Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645785 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.21a (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1800 on: October 07, 2013, 11:30:37 PM »

A small WARNING!

Don`t click on 'browse special offers' if you are not friends with station`s owner and have more than 20000 credits. This will result in a crash (that is finally nailed down in dev version).

I`ve just lost my entire game where i had joined RSF, salvaged almost all wrecks, reactivated all RSF/XLE abandoned stations, earned about 1.5 million credits, scavenged a Greece CR in Laswis, lots of RSF DEs here and there, destroyed a Rock Fly, about 7 AI Protector and Pacifier fleets (yeah, large huge AI fleets) and Alien abductors... All this is now gone due to that nasty crash :(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:35:32 PM by Okim »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 07, 2013, 11:41:41 PM »

Did it corrupt your save? Because I can't be the only one that F5's before a fight, after a fight, after undocking, etc :D
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 07, 2013, 11:43:46 PM »

HEHEHAHA!!! Allright, it WORKS! So, i'll have to remeber that more often then not... @~@;
Anyway! The mod works and I get the crappy music back, bleah, it's monotonous after a while... =3=;
I think i can just as easily move one music mod into this without problem, it's just moving the music.Json files i think... Right?
and by the GODS, this thread is active! O ~o;

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1803 on: October 07, 2013, 11:50:55 PM »

i dont know if this has been covered before but i think its a lil silly that my cap ships frequently die to fighters not with wepons but by getting them to ram me and my sheilds after i mow them down i think something about this damage should be lowered

Its intended.

Fighters are huge projectiles full of fuel and explosive ammo moving fast in space. If it`s husk kicks you - than it should be a serious kick - not just a glancing one. Its a fire-ship of some sorts :)

The problem is that after core 0.6a all fighters leave a husk after them. I find it pretty cool as i now have to not only kick out the fighter, but also to dispose or evade its husk.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 07, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »

A small WARNING!

Don`t click on 'browse special offers' if you are not friends with station`s owner and have more than 20000 credits. This will result in a crash (that is finally nailed down in dev version).

Don't suppose you can upload a small .rar update to say, MediaFire or Dropbox, with only the altered *.java/*.jar files included (ideally preserving the folder structure intact)?

Or hell, just post the file names and the necessary lines for the less-clueless end-users to alter accordingly (unless it has to be pre-compiled)?

Honestly, downloading the full freaking ~60 MB archive every time an incremental series of mainly-code-only update(s) are made is... excessive.

The most recent 2-3 updates do not indicate significant changes to the 'graphics' and 'sounds' folders (going by a quick check of the CRC32 checksums thereof), so unless including new/changes to ships/weapons, uploading 'data' + 'jar' folder(s)-only updates would be prudent.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1805 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:29 PM »

Ok then. From now on we have a 1 full update per 1-2 weeks schedule.

These updates were unusual to Ironclads as i actually never upload broken and untested stuff. This 6.0 Ironclads release resulted in a mass of game-breaking issues needed to be addressed fast - that`s why you had to download everything again and again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:56:53 PM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1806 on: October 07, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »

Did it corrupt your save? Because I can't be the only one that F5's before a fight, after a fight, after undocking, etc :D

I`m one of those who always forget to save...

That`s why i now have to go back few month in the game. Or simply start a new one and test other options.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 08, 2013, 12:18:29 AM »

Okim, I personally, find the music that comes in game a little repeditive, so I added some code from a mod that enables me to introduce music from another mod, with your permission, may I post it here for anyone who cares to change the muisc? If not people can still do it on their own, but, for those that want to do it, they could go the thread here. :P

It wasn't much of anything really, but, I ask out of... nativity, I'm not that bright on fourms sometimes.

edit: Basically, I just took some code settings, put the files in the right spots an bam, was wondering if I could post that or let you post itanywhere, I don't care either which way and i'm shutting up now~!!! @~@ and going to bed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:22:08 AM by Azmond »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1808 on: October 08, 2013, 12:45:10 AM »

You actually can try to make an utility mod out of it. A music mod that adds nothing else. Utility means that any type of mod will be able to use it - be it a total conversion or a vanilla-based mod.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:20 AM »

destroyed a Rock Fly, about 7 AI Protector and Pacifier fleets (yeah, large huge AI fleets) and Alien abductors

Where do you find the Rock Fly and those AI fleets? All I ever see are AI Scouts.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1810 on: October 08, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »

Check the hyperspace map from time to time. You`ll notice bright purple fleets of AI and brownish Rock Flies.

AI are currently represented just by scouts.

warponeyz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 08, 2013, 07:27:03 AM »

i dont know if this has been covered before but i think its a lil silly that my cap ships frequently die to fighters not with wepons but by getting them to ram me and my sheilds after i mow them down i think something about this damage should be lowered

Its intended.

Fighters are huge projectiles full of fuel and explosive ammo moving fast in space. If it`s husk kicks you - than it should be a serious kick - not just a glancing one. Its a fire-ship of some sorts :)

The problem is that after core 0.6a all fighters leave a husk after them. I find it pretty cool as i now have to not only kick out the fighter, but also to dispose or evade its husk.

umm well i mean it makes sense but those fighters do more damage then some heavy missiles and when u fight swarms of them from like pirate fleets and what not i lose some ai ships from it quickly and iv gotta be super care like i think its a good idea that it does decent damage i just think something that size should not hurt that much or at the very least it should take more to overload my shield on a capital ship

P.S. not trying to *** just trying to help

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 08, 2013, 08:01:33 AM »

Yup, renamed to IroncladsAdder.java and MiningShip.java and it loads okay now.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1813 on: October 08, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »

Ironclads` own Reapers...

Looks like a challenge. I've already beaten several defense fleets as well as the mothership and rock fly, so this should be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 281