Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645903 times)

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.3 (12/12/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3375 on: December 13, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »

i think i edited the price of fuel on some mods since i used to get more salvaged than i used to use so i had excess to sell.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 13, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »

Not seeing any medium mass drivers Okim, were they removed?

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 13, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »

These damn updates Okim. They're so good.
I got an Illinois-class destroyer, it's so fun to fight the alien ships with it! You just teleport around everywhere trying to out-maneuver their ships.

I've also been trying to get those RSF Turbo Laser things, since I want to put them on a Michigan-class, so I looked at what ship variants have them, and I think there's only one RSF ship that has them, so I've been going after fleets with that in just to get it. But after killing about 6-10 of them I still haven't gotten any. So out of curiosity I used console commands to give me good relations with RSF to see if I could have went with befriending them and getting the lasers that way, but there were none anywhere. Is this just bad luck?
EDIT: Nvm, right after posting this, I got one from killing an RSF fleet.

P.S. ISA fleets seem a lot more powerful than RSF fleets, I saw an RSF war fleet get completely destroyed by an ISA security detachment. I'm not sure which one's supposed to be more powerful but it somehow doesn't feel right.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:51:10 PM by TheLochNessCheeseBurger »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 13, 2014, 02:07:44 PM »

These damn updates Okim. They're so good.
I got an Illinois-class destroyer, it's so fun to fight the alien ships with it! You just teleport around everywhere trying to out-maneuver their ships.

I've also been trying to get those RSF Turbo Laser things, since I want to put them on a Michigan-class, so I looked at what ship variants have them, and I think there's only one RSF ship that has them, so I've been going after fleets with that in just to get it. But after killing about 6-10 of them I still haven't gotten any. So out of curiosity I used console commands to give me good relations with RSF to see if I could have went with befriending them and getting the lasers that way, but there were none anywhere. Is this just bad luck?
EDIT: Nvm, right after posting this, I got one from killing an RSF fleet.

P.S. ISA fleets seem a lot more powerful than RSF fleets, I saw an RSF war fleet get completely destroyed by an ISA security detachment. I'm not sure which one's supposed to be more powerful but it somehow doesn't feel right.
From what I remember, ISA favors fighters and bombers, which can be devastating against poorly shielded ships, like the RSF.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 13, 2014, 09:59:32 PM »

made ISA and RSF use the dreadnought and alien use the mothership and it is so fun! Destroyed a mothership in 5 second with my costum version of the dreadnought, as far as i tested it, its around 2.5 times better than the original :P Its the only ship that I know of which can take on two moscows and one dreadnought!

NEW IDEA
Feel good about this one

Spoiler
After all of this, I feel like the aliens should have the aliens should have a massive ship that spaws only once every 5 cycles or so and its goal is to wipe out every system on the map. Every  station it destroys will have a cool down on ship spawns so it would remain really weak for a long time. So basicly it would give the player a reason to stick around and defend the factions and build a giant fleet in order to remain alive after the attack since stations wont give supplies or fuel after being destroyed for around 1 cycle to keep it realistic. Since you said you would add station capturing and such things like that, I believe it would be possible...

Actualy I have a simpler idea how to do that, the alien planet class (because i guess that the mothership isn't  challenging enough against the dreadnought variant I have which took it down in less than 10 seconds...). Since the dreadnoughts were actualy taken down, ISA would have built a massive America Class ship which would be based off of the alien technology after the first massive attack at Grant which consisted of only one massive ship, the Annihilator (<== not sure if spelling is right :P). In size it would be 6 times the size of the dreadnought so it was basicly impossible for ISA to stop it... Unless they built Code 57... 2 times the size of the dreadnought, 10 flight decks and over 300 ordinance points! Unfortunatly, RSF found out about the project and the spy which gave them the information did not say it was to defend humanity against the biggest threat they ever faced so they decided to build a ship in order to defend themselves from what they believed to be a secret ship to destroy their faction... We don't have any information on what they are building, but what we know is that it might look like a threat at the moment, but in the futur when they might come back RSF could still help.

I stopped thinking about complex stuff and started thinking about a really cool thing to add to the mod, not too far away from your current plans and if you don't want to consider this idea I could still make the ship sprites for such an addon since there would be 3 new massive ships to add to the current mod, the only thing you would really have to do is code for the events to happend and I would probably ask you a bit of questions on how to code certain things if I don't find the answer on the forums! I will have my *** laptop on christmas vacations and it can't run good games on it either so I will basicly have alot of time to work on these, I don't expect you to say yes at the moment and one thing I have to mention is that I will try my best to make them look as close as I can to your design style to not make them feel out of place :P I have really good ideas about some designs and I will take alot of time to make sure everything looks really good to you!

Idk why I really want to help you with this or why I like throwing myself at such a big project, but what I know is if you say yes, I will work my ass off and be really happy to actualy do something of my life :P
I will try to make most of this on my own but if it becomes really to big for me I will ask you some help. Its mostly going to be questions on coding but other than that, theres nothing else really.

If you read this pointless mesage and accept I would really appreciate
Spoiler
Holy crap this is long -_- Feel bad now...
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:04:03 PM by lilstrip »

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 14, 2014, 12:49:57 AM »

lilstrip PLEASE make a thread called Lilstrip's Ironclads adventures or something and let us keep this thread to bug/progress reports and releases?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 14, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »

I just found Black Widows have posted general bounty on Free Traders Guild. 10/10 love it.
However, I haven't found any normal pirates. Why are they gone?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3382 on: December 14, 2014, 05:02:02 AM »

What do you mean 'no mormal pirates'? Particul, Rock, Pixie and Shanidar should spaw quite a number of pirate fleets to harrass near by colonies.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 14, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

I've been playing the mod for a while, and things seem great.

The only thing that's bugged so far is that pirates and RSF are hostile to me in the intel tab, but are neutral to me in game. The factions even go hostile for a second after I fight one of their fleets, but then turn neutral shortly after.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3384 on: December 14, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »

Hm. That might be a bug with my reputation checher script.

What are your relations with FTG and others?

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 14, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »

Well RSF is now hostile to me, apparently I had to attack them first.

The other factions are:
  • FTG are Welcoming
  • ISA are Cooperative
  • UIN and XLE are Neutral
  • The pirate factions (Widows,Marauders, Pirates) are Inhospitable

Everything else besides that works fine though.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 15, 2014, 12:13:58 AM »

Thanks for the 8.3 Okim! ;D

I got my modification to work. Works fine, can fly around my system and everything. I only get a crash when buying ships. Looking into it now.

Anywhoo, thanks again.

EDIT:
Were supplies always this expensive?
The game seems harder (not a bad thing) and the financial viability of larger fleets questionable (this might).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3387 on: December 15, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »

Well RSF is now hostile to me, apparently I had to attack them first.

The other factions are:
  • FTG are Welcoming
  • ISA are Cooperative
  • UIN and XLE are Neutral
  • The pirate factions (Widows,Marauders, Pirates) are Inhospitable

Everything else besides that works fine though.

There is a script in current version that checks if you are hostile with FTG. Is you are (your rel is hostile or vengeful) - then all of the FTG supporting factions declare you out of law. You will get i bad red message about it.

If after that you somehow managed to get your relationship to more than inhospital with FTG - all other factions boost their relationship towards you by ~15 so that you could start getting better relationship with those.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3388 on: December 15, 2014, 04:26:27 AM »

Were supplies always this expensive?
The game seems harder (not a bad thing) and the financial viability of larger fleets questionable (this might).

Put a depot market condition on any of your colonies in a system. This will make supplies always available at some amount. Otherwise you need some light industry conditions to boost supplies production (thus lower their costs).

In general supplies should be are floating close to 135 per unit at most depots and drop to 50-75 on markets that produce these. Pirate bases, trading hubs, spaceports, military bases may rise the prices significantly if not getting enough.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 15, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »

One more question if I can Okim. Seems the game is throwing a fritz every time I want to buy/trade in my system

Code
393482 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Picking market updates
393483 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Ship Components(Visis)
393483 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Hand Weapons(Visis)
393484 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeInfoUpdateEvent  - Adding Electronics(Visis)
393542 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.getWeaponsOnRolePick(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:352)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.addWeaponsForRolePicks(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:314)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.addWeaponsBasedOnMarketSize(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:272)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.OpenMarketPlugin.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(OpenMarketPlugin.java:53)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.T.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OO0o.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.OO0o.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.int$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.int.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.int.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P.showCore(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:39)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.D.runScript(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:96)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:46)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBest(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:110)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:139)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.P$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
398299 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.getWeaponsOnRolePick(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:352)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.addWeaponsForRolePicks(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:314)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.BaseSubmarketPlugin.addWeaponsBasedOnMarketSize(BaseSubmarketPlugin.java:272)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.MilitarySubmarketPlugin.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(MilitarySubmarketPlugin.java:59)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.f.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.String.int$3.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If I were to hazzard a guess, it's trying to populate the market with items/ships of my faction and failing.
Where are those defined?
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 281