Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645871 times)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.3 (0.6.2a)
« Reply #2385 on: January 21, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »

I know that Alex replaced the java6 with java7 in the recent update.

• Upgraded all versions to use Java 1.7.0_45

Aka Java SE7

So that might have something to do with it.

Authors Note: I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but I decided to give the fix a go with the new version, I'm not having an issue and it starts for me as well, if you were following the instructions to the letter I'd recommend you give it a reinstall and another go.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:59:58 PM by Piemanlives »
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

Okim I have to admit I'm really disappointed you've stop work on this mod.

The ships, factions, mechanics and everything about this is great. However I stopped playing after it became abit tedious and the campaign map itself was really bland and basic.

While the battles and factions are really cool the campaign map had no interesting features aside from running around blowing stuff up. (Mining was cool).

Alot of other mods added Spacestation construction, spacestation destroying and actual faction conquering bases etc.

I really expected the Mod to further go into the campaign map and add features like this. I to date have not found a Mod that has peaked my interest in the way yours has. The ships and factions are truely amazing.

Please don't take this as a insult, I just honestly expected to return after 2-3 months and see a few more versions out. It's just upsetting to see you switch focus on the Mod when there's so much more you could do. It almost feels like a shame that the faction, ships and idea behind the Mod isn't complete do to the vanilla mechanics of the Map/Campaign system.

I'd love to see more to this Mod, please continue work on it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2387 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »

I will continue... when Starsector 1.0 is released.

Working in between updates is currently a waste of time as all what is already done in Ironclads will be removed at some point by original code (mining, exploration, trading etc.).

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 21, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »

Think I found out what was wrong. I overlooked the fact that this mod prevents saves from being edited and added the Lazylib (just in case I ever need it). I started a new game (wasn't that far in anyway) and no problems at all so far.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2389 on: January 21, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »

Wel, i hope that the issue is indeed in what you`ve wrote as i can`t track anything wrong that could be causing TimeManager not to run properly.

Just to be sure - you did get that crash at the end of the first day, didn`t you?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2390 on: January 22, 2014, 12:11:21 AM »

Guys, i need your feedback on CR changes that were made in 0.6.2 and how they impact on the Ironclads. I`ve noticed in my test that logistics values are pretty high for 1-3 ships size fleets. I feel that something might need to be changed in the mod regarding this.

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:18 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that your going to put in some work on this mod.... until the game as a whole is fully released. You've definitely laid the ground work for a pretty amazing mod. I echo Darrows point that the only thing missing is some kind of end game goal in campaign. Feels like an unfinished masterpiece. However i totally understand your reasons. Why paint and decorate the house if it's already scheduled to be demolished.

As for CR.... I haven't run into any issues involving logistics. I have 1 point in leadership and 1 in logistics and i'm fielding a 7 ship destroyer fleet no problem. There's definitely a balance there between crew size, Ship type and the ship itself. It's workable and doable. I've had no issues and i think simplifying it more would take away from the whole customization and finding the right balance for you fleet concept.

~bank

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2392 on: January 22, 2014, 04:33:23 AM »

I actually thought that current logistics is a bit too easy to handle. And 7 DE fleet is something that indicates that its indeed so.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 22, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »

Yeah, CR is definitely balanced.... differently in this mod. That said, it's not horribly unbalanced. It makes the early game easier as far as gathering a fleet together, but it has almost no effect late game. Late game you're lucky to be able to add a destroyer and a fighter squadron with a level up. As far as the early game... I almost think it works to balance the increased difficulty that this mod has. It can be very hard to start out, and not having to worry about hitting a super-low logistics ceiling takes a bit of the pressure off.

Just my two cents, though.

MVR
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »

I'd feel like an initial logistics rating of ~15 would be better than 20. That said, I also feel like you have to sink far too much into logistics skills to expand past the starting threshold.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 22, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »

Yeah, even with 10 points in logistics, I've never been able to make a truly late game fleet. Maybe a level 10 logistics perk that makes everything (ships/crew) 80-70 percent of the normal cost? Or doubling the amount of logistics points per level?

MVR

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 22, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »

A late game fleet.... i'm not even sure what that is.

Lets actually define some of this stuff.  My 7 destroyer fleet are 5 special R&D alien destroyers and 2 UIN drone destroyers running on a little above skeleton crew requirement. That pushes 27 logistics which sits right under the 28 I get with 1 point in leadership and 1 point in logistics. That fleet equiped right has been able to pwn every everything in the game without loses except the Alien mothership fleet. To me that's an end game fleet. Challenging, which is why i'm using it, but owns 95% of everything in the game.

Now if your talking about fielding 5 capitals at full crew compilation as your end game fleet.... then yeah. Logistics isn't enough. Everyone plays alittle different. I like the small tight crew up against incredible odds scenario.... so my fleets are always small with minimum crew compliment. Makes the game interesting.

If anything i would say tie crew compliment into CR more. Right now there is no negative to flying around with a bare minimum crew... so i never stretch my logistics except to have more ships. If my CR was affect more by that... Like say a full crew compliment mean full CR possible based on rank.... then i might only be flying 3 destroyers and logistics would have more value. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:31:55 PM by Bankoleva »

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:05 PM »

By R&D alien destroyers you mean the ones you get by trading alien tech to the factions right?

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 22, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »

By R&D alien destroyers you mean the ones you get by trading alien tech to the factions right?

Yeah. 3 from the RSF and 2 from ISA research stations.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 22, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »

The whole crew compliment into CR thing is more of something that needs to happen in the game itself, not just the mod.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 281