Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645758 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads Total Conversion, version 6.6.2 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #2310 on: December 27, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »

It's not so much an issue with the mod as an issue with big mods in general. Large mods means more loaded up into memory. Saves then also need to be loaded into memory and that shoots your mem usage through the roof. Old 32bit systems or laptops otherwise not designed for playing games (less than 4GB RAM) will have issues loading a save after playing it a few times because it will be enormous. This is greatly exaggerated in a mod like Ironclads with so many ships AND so many systems.

LiquidStang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 27, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »

I always found a way through the easy exchange, in charge as much cargo as you can stand without being overloaded to one side and go straight to the sale, and resume. Because the economy does not change stations and buy and sell unlimited amounts, you multiply your money with each excursion. Eventually move to a small cargo, then a medium, usually the time that I have two areas I've worked enough money to have a lineship likely, a light aircraft carrier and some support and light aircraft combat.

Remember that you get a ship in combat rights when you join the military, if you object, simply grind up 50,000 credit to enlist in the army and take as your first flagship.
David

Starsector is challenging, but what's more challenging is dealing with people who encourage you to try real hard.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 27, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »

Hi Okim! Got a crash report for you:

Code
3624682 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.runDaily(TimeManager.java:55)
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.doIntervalChecks(TimeManager.java:211)
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:203)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had been playing a game beforehand, then quit and started a new one. Started with the UIN, took trader, navigation, and the extra freighter. A few seconds in this happened.

LiquidStang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi Okim! Got a crash report for you:

Code
3624682 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.runDaily(TimeManager.java:55)
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.doIntervalChecks(TimeManager.java:211)
at data.scripts.world.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:203)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had been playing a game beforehand, then quit and started a new one. Started with the UIN, took trader, navigation, and thera freighter. A few seconds in this happened.

Try reloading the game. Then check if it's still there. If it is Okim will help even further.

David
David

Starsector is challenging, but what's more challenging is dealing with people who encourage you to try real hard.

Bob McBobbyton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »

I cant get the mod to work. I download it and it shows up as a video file. help please!
*warning lights* Arcturus Fleet Inbound *warning lights*

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: January 11, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »

What's the extension on the file you downloaded?
The file should be named 'ironclads6.6.2.rar'

My guess is that you don't have an archiver installed that recognizes .rar files and VLC (or other media player) is trying to open it instead. If so, try extracting the files with 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: January 11, 2014, 01:58:36 PM »

Hi, everyone. I've been playing this mod for a while, and when I went to load my game this morning, it gave me a memory dump error. I followed the instructions posted for 64 bit systems, and now the game won't load at all. It won't even bring up the pre-game menu. There's almost no response to the click at all, even when I run it as an administrator. I should also note that I have used the latest version of Java, not version 6.

Thanks!

P.S. My system is fully capable, 16 GB RAM, 3 GB memory card, i7 processor

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2317 on: January 11, 2014, 11:33:28 PM »

Version 6 is required to run the game. At least it works well in my case.

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: January 12, 2014, 09:32:25 AM »

Hi, everyone. I've been playing this mod for a while, and when I went to load my game this morning, it gave me a memory dump error. I followed the instructions posted for 64 bit systems, and now the game won't load at all. It won't even bring up the pre-game menu. There's almost no response to the click at all, even when I run it as an administrator. I should also note that I have used the latest version of Java, not version 6.

Thanks!

Hey Max,

I just got the game myself a week ago and been enjoying this mod too. I was actually knocking my head against the wall yesterday with the exact same problem when I stumbled on the the solution after reading your post. Figured as a fellow newb and non modder I'd share my solution.

I noticed that I had a different or perhaps newer version of Java when I was following the instructions for the 64x systems. Guessing the game works with Java6 only but not 7.  Despite following the directions and download the right file, it seemed that Java6 can't overwrite Java7. Or there is something 7 adds that causing the problem. So I deleted Java from my comp and made sure that when following the instructions that it was a fresh install. Been playing problem free for 10 hours since.

My comp BTW is a 7 year old core duo on vista with 4gb's. So if my comp got fixed yours should be no problem. Hope that helps

~Bank

P.S. Okim this mod is awesome.... keep up the good work.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2319 on: January 12, 2014, 11:41:10 AM »

1. Thanks for kind words :)

2. After installing Java 6 64x package go to its folder and find there JRE folder. Copy it.

3. Go to Star Sector folder and remove its JRE folder. Paste what you have copied.

4. adjust vmparams file.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: January 12, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

Thanks!

Hey Max,

I just got the game myself a week ago and been enjoying this mod too. I was actually knocking my head against the wall yesterday with the exact same problem when I stumbled on the the solution after reading your post. Figured as a fellow newb and non modder I'd share my solution.

I noticed that I had a different or perhaps newer version of Java when I was following the instructions for the 64x systems. Guessing the game works with Java6 only but not 7.  Despite following the directions and download the right file, it seemed that Java6 can't overwrite Java7. Or there is something 7 adds that causing the problem. So I deleted Java from my comp and made sure that when following the instructions that it was a fresh install. Been playing problem free for 10 hours since.

My comp BTW is a 7 year old core duo on vista with 4gb's. So if my comp got fixed yours should be no problem. Hope that helps

~Bank

P.S. Okim this mod is awesome.... keep up the good work.

Well, that did it! Thanks a lot for the help.

Okim:

On a side note, this mod is extremely awesome. However, in my time playing, I've found ships with the Fortress Shield ship system to hugely overpowered. With the Finland destroyer, I can take on and defeat almost any other ship in one on one combat, including Battleships. I think it has to do with the fact there's no delay on being able to fire weapons once it's off, and when you flip it off, all weapons that have a charge up start charging and don't stop, even if you put the fortress shield back up. With particle pulse cannons and a 60 lber duel siege gun, I can fire a salvo at basically no cost to flux, even if I'm under a constant stream of fire, by double tapping F to turn them off for just a split second. Surprisingly, the AI is pretty good at it, too. To be honest, I enjoy the overpowered-ness of it, it makes it really fun for direct control. I just thought I'd mention it as a balance-ish issue.

There's also a single bug (I'm assuming) that I've noticed and been irritated by while playing. When under AI control, though they try to avoid them to a limited degree, will not put up shields to avoid taking damage from asteroids until AFTER they've collided with one. This has had some pretty bad implications, like my only frigate wing man early on crashing head first into a large asteroid and dealing hull damage to himself.

Anyway, those tiny things aside, it's been so much fun to play. I ran into and managed to defeat the alien mothership once, which was awesome, and was wondering if it is capturable.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 12, 2014, 08:20:26 PM »

There's also a single bug (I'm assuming) that I've noticed and been irritated by while playing. When under AI control, though they try to avoid them to a limited degree, will not put up shields to avoid taking damage from asteroids until AFTER they've collided with one. This has had some pretty bad implications, like my only frigate wing man early on crashing head first into a large asteroid and dealing hull damage to himself.

I believe that's an engine issue, not something to do with the mod. I seem to recall there's an avoidance issue that's set to be fixed for the next release as well, though I think it's for exploding capitals, not ramming junk.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Max1045

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: January 12, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

I believe that's an engine issue, not something to do with the mod. I seem to recall there's an avoidance issue that's set to be fixed for the next release as well, though I think it's for exploding capitals, not ramming junk.

Normally, I'd think that too. However, when I was playing vanilla, it never happened. Even if the ship was going forward and an asteroid was drifting in from the side on a collision course, the ships will put up omni shields to prevent the impact.

Bankoleva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 13, 2014, 05:11:09 AM »

I've noticed that too. Though i found more humore than annoying since the asteroids barely does any damage to the ships too big to move out of the asteroids path.

While we're talking about collision concerns however, there's is something that I've noticed that far more dangerous. When entering into battle, if you're bringing a large force in, the game will bulk large ships (destroyers +) in the center of deployment 1 in front the other. The ship in front stops it's afterburn intro sequence but the ship behind is still on and boom.... there's a rear end fenderbender. On more than 1 occasion this has lead to my cruisers loosing all armor at the impact site and at least 1/3 hull before I can correct in some way. Literally starting the battle off with 2 weakened almost crippled cruisers. I haven't seen this happen with the AI, there seems to be no collision possibility with fighters, and i'm fully aware this may be an engine problem and not the mod. I essentially just started doing mid battle deployments of my big ships to avoid this.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #2324 on: January 13, 2014, 05:21:15 AM »

Asteroid collision is not a mod-related issue, but the increased mass of all ships (and thus increased collision damage) may be the reason why such situations bring your attention so often. Surely asteroids do hit the ship the same amount of time in vanilla, but the damage received is so small, that you don`t pay attention to it (and AI normally does not either).
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 281