as lots of thinking. And I`m a bit too lazy these days :)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: December 30, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »

Sounds interesting.
b.t.w. Okim. I started making an excel sheet with ship stats for balancing reference...and what caught my eye is that numbers are all over the spectrum. (gunships HP raging from 750-1800, armor from 50 to 200, flux from 600 to 2000, etc..)

Do you happen to have a spreadsheet done so I don't have to make one?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3469 on: December 30, 2014, 04:35:34 AM »

Sounds interesting.
b.t.w. Okim. I started making an excel sheet with ship stats for balancing reference...and what caught my eye is that numbers are all over the spectrum. (gunships HP raging from 750-1800, armor from 50 to 200, flux from 600 to 2000, etc..)

Do you happen to have a spreadsheet done so I don't have to make one?

RSF have great armor, but bad flux.
ISA have good flux, but bad armor
UNI have both good armor and flux, but are slow
XLE have everything on moderate, but greater speed
FFS have above average values in everything

Other than that - can`t help you much. Generally, flux capacity and vents use a universal formula for ships of a given faction. So does the hull/armour.

Ubik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: December 30, 2014, 05:20:39 AM »

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but 95% of my tries to reload a current savegame fail...

Running Starsector 0.65.1a with Ironclads 8.4.1, LazyLib 2.0b, ZZ ShaderLib Beta v1.02 and Common Radar 1.1b

Using Java Version 8, Update 25; editing the vparams to 2048 didn't help either.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3471 on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:39 AM »

Why do you use shaderlib? Does it have any effect in the game? Lazylib is used for the combat radar, right? Otherwise it has no effect in Ironclads.

What do you mean by failing to load? The game says that you`ve a corrupted game or what?

Have you followed the instructions on the first page?

Ubik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: December 30, 2014, 06:41:23 AM »

Why do you use shaderlib? Does it have any effect in the game? Lazylib is used for the combat radar, right? Otherwise it has no effect in Ironclads.

What do you mean by failing to load? The game says that you`ve a corrupted game or what?

Have you followed the instructions on the first page?

1. ShaderLib was required for another mod that I played before, seems i forgot to deactivate it. LazyLib is for the Radar, yes.

2. The loading bar was getting slower and slower and shortly before reaching the end it stopped and prompted an error. which surprised me as i did not change anything between playing last night and trying to continue today.

3. Afaik, yes.

I have reinstalled the gameclient and my mods now.  Will start a new game and check if it keeps working for me this time.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3473 on: December 30, 2014, 06:45:36 AM »

There only 3 problems with saves that can occur:

1. save got corrupted somehow
2. you are running out of memory while loading it
3. mods got updated or disabled and thus can`t be loaded properly

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: December 30, 2014, 07:10:36 AM »

To be frank I noticed something similar once.

I don't think it has anything to do with Ironclads, but as you get further into the game, it takes longer and longer for the game to load.

I have a beast of a gaming machine (and java set to use 2GB of memory), but at one point one of my savegames started stuttering during loading (sound cuts off, loading grind to a halt, then continues at a snails pace.. rinse and repeat) until the game simply stops responding.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: December 30, 2014, 07:28:26 AM »

I`d like to know what you are doing in the Ironclads?

Basically starting off by picking an enemy faction by way of stalking a trade fleet before they offload at a market and liberating their haul.  Later on I always seem to chase after FFS carriers to steal since they're pretty much invulnerable if fitted correctly-  Have noticed lots of carriers in a fleet with no fighters which makes nabbing them fairly straightforward :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3476 on: December 30, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »

FFS carriers are used both as carriers and as large combat ships. Probably will change it since obtaining their ships is so easy ;)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3477 on: December 30, 2014, 08:02:45 AM »

I`d like to know what you are doing in the Ironclads?

Basically starting off by picking an enemy faction by way of stalking a trade fleet before they offload at a market and liberating their haul.  Later on I always seem to chase after FFS carriers to steal since they're pretty much invulnerable if fitted correctly-  Have noticed lots of carriers in a fleet with no fighters which makes nabbing them fairly straightforward :D

That`s an ancient enemy of Ironclads that seemed to be slumbering until the recent random unexplored systems addition. Though these systems are not that performance-hungry. Fleets are to blame for these issues.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: December 30, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »

To be frank I noticed something similar once.

I don't think it has anything to do with Ironclads, but as you get further into the game, it takes longer and longer for the game to load.

I have a beast of a gaming machine (and java set to use 2GB of memory), but at one point one of my savegames started stuttering during loading (sound cuts off, loading grind to a halt, then continues at a snails pace.. rinse and repeat) until the game simply stops responding.

May just be that 2GB is getting to be too little, Alex even bumped up the vanilla cap to 1024MB. I've had stuttering loading on some of the bigger mods (Ironclads and SS+) even with 4GB allocated.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: December 30, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »

Well looking at the changelog Alex is already on the case as he's stated saves will be reduced by around 50% with the patch
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 281