Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645531 times)

Jeff

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 6.21a (0.6.1a)
« Reply #1785 on: October 07, 2013, 01:22:46 PM »

Having changed all the settings recommended in the OP, I still get this error just as the initial loading progress bar is finishing up:
Code
49974 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.super$1@526aeaaa"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:180)
at org.codehaus.janino.IClassLoader.loadIClass(IClassLoader.java:158)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:199)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/ISA/Grant.java, Line 18, Column 7: Imported class "data.scripts.world.IroncladsAdder" could not be loaded
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:9403)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:256)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$0(UnitCompiler.java:240)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitSingleTypeImportDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:230)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$CompilationUnit$SingleTypeImportDeclaration.accept(Java.java:170)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.<init>(UnitCompiler.java:228)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:154)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.loadFullyQualifiedClass(UnitCompiler.java:9121)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.import2(UnitCompiler.java:254)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$1.visitSingleTypeImportDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:230)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$CompilationUnit$SingleTypeImportDeclaration.accept(Java.java:170)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:154)
... 7 more

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1786 on: October 07, 2013, 01:48:33 PM »

It seems that your archive was corrupted. Redownload the archive, remove any previous versions of mod and reinstall it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1787 on: October 07, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »

As a quick 'fix' for the low-weapon issue you can manually adjust the quantity value in the IroncladsAdded script (data/scripts/world). Its in the top of the file and consists of a random generator and a value (currently 1) that is always added to it. Play around these values as you see fit, but note that any changes will take effect only on newly spawned fleets. This means that you need to save your game, restart Sector and reload the game.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 07, 2013, 08:29:37 PM »

The UIN Peacemaker frigate seems to have an extraordinary ability to vent flux - it has 200 dissipation stock.

Actually, all of the UIN ships have silly high dissipation:

600 capacity/ 200 dissipation on frigates
2500 capacity/500 dissipation on DE (2k/500 on drone de)
6000/900 germany cruiser
12000/900 greece cruiser
9000/1200 on the UK.

actually, flux values on a lot of these ships seem messed up. typical rsf is 10:1 ratio on flux/dissipation, which seems about right across all of their hulls. typical XLE seems to be 20:1.. actually, all of these conventions go straight out the window when looking at non-RSF ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1789 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:55 PM »

What are you trying to say? That UIN are high-tech? Yes they are. As well as ISA.

Both factions rely on their shields, flux capacity and vents.

Look at deployment points of Kursk and France and their other stats. Kursk is sturdy as hell and does not require large cap/vents - its main guns are ballistic. France has to turn broadside toward its targets to unleash its full firepower - it needs powerful shields to protect its huge profile in this case. UIN energy weapons as well as ball are quite flux demanding.

XLE get good capacitors, but are forced to use thier ship`s speed to break off for venting. Otherwise they will quickly become overloaded and nailed down.

ISA have the worst hull/armour in the mod. But their ships have better weapon choices and weapons themselves are deadlier. They must use their shields, fighters and missiles to play good.

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »

Thanks for putting the Mod in .Rar format Okim.

So this might be stupid to ask.. But is there a tutorial or something? I feel like im doing something wrong... I've tried out all the faction starter ships and every single one of them I'm getting destroyed early game in.

I've tried going after civilian traders and freighters on their own and even they kick my ass. I've managed to outrange one or two however it's not easy. Even after that I don't gain alot and I get attacked by another larger group elsewhere.

So whats the deal.. Is there something I'm missing here.. because 8 new games and I'm still getting stomped without even changing ships once?

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 07, 2013, 10:20:13 PM »

Hey yo okim, love ya work. just wanted to point out that the great dragon description is the basilisks, and vice versa  :D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:22:23 PM by zeno0010 »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

I need a little help here, I've allready downloaded the mod, three times! Trying to get it to work, i've uninstalled, reinstalled, removed, Ironclads- a great mod by the way!  xD Very fun -but, i seem to constantly get the following error, similiar to the one at the top of the thread page currently.

Code
texture with id [graphics/ships/pir1-f-harpoon.png]
50604 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 226.62 MB of texture data so far
50605 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/pir1-f-harpoon.png (using cast)
50714 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.super$1@53abbb"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:180)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:199)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File data/scripts/world/ISA/Grant.java, Line 18, Column 7: Imported class "data.scripts.world.IroncladsAdder" could not be loaded
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.loadFullyQualifiedClass(UnitCompiler.java:9121)
... 7 more

I run linux, so maybe the file isn't named correctly? In the mena time i'll try an fix that if it's the case... But, checking things it doesn't seem to be... > , <;

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 07, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »

So whats the deal.. Is there something I'm missing here.. because 8 new games and I'm still getting stomped without even changing ships once?

Just do some in-system trading by ferrying weapon components between a shipyard and security station. Once you have a decent amount of money (~10k or so) buy a freighter and do some inter-system trading. Once you do that money will start rolling in real fast and you can join a military to get access to good combat ships and go from there.

For my RSF game I found the triangle of Gagarin's>Vega>Stalevar to be a pretty decent trade route, though there's probably better out there.

BTW Okim, could you post the sector map in the OP?

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 07, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

Just do some in-system trading by ferrying weapon components between a shipyard and security station. Once you have a decent amount of money (~10k or so) buy a freighter and do some inter-system trading. Once you do that money will start rolling in real fast and you can join a military to get access to good combat ships and go from there.

For my RSF game I found the triangle of Gagarin's>Vega>Stalevar to be a pretty decent trade route, though there's probably better out there.

BTW Okim, could you post the sector map in the OP?

I honestly wasnt even aware there was a actual trading mechanic in this game.. Mind explaining this abit more? Do i just buy the electronics and send them off to another station? How exactly do I know prior to buying the components which station will buy the stuff for more?

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 07, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »

What are you trying to say? That UIN are high-tech? Yes they are. As well as ISA.

Both factions rely on their shields, flux capacity and vents.
[more stuff]
I think all I am trying to say is that there used to be pretty specific ratios for flux and dissipation, and they seem to have straight up gone away. I was just wondering if that was by design that those ships dont really follow a ratio at all.

warponeyz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:53 PM »

i dont know if this has been covered before but i think its a lil silly that my cap ships frequently die to fighters not with wepons but by getting them to ram me and my sheilds after i mow them down i think something about this damage should be lowered

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 07, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »

I need a little help here, I've allready downloaded the mod, three times! Trying to get it to work, i've uninstalled, reinstalled, removed, Ironclads- a great mod by the way!  xD Very fun -but, i seem to constantly get the following error, similiar to the one at the top of the thread page currently.

Spoiler
Code
texture with id [graphics/ships/pir1-f-harpoon.png]
50604 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 226.62 MB of texture data so far
50605 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/pir1-f-harpoon.png (using cast)
50714 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.super$1@53abbb"
... 2 more
... 7 more
[close]
I run linux, so maybe the file isn't named correctly? In the mena time i'll try an fix that if it's the case... But, checking things it doesn't seem to be... > , <;

File extension on that file (and MiningShip.Java) have an uppercase 'J''s. Does it work if you change that to a lowercase 'j'?

EDIT:
Having changed all the settings recommended in the OP, I still get this error just as the initial loading progress bar is finishing up:
Spoiler
Code
49974 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.SectorGen]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.super$1@526aeaaa"
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 2 more
... 7 more
[close]

Jeff, this is potentially your issue too (I assume your playing on MacOSX or *nix?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:55:52 PM by Zaphide »

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »

I honestly wasnt even aware there was a actual trading mechanic in this game.. Mind explaining this abit more? Do i just buy the electronics and send them off to another station? How exactly do I know prior to buying the components which station will buy the stuff for more?

The game does not (yet) have trade, Ironclads does. You dock at a station and one of the options is 'buy trade items' or some such. There you can see the wares the station buys and sells and to what prices. Then you pick the dialog option to buy 10/5/1 tons of whatever ware you fancy and it enters your cargo hold. Just ferry it over to a station that buys these wares and sell them through the dialog menu (not the buy supplies menu). It's kinda tedious at first but it is pretty much the only way to get started at the moment since the starting ship is worthless and fuel kinda expensive so combat isn't really an option until you join the military.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1799 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »

So, big 'J' is probably standing behind these crashes... Fixed that one.

About trading - there are some tips in the OP in the Campaign description. There is also some mining tips (that will quite soon become absolute). I`ll add a map to the OP with proper legend (where-whats).

Starting ship is actually a quite powerful ship. Put a kinetic autocannon on it - and you are a already an upstart pirate! There are plenty of light freighters running unescorted here and there and your starting shuttle is faster than they. Just don`t pick fleets of the faction that you`ve picked - they are your only friends out there (and give you a 10% discount on their trading resources!).

I`ve added a new choice for the player creation system that allows you to pick an additional gunship or freighter or some cargo or a sum of money or an ASN card or just get extra affinity and skill point. This should make it easier for players to find their place in the Sector :)

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 281