Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645754 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.2 (28/11/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3330 on: December 08, 2014, 10:13:25 AM »

You need to understand that modding a TOTAL CONVERSION MOD is the most difficult task among all possible modding things. Mostly because TC authors don`t take into account any user-friendliness or compatibility issues putting their own 'modding comfort' and mod`s stability/performance on top of things. I can open some ways to allow for modding of my mod, but I will never make things easier for others in the cost of losing any 'comfort' from my side ;)

SO - no modding of existing content like systems unless you know how to work with the JARs.

Okay thanks alot! Will go see how to do it and give everything i have on how to code all this because its fun to be able to build anything in a game!
Btw how long did it take you to just setup all the star systems you currently have?

Also I looked up the black widows and i can't wait to see how they interact with the factions but at the moment i know there is one ship but how many will there be?

Is it alright if i also ask a couple questions about some factions you plan on implementing other than the skulls, serpent and blazes if I am correct? Would be cool to have a australian in the futur :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:17:46 AM by lilstrip »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3331 on: December 08, 2014, 10:30:28 AM »

Is it alright if i also ask a couple questions about some factions you plan on implementing other than the skulls, serpent and blazes if I am correct? Would be cool to have a australian in the futur

Aside from the pirate subfactions and FFS there are no more planned factions/subfactions.

Btw how long did it take you to just setup all the star systems you currently have?

All systems? 2-3 days may be more. I don`t remember.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3332 on: December 08, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

Offtopic - http://vk.com/album-79492997_207641927

A reanimated almost 5-years old project code-named 'Stomper' for Warhammer 40k: Armageddon.
Recently got it back from the local WH40k club where it was hidden from my kid :)

P.S.: added comments in English especially for you. Let me know if something is not showing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:47:51 PM by Okim »

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: December 08, 2014, 12:54:30 PM »

That's really cool  :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3334 on: December 09, 2014, 02:22:47 AM »

Future Ironclads 8.3 changelog:

1. set up to 1 military base per system for each faction to increase cruiser/capital ship probability odds (vega has no MB)
2. added 1 FTG trading hub per each faction to ensure person bounties.
3. added a couple of FTG resupply depots to distand systems (to make obtaining supplies/fuel a bit easier and stimulate named bounties generation).
4. completely reworked non-economy fleet spawn - faction patrols now protect thier colonies rather than burning fuel in hyperspace or pointlessly patroling the systems. Pirates attack specific colonies/stations. ISA/RSF assault fleets invade their enemy systems and attempt to blockade their colonies (generating basic bounties and disrupting trade).
5. added back AI, Alien and Rock Fly menaces. These are spawned at some slow rate and invade their corresponding faction`s systems. Rocks seek for asteroid clusters and thus may interfere with mining operations. AI survey planets at random and attack some random XLE/RSF colony if allowed to return to their spawn point in large numbers (not being intercepted). ALiens do the same, but in UIN/ISA space and pick only colonised planets as targets. All menaces currently carry basic resources based on their origin for the purpose of the loot/reward. Rocks can drop some brights!
6. added Black Widows to the game. They operate in ISA/UIN space and use the generic pirate relationships with player. They get some high-tech ships based on ISA/UIN hulls.
7. all asteroid/iceroid clusters and space junk are now randomly generated in systems that are supposed to contain these (names are random)
8. buffed a bit the overmining procedure output and experience gained by player for mining
9. added the Marauders and a system for their hideout. Marauder fleets scavange the nearby abandoned stations, wrecks, space junk and scrapping facilities

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: December 09, 2014, 02:50:57 AM »

Will 8.3 have the SectorGen outside of the jar, or will that wait for some future release ?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3336 on: December 09, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »

Will 8.3 have the SectorGen outside of the jar, or will that wait for some future release ?

Will have as well as the FleetSpawner script essential for the patrol spawning.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: December 09, 2014, 03:02:49 AM »

Okim, if npc fleets are going to be raiding stations and planets do you intend to add functionality for the player to do so aswell?  It's nothing pressing but it would be nice to have an interaction for 200 marines to 'raid' an enemy station/outpost for some hefty reward while maybe causing a retaliation fleet to spawn :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:15:45 AM by Gabriel_Braun »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3338 on: December 09, 2014, 04:15:29 AM »

A custom battle was planned of some sort with a station participating from one side. But I think that this will not happen.

The dialogue-depending raids are, however, a nice idea and are much easier to implement. It also provides an opportunity to put quite a bunch of stuff to the mod - from boarding ships, to EMP torpedoes and many other interesting stuff. Will look into this, but surely not in this year.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: December 09, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »

No, of course it's not going to be anytime soon since you have your hands full with the new factions and fleet orders as well as the holidays coming up, I wouldn't expect miracles!  It just seemed a logical step forward  ;)

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

I love the idea of dialogue based raids, like boarding but versus planets and stations. The Marine's description refers to planet side operations so it would fit perfectly.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: December 09, 2014, 05:47:46 PM »

Spoiler
Hold on a second, if Alex (the creator of star sector) could make multiple maps that look like on land as a background and you make ship sprites that behaves like tanks or such vehicles, use the collision of asteroids to mimic buildings, maybe we could make ground battles, would be a totaly different thing but imagine how much fun it would be to have tank battles with solders acting like fighter squads since they kind of look like troops running and shooting from a top view angle, yes i could look wonky, but who cares :P as long as its fun and creative that would be great! And he could use the animation fighters use to dock with your ship when damaged and use that for like a dropship dropping you down with your other tanks on the battlefielfd... But that would need the help of Alex to make such a thing possible... We could get ground exploration and many other things like shopping on a station would literly mean you walk around in the station! Since it would still use 2D as a navigation map I am pretty sure it would be possible :P We just need to yell loud enough to get it in the next major update or two and then we could do almost anything with the game!
[close]
Also for station battles someone actualy did it already on the forums, will post the link when i find it!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:29:36 AM by lilstrip »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: December 09, 2014, 06:01:57 PM »

Will have as well as the FleetSpawner script essential for the patrol spawning.

thx! :D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3344 on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:57 PM »

Hold on a second, if Alex (the creator of star sector) could make multiple maps that look like on land as a background and you make ship sprites that behaves like tanks or such vehicles, use the collision of asteroids to mimic buildings, maybe we could make ground battles, would be a totaly different thing but imagine how much fun it would be to have tank battles with solders acting like fighter squads since they kind of look like troops running and shooting from a top view angle, yes i could look wonky, but who cares :P as long as its fun and creative that would be great! And he could use the animation fighters use to dock with your ship when damaged and use that for like a dropship dropping you down with your other tanks on the battlefielfd... But that would need the help of Alex to make such a thing possible... We could get ground exploration and many other things like shopping on a station would literly mean you walk around in the station! Since it would still use 2D as a navigation map I am pretty sure it would be possible :P We just need to yell loud enough to get it in the next major update or two and then we could do almost anything with the game!

Also for station battles someone actualy did it already on the forums, will post the link when i find it!

lilstrip, please stop doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 281