Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645526 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.2 (0.54.1)
« Reply #1650 on: September 30, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »

Found the problem. Fixing it now.

For some unknown reason a method that i`m using to check for station type (if station.getName == "type") works only for the initial game creation. It does not work with loaded games for reasons unknown.

Had to make this check more complex and it seems to be working for now (even for old saves).

Have no idea why the game crashes on special menu with 30000, but apparenty for the same reasons.

Fixed version will be available in few days and will probably be save compatible (re-enabling all the lost options in your games).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:28:56 AM by Okim »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1651 on: October 01, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »

Fixed issue where an AI-controlled fleet would engage and then immediately retreat without deploying anything

Would occur when the only available ships were freighters, most visible with the Pirate Plunder Fleet and other convoys
    Fix is twofold:
        Mothballed ships don't count against the maximum fleet size that can try to escape
        If the number of freighters is so large that it exceeds the maximum escape deployment battle size, some freighters will be deployed for battle
Taken from 0.6.1a changelog (in-dev).

I believe that this is what`s causing pirates to not deploy against shuttles in Ironclads. At least it seems to be related.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 01, 2013, 02:55:43 AM »

For some unknown reason a method that i`m using to check for station type (if station.getName == "type") works only for the initial game creation. It does not work with loaded games for reasons unknown.

Are you actually using ==, or .equals()? For Strings (and anything else that's not a primitive type) == only checks if the reference is the same (in other words if both sides refer to the same object in memory), whereas .equals() checks contents and is what you should use for comparing Strings.

Strings also have an .equalsIgnoreCase() method that will return true for things like "abanDoNed oRBitAL StATiOn".equalsIgnoreCase("Abandoned Orbital Station"), if you don't want to worry about getting the capitalization exact.

One minor thing, when using equals() you should get into the habit of always placing the value you know is not null on the left (ex: if ("type".equals(station.getName())). This avoids a null pointer exception if station.getName() returns null.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1653 on: October 01, 2013, 03:10:32 AM »

Thanks, Lazy. My skills in coding are limited and i didn`t actually know about equals. Surely will be helpful in the future.

I`m currently using .getFullName().toUpperCase().contains("part_of_station_name_in_caps") to check for station type. Works well for me.

BTW, Lazy - is it possible to advance game time in dialogs? Say - force a single day to pass in the whole sector with all its supply consumption and fleet movements/battles after hitting one of the options.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:13:20 AM by Okim »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 01, 2013, 03:30:34 AM »

BTW, Lazy - is it possible to advance game time in dialogs? Say - force a single day to pass in the whole sector with all its supply consumption and fleet movements/battles after hitting one of the options.

It's not possible, unfortunately.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1655 on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:35 AM »

Yeah, as i thought. That`s a pity actually.

dreamixpl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 01, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »

I want to report a bug. After starting new game, trade system (low-tech, minerals...) are normal, but when loading the same (or another) game, I can't buy or sell any goods. I tryed this with exiting game, loading older save (when in game). Disappearing items in resource trade network happens only after loading.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1657 on: October 01, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »

Thanks.

Already reported mutliple times and already fixed (in dev).

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 01, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

Thanks, Lazy. My skills in coding are limited and i didn`t actually know about equals. Surely will be helpful in the future.

Sounds like you never had any programming lessons but just taught stuff to yourself.
You do know that this just makes your work even more impressive, right? :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1659 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

Well, all this stuff happend thanks to Alex with his awesome javadoc and active support in forums, Darloth with his great JAR tutorial and Uomoz for his exapmles of custom interactions with stations.

And whoever made InteliJ IDEA program surely knew what they were doing :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1660 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »

Guys there is an issue with wrecks and one-time visits to pirate stations where you are asked to chose either cargo or docking bay.

Currently 0.6 does not support an ability to disable the bottom menu, so once you chose to salvage cargo in wrecks you can actually visit everything on it including refit screen. That is not intended, but can`t be avoided by any current means possible, so play fair ;)

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 01, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »

Hi!

I just tried the new version of the mod and i came across some "little" bugs:

I did some trade runs until i hit 100k Cr, then i headed to Gianopolis to enlist in the military. I paid 50k and received a frigate but the station dialog remain unchanged...
So I clicked few more times on the "contribute" option and... ended up with 10 bulgaria,  a -500k treasury and still no access to the military outpost!  ;D

In another game i was able to pick an alien ship with some weapon on a wreck station without any special dialog or things to pay (had them for free!!)

I have the feeling that once finished your mod will be the closest of a starsector 1.0, good work!

CookieJarvis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 01, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »

Some guy sed hes played the new version where do i get it?

Vinch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »

Page 109 I believe... But be warned! The release was planed for 0.6.1a so there are some bugs.

Basically its a ninja-update  ;D

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1664 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

Some guy sed hes played the new version where do i get it?

Yeah, a ninja update. A very buggy one i must say.

Due to my lack of java-coding skills i`ve made a couple of simple mistakes that managed to break the whole station interaction system apart.

I`m currently testing the total rehaul of all station interaction dialogs that were introduced. So far no problems with disappearing options on save game load. It still needs some more testing to ensure that at least 50% of available options are working normal.

I`ll release a new version in a couple of days (with new ships for XLE and UIN, new art for resources and new conversion options for ISA, UIN and XLE).
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 281