Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645748 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads TC 8.2 (28/11/2014) [0.65.1a compatible]
« Reply #3270 on: November 30, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »

Everything is packed into a JAR file. A single file to rule them all :P

why pack them as .class files? .json files are easily editable, .class files are not.
Or is that a change made to StarSector 6.5?

Core files of the mod require to be put into jar, so why not making it much easier for me to edit the whole script bunch in one place (in my case IntelijIdea)? It has a nice error checker that looks for code errors. It stores source files and modifies them so that i can easily get access to them. It compiles everything with 1 click.

Lot`s of prons with no cons (for me at least).

Jsay19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: November 30, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »

More seriously though, I can't find an Astrakan at all (RSF carrier) and fighter acquisition for RSF is really hard, loads of omsks and novgorods but the fighters are seemingly rare-  is this intended?

I'm getting the same Problem.

Zelphir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: November 30, 2014, 05:17:35 PM »

More seriously though, I can't find an Astrakan at all (RSF carrier) and fighter acquisition for RSF is really hard, loads of omsks and novgorods but the fighters are seemingly rare-  is this intended?

I'm getting the same Problem.

I have been emailing Alex and in an off statement he said that ship availability was a problem at the moment.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3273 on: November 30, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »

Ship availability has nothing to do directly with Ironclads. I, for one, can`t find Harvesters in my current playthrough, but have plenty of Astrakhans and Moscows (btw - don`t have any Orel carriers). It is totally random and i personally like it.

At some point later i`ll add an option to order a specific ship to be built especially for you (and put into storage of the shipyard).

riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: December 01, 2014, 05:57:40 AM »

I read that there is low pirate activity but are the special pirates bounty missions also gone? Also do i get more ressources or faster when mining with more mining ships?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3275 on: December 01, 2014, 06:04:19 AM »

1. Depends on pirate activity. If patrols make easy work out of them - there are low amount of bounties. IF patrols are scarce or not enough to kill all the pirates (and thus there are economy fleet casualties - you get more bounties).
2. More miners = more output. The exact formulae takes into account the number of miners, the crew level in majority and your mining skills. Bringing in extra miners will get things much faster.

riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: December 01, 2014, 09:16:37 AM »

Ok i looked up and i mean those "Wanted: Blackbeard" Missions never appear in the Game. Also Pirate Fleets are very rare now after 3 Hours playing and the biggest ships in those fleets are only some destroyers. So the only big fights i get when i fight other factions.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3277 on: December 01, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »

Pirates will never get more than destroyers. I`ll do some tweaks to pirate activity in the future.

As for the bounties - these are not there probably due the fact that FTG (which are the only giver of such bounties by the vanilla defaults) has only one station in Centronom. And this system is pretty well defended.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: December 01, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

Can you add all the previous stars and the aliens because i really miss all the juicy stuff from the previous version! The FFS ships, alien ships, pirate ships, all capital ships are all gone! and there is so much less stuff to do :( i would really enjoy if you could bring everything back and possibly make a new russian massive ship and a massive american ship and add a mothership for the AI that would be awesome! btw other than that everything is fine really, i just wish you add these things and bring back all the old amazing stuff! oh and please put back the alien mothership becasue in the last version it was only in a mission and it was disapointing...

thanks for reading, if you did lol

Jsay19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: December 01, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

Can you add all the previous stars and the aliens because i really miss all the juicy stuff from the previous version! The FFS ships, alien ships, pirate ships, all capital ships are all gone! and there is so much less stuff to do :( i would really enjoy if you could bring everything back and possibly make a new russian massive ship and a massive american ship and add a mothership for the AI that would be awesome! btw other than that everything is fine really, i just wish you add these things and bring back all the old amazing stuff! oh and please put back the alien mothership becasue in the last version it was only in a mission and it was disapointing...

Yeah, I like to get my Kerch-Class without Cheating, I need my KK Katyusha.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3280 on: December 01, 2014, 11:41:54 PM »

This all takes time, you know? And taking into account that the end of the year is near - the 'time' becomes a very rare and expensive commodity. I`ve just released a simple update that took me 2 weeks to prepare. Imagine how much time will be required for something more resource-heavy like drawing a new ship or coding back some of the now-incompatible ironclads stuff.

Many things are planned to be introduced, but many of these will require some deep dedication which I can`t afford right now.

Btw, capitals are in there. More so - even all prototypes are in campaign in the current version. The fact that you don`t get them means that you are not so lucky or factions are quite powerful and buy everything their bases own before you get a chance to get your hands on it. Military ships appear only at military bases and these are currently too scarce in the mod. This will be fixed in the future release by introducing additional military bases to a number of already existing colonies.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:43:44 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3281 on: December 02, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »

Ok. I`ve managed to set up a relatively simple script that checks for the number of pirate fleets and spawns some extra ones if the number of fleets is not enough. Fleets are being spawned at random pirate base and are assigned random targets to raid. The size of the fleet is also random and ranges from 5 to 55 points.

This means that pirate subfactions, AI, aliens and Rocks finally got a valid way to be spawned. Hooray!

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3282 on: December 02, 2014, 08:36:34 AM »

Are you aware that to unlock military submarket with advanced faction stuff you need to get some good reputation with them? Only military submarkets can sell cruisers, battleships and the majority of other military ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3283 on: December 02, 2014, 10:07:06 AM »

Here is a standard ISA military market:

Spoiler
[close]

You can see here even a prototype destroyer being available for 'cooperative' standing with ISA.

Ubik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: December 02, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »

Is it true just for weapon components? Or the whole loot.

So far i managed to get about ~6000-9000 credits per one ride. And that was merely anough to cut the supplies expenses and crew hiring cost (regulars cost money, while cheap greens result in low salvage and higher incident odds).

For me it is also true with the other "component" commodity, you can sell both for up to 4000 credits / unit, cleared to stations (without any skill spent in salvaging) and each earned me 500k-600k on the open markets...
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 281