Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645907 times)

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.2 (7/8/2014) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #3060 on: November 02, 2014, 06:56:55 AM »

In addition to the Merc and BH fleets that roam around in vanilla .65 and generally wreck pirates, theres also a lot of "Fast Pickets" I noticed from the factions that totally demolish most Pirate fleets, with the exception of like Pirate Armadas. These things are just made out of frigates and fighters, or so I recall.

I think its possible to set faction-controlled planets to spawn Independent fleets. From what I remember, Jangala does this on a regular basis (or maybe thats just from Asharu).
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

underlordz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Crash when starting
« Reply #3061 on: November 02, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

Hey so i just downloaded this game yesterday and im already interested in this mod! i have downloaded it and installed to the mods folder, when i boot up the game i get an error "fatal: ship hull spec [buffalo] not found" i did a couple google searches and snooped around in some files but im not exactly the best at finding the solutions to this stuff. I have fully deleted both the game and the mod, re-installed, and still have the same issue. any help would be very appreciated :0

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 02, 2014, 09:32:31 AM »

Hey so i just downloaded this game yesterday and im already interested in this mod! i have downloaded it and installed to the mods folder, when i boot up the game i get an error "fatal: ship hull spec [buffalo] not found" i did a couple google searches and snooped around in some files but im not exactly the best at finding the solutions to this stuff. I have fully deleted both the game and the mod, re-installed, and still have the same issue. any help would be very appreciated :0

Mod isn't updated yet, and probably won't be for the next dew days / weeks.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3063 on: November 02, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »

Mod isn't updated yet, and probably won't be for the next dew days / weeks.

/ months

To be serious - i`ve almost remade the entire market conditions and commodities for the past few dats. This means that once i finish this part - there will be just remaining factions to add, mining and salvaging to wire in, conversions to reintroduce and events/bounties to widen. I think that i`ll release a simple version with just all factions and their markets set up first (hoping somewhere during this week) and then continue to built the mass for the mod.

There are some TC-specific issues that can be fixed only by vanilla hotfixes, so these are also should be taken into account.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:41:17 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3064 on: November 02, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

I think its possible to set faction-controlled planets to spawn Independent fleets. From what I remember, Jangala does this on a regular basis (or maybe thats just from Asharu).

That happens by default with any market in the game and that`s why independents are now present in the mod.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 03, 2014, 12:34:47 AM »

The thing is that if you get cooperative with one faction and this blocks you form getting cooperative with the other - it may result in a bad situation where player just gets stuck unless he starts to be agressive with his cooperative fella.
Hmm... It would be nice if it was possible to make coop stance only through missions against other big factions and to not get hostile with target faction you would have to win while having that jammering thing which name I've already forgotten, so they wouldn't know what's happening. That would add some serious risk, but the reward would be worth that risk.

Morrigi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 03, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »

-disregard-
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:55:26 PM by Morrigi »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 03, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

http://screenshooter.net/100248408/rkcjugx
That's how it looks for me. If you don't have it it's either a bug or you have 45000 credits debt...

Morrigi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 03, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »

http://screenshooter.net/100248408/rkcjugx
That's how it looks for me. If you don't have it it's either a bug or you have 45000 credits debt...
Restarted the game and everything is fine now.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 04, 2014, 04:13:47 AM »

That happens by default with any market in the game and that`s why independents are now present in the mod.

Are you running a unified Independent faction like in vanilla or did you separate the various independent jobs like freight, smuggling and bounty hunting into their own factions? The vanilla method has the downside that hitting a smuggler fleet also ruins your reputation with legal freighters, mercs and everyone else who's grey.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3070 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »

No sepparation as in vanilla. FTG members are FTG members regardless of their deeds. And smuggler is not equal to pirate - he is just a more risky and greedy trader.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3071 on: November 05, 2014, 12:37:10 AM »

Little progress update.

RSF, XLE and one of the pirate stations are in the mod. RSF have 6 systems, XLE - 4. 
New commodities (electronics, medicaments, ship components, weapon components) are in the mod.
Rehauled and new market conditions and reworked icons for all of them are in the mod (new markets are for new types of commodities, reworked ones are vanilla having either modified production outputs or added/removed some of the demands/supplies).

Next in plans are UIN and some pirates.

For now faction specialization concept looks like this:
RSF has more markets producing volatiles and fuel. They have problems with electronics.
XLE produce ores and organics, but have issues with meds.
UIN specialize in electronics and ship components. They have high demand of volatiles.
ISA are good in supplies and meds production. They get shortage of ores.
FFS will have their 4 colonies forming a separate self-sufficient market. They are hostile to UIN and XLE and are in neutral stance with pirates and free traders. Other factions are inhospitable to them and just too far away to properly trade with.

How these schemes turn out with the self-stabilizing economy I dunno know. For now each new start provides a different initial commodities setup and thus very different approach to each game. One game forced me to operate in a particular system and just in few near by systems as only it had supplies at the lowest prices (of ~300 per unit!). One game had food shortages almost everywhere and allowed me to beeline to billionaire from mere privateer in less than a few weeks. Balance tweaking is something that I now fear the most...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #3072 on: November 05, 2014, 04:42:26 AM »

New exploration level for the Ironclads.

With the addition of custom entities it is now possible to create such things as hidden pirate bases, minable asteroid fields and salvageable wrecks that can`t be seen on the 'tab' map at all and thus can`t be easily found. This means that 0.65 brings the exciting possibility to mod in exploration and some skill/equipment layer that can be used for this. More so - it is possible to randomize these per system making each new playthrough a bit more different.

A few examples of what i mean. We have an explored system that is not yet colonized. It has a couple of planets and an asteroid belt. In that belt there are two-three spots of minable asteroids which are acting as custom entities. These spots are not seen on the map which you access by pressing 'tab', so you have to manually fly the whole belt to spot these. Once interacted with these spots are marked. Once mined to zero - they are removed.

Another example - we have a Gladisar system where there is a pirate hideout. Upon entering the system we have no idea where the base is. We can either manually search for it or follow a pirate fleet that may be present in the system. Once interacted with it automatically is displayed on the map (this bit is yet to be confirmed as an ability to modify this condition may not be present in the game).

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:53 AM »

Even if it isn't, you can fake it by creating a tiny new SectorEntityAPI of type something like "Recorded Base Location" after interacting with the secret one.

The record beacon type would show up on the map, but only get created on the first interaction, and be on top of the (relatively stationary) hidden target, basically just letting people find it again.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 05, 2014, 07:10:42 AM »

*the follow pirates to become one of them thing* and *salvagable wrecks*
Love it. Absolutely love it. And those hidden hulks or such mean that... Wait, what about the cores? Or however were named things used to join navies. Will they be still here? And with the brand new relation system, what function do they have now? I was about to say that they could be hidden in non visible on map hulks, but now I don't even know if they will survive the update.

FFS will have their 4 colonies forming a separate self-sufficient market.
They will still do raiding things? It would add some more risk to trading (UIN space - FFS, XLE space - Rock Flies and AI, RSF space - marauders (?) and war with ISA, ISA space - aliens and RSF), but I suppose that until you make it work it will be hard anyway...
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 281