Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645602 times)

PerfectDeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads TC 7.1 (2014/5/5) [for 0.6.2a]
« Reply #2670 on: May 28, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »

I've encountered a problem where my saves do not load and I get a message saying it is in a format from a modded version that is not active. At one point, all I had to do was restart the game and it was fixed; however, my level 19 can no longer load and a level 8 cannot load either.

I also found something wrong with the level 8 character, while kiting out my new carrier I encountered a wounded marauder. I killed him and found that I could not get the tool tips on his loot. So I gathered it all and jumped into the refit screen to see if that could view it. The refit screen constantly brought up the weapon hotkey window, if you clicked okay or hit esc it would pop back up. Only way to close it was to rapidly click on the close button in the top right corner but any further refits would show the same.

So, I saved, closed the game and tried loading again. The load failed just like my level 19.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2671 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:36 PM »

Guys, carefully read the original post please. Especially all the red notes...

PerfectDeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:14 AM »

I mostly brought up the bit about the save problem as it may be related to the weird refit bug.

I've had some issues editing the vmparams file simply because java kept using the file and it always forced me to create a new folder. I had to force java down to make the edit.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2673 on: May 29, 2014, 12:33:18 AM »

I`ve never encountered that refit issue you`ve described. It looks like a keyboard problem to me, honestly ;)

PerfectDeath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: May 29, 2014, 07:15:47 AM »

Well, if you put it that way, this is probably why, I have macro keys next to my tab button, I likely hit the one which spams W.

Why do I have a key like this? Southpark the stick of truth relies on key mashing the WASD. My keyboard cannot physically click fast enough and multiple presses of mine would act as if they were a single press. Dumb mechanic but easy enough of a macro.

RAMJB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: May 29, 2014, 07:44:30 AM »

Guess that i`ll have to name some star system after RAMJB for his dedication :)

lol. Glad to see some people became aware of both Star Sector and Project Ironclads thanks to me. Love the game, love the mod, so what else could I ask for? :)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:01 AM »

RamJb... hmmm...you don't happen to be the guy that Jingles play with in Warthunder or WoT? =D

If that's the case you should totally tell him to get this game.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: May 29, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »

RamJb... hmmm...you don't happen to be the guy that Jingles play with in Warthunder or WoT? =D

If that's the case you should totally tell him to get this game.
You know, I was just thinking that.  Although I wouldn't press it - Jingles has his hands rather full right now with WoT and WT.  I'm sure Alex would be extremely pleased if Jingles did pop in, though. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Gibster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: May 29, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »

I just realized that the Scrambler Device is basically a license to be an a-hole and get away with it. I can kill whatever I want, even as part of the RSF military, I could kill an RSF convoy and not get kicked out. Now I feel unexplainably satisfied but also slightly dirty. I simply felt the need to report this strange phenomenon, not that I'm sure most other people know about it, perhaps this may provoke some discussion about stuff other than bugs here.

Also sent here by RamJB incase I hadn't made it clear. On the topic of Jingles playing this, it would be interesting, I definitely think he would enjoy it but the game already got a video of TotalBiscuit playing it, twice.

RAMJB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: May 29, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »

I just realized that the Scrambler Device is basically a license to be an a-hole and get away with it.

Oh yeah it is. But that's the thing, open sandbox game. If you feel dirty by using it, don't ;). I've had games with a scrambler device being an absolute backstabber, but in those I always restricted my fleet to four combat ships at the most, and only one destroyer,rest frigates or gunboats. And doing so being out of the military (so most ships you'll be using will be civilian grade, but if you capture a military one, hey, put it to good use! :)). Kind of role-playing an "invisible" pirate, who's nominally part of a faction, but not in the military (one would guess that members of the navy would have their combats under check by their high command, and bringing back their ships with combat damage would need some explanation).

It's an absolute blast, because you can even massacre massive fleets if you catch them on low combat readiness, which is not hard if you enjoy preying on the spoils of big battles between any of the warring factions. Yet if you miscalculate the strenght of your ships, your whole fleet will go down.

However using it when you're deploying a full fleet with even a battleship is too much for my taste. Heck of a scrambler device if it's able to hid those behemoths in action :P. But the beauty is that you can use it...if you want. And you can avoid using it...if you want. Your game, your rules. I just love games that allow for that :).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:55:59 PM by RAMJB »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2680 on: May 30, 2014, 12:05:35 AM »

Ah, scrambler... )))

It actually is going to get a major revision to both its abilities. It was supposed to cover the fleet of the specific size so that you`ll need to get more devices in case you wish to raid with larger fleets. But right now we have no OP for fleets and logistics doesn`t actually fit well here.

I`ll eventually come up with something regarding this device, but i love that you like it ;)

P.S. the original goal of the device was to allow XLE and UIN players to fight other factions without being kicked from navy...

pownageboy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: May 30, 2014, 03:33:38 AM »

For whatever reason everytime i try to click on the actual link on the post to the archive i keep getting stuck loading a Lordsofthestars page that never shows up. please help.

Gibster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:10 AM »

Ah, scrambler... )))

It actually is going to get a major revision to both its abilities. It was supposed to cover the fleet of the specific size so that you`ll need to get more devices in case you wish to raid with larger fleets. But right now we have no OP for fleets and logistics doesn`t actually fit well here.

I`ll eventually come up with something regarding this device, but i love that you like it ;)

P.S. the original goal of the device was to allow XLE and UIN players to fight other factions without being kicked from navy...
Ah, clever, if you could get them to find it yeah it makes sense.

On another note, I got my hands on an ISA phase jumping frigate by visiting a pirate base (not sure if its their special Alien tech ship that you can exchange for), I forget the model but I've been testing it and I realized that it jumps so little a distance I've never been able to get around a cruiser like the description suggests it should be capable of. Maybe its just me but I personally think it should be buffed slightly IMHO. Also, after watching Ram's recent video with the RSI experimental Destroyer, I have to ask what special about it besides having a decent armament and looking real nice. Just curious that's all.

RAMJB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: May 30, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »

Also, after watching Ram's recent video with the RSI experimental Destroyer, I have to ask what special about it besides having a decent armament and looking real nice. Just curious that's all.

Well I can answer that. It's very flux efficient for a destroyer, and able to fire his Large Energy mount for long periods of time without overloading. That's something uncommon for the russians, which tend to be quite flux inneficient with bad flux disipation and are almost forced to use low flux producing ballistic weapons as a result. If you take a closer look at my videos you'll see that the Kursk 2 and 3s have a base flux dissipation of 250...the prototype Kerch has a base of 900. That's 50% extra flux dissipation from the russian battleship (which has 600). It's actually pretty sick all things considered.

Not only that, it actually has four energy mounts (one of them large, three mediums), when again energy weapons are extremely rare for the russians at the destroyer level (and very hard to fire efficiently due to flux buildup).

And finally, like all russian ships it sports a fixed front shield, which as all russian shields is pretty costly to upkeep in flux terms, and has a quite mediocre flux per damage stat. But is a 360 degree shield (!!!!!!!!!!!), while almost every other russian ship has a 180ยบ frontal arc shield. This one covers the whole of the ship, including the very vulnerable engines, and mixed with how effective in flux this ship is (for a destroyer, and for russian standards), that means you actually have a viable shield for once. Not to mention that including hull shield related mods (omnishield and stabilized shields work wonders with this ships) things get even better and you shield is no longer just viable but actually very strong.

But the best of all, it does all that while having the strongest armor and hull ratings for any in-game destroyer sized vessel. Only downsides are the lack of a missile mount and it's horrid burn speed. But the ship is a fearsome ship, easily as powerful as a cruiser while retaining destroyer level agility and speed, and well worth being as rare as it is.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 07:56:13 AM by RAMJB »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2684 on: May 30, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »

For whatever reason everytime i try to click on the actual link on the post to the archive i keep getting stuck loading a Lordsofthestars page that never shows up. please help.

Lordsofthestars.com is the place where the archive is. That`s my own project`s site and the only host i have for files (free of charge, fast and which i can trust). If it doesn`t load up... its odd. Probably host has some maintainance works.

Tested it now - works ok for me. Note that you`ll get a pop-up message in the bottom asking what would you like to do with the file (IE).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:35:43 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 281