Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645464 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.21a (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1845 on: October 09, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »

Thanks. I`m trying to do my best to make everything balanced. Though my vies of balance always was a bit different from those who play my mods :)

I`ll update the OP once i finish 6.3 (next update). Indeed it requires a total rehaul...

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

DAAAAAAAAAAYUM Okim.
You've been busy! ;)

I guess I should get of my lazy ass and update my mod.

Frosty939

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 09, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »

It was a couple pages ago, but thanks for the responses lol

And i forgot to say it in my other post, this is a great mod :D

darkova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:47 PM »

do you have any plans to introduce faction specific tugs or do those not really fit in with ironclads?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1849 on: October 09, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »

Yes. As wells as rigs. There is quite a lot of ships that await to be added to Ironclads actually.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: October 09, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »

well, ill try to lurk on the thread to see who posts questions about difficulty and station trading, wrecks, or mining. Ill point them in the right direction with the posts I've saved and your explanation's because there seems to be....a lot of people confused.

should lighten the load

at least until 6.3. I know youll make the OP nice and pretty with the new ships you've added recently =P.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:27:19 PM by zeno0010 »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1851 on: October 09, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

I... want... to... have... some... rest...

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1852 on: October 09, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »

Ok.

Finished a new mining system based on interaction dialogs. Its simple as hell, but effective.

Surveying the asteroid field. I`m using asteroid fields level rather than asteroids level for my mining script. This way i can store less data in saved games and reduce the need to visually remember the exact asteroid you have visited previously. So - DATA FOR ASTEROID RICHNESS IS SAVED PER SYSTEM.

http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/scr1.png

Initially we have a simple check if we have already surveyed this system`s asteroid field. YES - goto mining options, NO - pick up a survey option. There are two types of survey - using (consuming) an expensive Mineral Scanner or sending out survey teams. First provides the best values per mineral type. Second give mediocre results often ending up with very-close-to-0 chances of exotic minerals.

http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/scr3.png

Mining. I used my Mineral Scanner here and good pretty good results for common and rare resources. Exotic are extremely rare ocasion in this asteroid field (but may become more available the more miners i bring to the party). The new mining screen show some approximate values per type of mineral. All you need to know is that ABUNDANT means a value of 1 +- 0.25. This is good for mining as the new formula looks like this:  asteroid_richness*mining_efficiency*25 - Math.random()*25. So if you have a 0 for the type of the mineral - you`ll never get it from these asteroids.

There are two options for conducting mining operations. One standard that uses all basic values for mining and consumes exact amounts of supplies listed in ship`s description. It also has a 10% hit on combat readiness.

The second one is conducted at tripple rates. Basically it just tripples the first part of the formula making it easier to break the -25*random barrier. It eats additional 50% of supplies and reduces CR by 30%. But the most important part of this operation is its ability to trigger an incident:

http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/scr4.png

In my case i got a serious CR hit to one of my random ships in the fleet. It is the least dangerous incident currently available.

As you can see on the screen - i`ve mined quite a bunch of common ores and got some rares too. The bottom text displays my current cargo capacity, mining efficiency (Scrapper mod.2 has just 0.9 ME) and CR rating. I can afford another such overharvesting operation, but i decided to go on standard procedures.

http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/scr5.png

As you can see standard mining operations are not that profitable for a single low-ME miner. My crew is Regular and thus i have neither penalties nor bonuses to mining efficiency. However they are safe and will become profitable the more miners/better crew i get.

On the last screen i`m showing the exact amounts of minerals mined and a pic of the Mineral Scanner. I`ve consumed just ~90 supplies to get that amount of minerals (2 standard for 25 and one overharvesting for 37). Its a profit, especially if i bring it to ISA Orbital factory...

http://www.lordsofthestars.com/other/scr6.png

I will experiment a bit more with the values so that 1 ship mining would be profitable even without mineral scanner. Eventually i`ll add mining skills to controll ME, supply consumption, survey results and visibility of these results.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:53:56 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1853 on: October 09, 2013, 04:52:22 PM »

Found a typo in code that didn`t remove proper amount of supplies for overharvesting procedures :)

And i forgot to add - each mining operation reduces asteroid field richness by a very small amount. Overharvesting tripples that amount, so be careful about using it frequently - it may dry up the field quickly.

And another thing. The scr5 pic shows a tooltip about crew requiring some rest. Its a check for fleets CR rating that disables any operations if you don`t have enough CR for them.

I tried to make mining a bit dangerous in pirate inhabbited space, so after 3-4 mining operations you`ll have to recover your CR and this may lead to loosing your fleet to pirates :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:57:21 PM by Okim »

darkova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 09, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »

so do asteroid fields replenish with time? (new asteroids ending up in the field current ones collecting particles etc)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 09, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

quoting OP...

WARNING! For proper work of this mod you need to set save compression to TRUE in data/configs/settings file. Save file that this mod generates otherwise may become corrupted due to it`s size.

WARNING!You should also change all '512' values to '1024' in vmparams file located in Starsector core folder (use any text editor to open it), otherwise you may still encounter problems with savegames.

Now, WHAT FILEIS THAT?!?!?! What is it on linux?

EDIT: Figured it out, didn't know what it was, so, begun to look around the files, and edited the Starsector.sh script, it worked! So, to anyone who runs Linux it's the Starsector.sh you change this:
Code
 /native/linux -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath 
To this!
Code
/native/linux -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -classpath
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:52:56 AM by Azmond »

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 09, 2013, 06:18:41 PM »

okim man.....get some rest. You should make a deadline or something so you dont overwook. like an update a month not a week......unless its game breaking and doesn't have a work around, which at the moment isn't dire. Should get you more time to update in large quantities of content and playtest to have some fun with your own mod.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1857 on: October 09, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »

so do asteroid fields replenish with time? (new asteroids ending up in the field current ones collecting particles etc)

No, but they don`t lose that much per each mining operation.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1858 on: October 09, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »

quoting OP...

WARNING! For proper work of this mod you need to set save compression to TRUE in data/configs/settings file. Save file that this mod generates otherwise may become corrupted due to it`s size.

WARNING!You should also change all '512' values to '1024' in vmparams file located in Starsector core folder (use any text editor to open it), otherwise you may still encounter problems with savegames.

Now, WHAT FILEIS THAT?!?!?! What is it on linux?

If the game`s structure is so different for Linux - you shoul ask Alex about where to look for the files.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1859 on: October 10, 2013, 06:35:47 AM »

Testing a new expansion to fleet interaction dialogues.

It allows a player to scan other fleet`s cargo, demand/buy/ask for tribute/fuel/supply your enemies/neutrals/friends and conceal your fleet`s withdrawal with a Comm Scrambler device. Request/buy systems has a random amount of attempts (0-5), while demanding tribute can be done only once. Current demand check is pretty simple and is based on fleet size comparison.

Plans are also to make it possible to trade with other fleets and to demand surrender of his ships or cargo.

I`m also will be trying to make Comm Scrambler prevent players from getting relationship impact in case of total destruction of the other fleet (no run-aways to tell the story).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:38:45 AM by Okim »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 281