Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645620 times)

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.21a (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1890 on: October 11, 2013, 10:24:23 PM »

Just finished a nightmare of a week to find yet another Ironclads mod release!?!111
Come on Okim play cricket dude;

22 hours of lectures and tutorial time +
18 hours acquiring/outfitting a society homebase +
14 hours lab work/evidence collection +

// Work = 17:30 -06:00 Fri/Sat ¬ *Closed early (now)
Work 21:00 - 06:00 Sat/Sun

Sleeping sometime before the 20% grade app/math/theo exam at 09:00 Monday morning seems like a better idea

###Edit:

I'm not hating btw Okim, I'm just tired and your mod is one of the only things I play these days;-  Thanks btw :)

###Edit2:

get some ******* sleep!

^^ This :D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:28:21 PM by Gabriel_Braun »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.21a (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1891 on: October 11, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

Mod is out. Archive is here.

Changelog file here.

I`m out for the whole day, so you are on your own regarding bugs and explanations. I tried to make dialogue options as detailed as possible, should not be a problem in finding out what does what.

P.S. Hackmaster is not yet operational. It and many other new items can be found at pirate bases (as well as military-grade weapons and some ships, btw).

Icons for new items use a single picture for now.

EDITED:

Updated OP with the majority of Ironclads options. Will get some pics there and update screenshots in a day or two.

Have a pleasant weekend, guys.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:48:34 PM by Okim »

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.3 (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1892 on: October 12, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »

There is no man i love more for putting such dedication and work into his mod

There is also no man i hate more for putting so much love and dedication into his mod.

ill take you update okim.

Gabriel_Braun

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 12, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »

Still unable to sleep so was doing research and reading forums and facebook until:

There is also no man i hate more for putting so much love and dedication into his mod.

ill take you on a date okim.

It's either lack of sleep or too much flash reading...   Probably both

My post is invalid  ::)

Railgun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 12, 2013, 03:53:23 AM »

Okim, you make absolutely fantastic mods; SotS's ACM was amazing and so is this.

I have a small question, though: once I enlist in the UIN military... what are my 'natural' targets? Aliens and Pirates are rare (or at least, too small and fast for my cruisers) and I can't find anything for my new battle fleet to fight :p.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: October 12, 2013, 06:23:53 AM »

Oy! And I just finished updating VNS to your mod and you whip out a new version.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu >:(

*reads changelog*
Seems like very few imporant (for me) files are actually changed.
YAY! :D

Oh..the Tortoise is nice. And the option change is great.

Supernova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 12, 2013, 08:03:42 AM »

Love the mod, for what I can play of it. I cannot get the saving to work right and whenever I play a game I cant stop because if I do then I wont be able to go back to it since loading a file will bring up an error message. If I could maybe get help with the vmparams that would be nice, I found the file outside of the Starsector-core file and changed the 512's to 1024's then placed it in the core file and nothing has changed. Im sad that I cant play this mod for more than 20 minutes because of how awesome it looks.

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: October 12, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »

Love the mod, for what I can play of it. I cannot get the saving to work right and whenever I play a game I cant stop because if I do then I wont be able to go back to it since loading a file will bring up an error message. If I could maybe get help with the vmparams that would be nice, I found the file outside of the Starsector-core file and changed the 512's to 1024's then placed it in the core file and nothing has changed. Im sad that I cant play this mod for more than 20 minutes because of how awesome it looks.

Leave the file in the \Starsector folder. Just edit it there to 1024 and save.
Done this and works fine.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

noob_i_am

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 12, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »

Is there any star system where all of the factions are present? Like in "vanilla" Starsector (pirates, the others and the others all in one)? Because im looking for fast cash oportunity because i hate the trading shuttle or whatever it is. Was hoping for something better, like it was in Sproginator's LP (dynamic action)...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1899 on: October 12, 2013, 10:58:29 AM »

Sorry for that. I actually meant 'root' folder, but for some reason wrote 'core'. Leave the file where it is now. Make sure that editing it didn`t give it .txt or other extension. It must be as it is now - just vmparams.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1900 on: October 12, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »

Is there any star system where all of the factions are present? Like in "vanilla" Starsector (pirates, the others and the others all in one)? Because im looking for fast cash oportunity because i hate the trading shuttle or whatever it is. Was hoping for something better, like it was in Sproginator's LP (dynamic action)...

Start as UIN and pick a 'hired a mercenary ship' option as the last choice of player creation dialogue.

The ship you`ll have will be better than the starting shuttle and will make it possible for you to take out pirates or become a pirate yourself. It has a shield and some better weapon choices.

XLE merc option gives you a crazy fast gunship with a powerful medium ball weapon. Quite a good ship that can easily take out RSF pirates, for example.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1901 on: October 12, 2013, 11:07:23 AM »

Okim, you make absolutely fantastic mods; SotS's ACM was amazing and so is this.

I have a small question, though: once I enlist in the UIN military... what are my 'natural' targets? Aliens and Pirates are rare (or at least, too small and fast for my cruisers) and I can't find anything for my new battle fleet to fight :p.

Natural enemies for UIN are indeed just pirates and Aliens. But you can freely go out for hunting Rock Flies in Rexx or AI in Loner. Both can be a challenge. There are powerful Marauders in Midline who are the strongest pirate faction in the mod.

You can always change your military career by joining any other neutral faction. I usually go for UIN and then switch to ISA. This makes me an enemy to RSF and grants an ability to fight them and their civilians without punishment. After that a change to XLE military allows me to later join RSF and fight against ISA :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:08:54 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1902 on: October 12, 2013, 11:12:02 AM »

The most challenging path it joining the pirates, but you can always get neutral to civilians by paying some money at security stations.

Picking this path will permanently disable military career for you as there is no way to get neutral with military (only joining other military can reset your relationships).

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 12, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

Still unable to sleep so was doing research and reading forums and facebook until:

ill take you on a date okim.

It's either lack of sleep or too much flash reading...   Probably both

My post is invalid  ::)

That was beautiful, and 100% intentional.

Railgun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 12, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »

What's the point of blastguns? For 9 ordnance point, they're weaker than quite a few light ballistics...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 281