Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 281

Author Topic: Project Ironclads TC (28 of April, 2017) Source files for the mod  (Read 1645467 times)

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Project Ironclads, version 5.2 (0.54.1)
« Reply #1635 on: September 29, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »

um just a little bug report with the version available for download

while save skumming the resources on all the stations disappeared.

no crash so far but shuttles are really crappy and it takes forever to start having fun with the mod

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1636 on: September 29, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »

Trading menu - currently you can buy resources at a fixed quantity. 10 for the majority, 5 for high-tech components and 1 for exotic materials.

If you have no available credits/number*price_per_unit - you`ll get no options in the menu.
I`ll make all the options visible, but greyed out with tooltip explanation what is needed, but that a ton of extra code lines and will take a lot of time to do.

Sliders don`t work well with numerous buy/sell options and require a hell lot of time and code to make, so they wont be used. At least for now.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1637 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:52 PM »

no crash so far but shuttles are really crappy and it takes forever to start having fun with the mod

What do you mean by disappeared? No trading options?

If you mean that normal stations lose whatever resources you sell to them via 'buy/sell cargo' - its intended. Resources are removed each time you visit the station (new version will have a 'sort' command in the code that makes station`s cargo defragmented after that truncation procedure).

If by some chance an abandoned station or storage facility lose their resources - it might be a bug.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 30, 2013, 12:59:05 AM »

No, the dialog menus just have no content. None of them it seems.

The trade menus never list anything for sale (over multiple stars). They never list anything for purchase. They dont mention anything about upgrading ships.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1639 on: September 30, 2013, 01:08:09 AM »

Can you make some screen shots? I have no such problem on my side - only if i don`t have enough credits i can`t see the options for buying stuff. Sell options are always in there.

If a resource that you have in your cargo is listed in 'This Station buys' text block - it must appear as a sell option. In other cases station is not interested in your stuff, but you can sell it for its base price via standard cargo buy/sell menu.

Upgrade options are currently available only for RSF and only for Messenger shuttle. If you are friends with RSF navy - you`ll get some extra upgrade options (this is not tested as well as joining military).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1640 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:44 AM »

RSF start.

Get to Stalevar and buy some low-tech parts that you can bring to Gagarin`s Heritage either to Ship Yard or Security Station. There (at Ship Yard) you can get industrial components or weapon components. The first is required at Vega mining Facility - the second - at any Military Outpost.

If you wish to make easy money - you can start transporting weapon components in Gagarin`s Heritage system from Ship Yard to Security Station.

XLE Start.
Go to Procyon and stuff as much rare and common ores as you can. Unlocking extended cargo bays may help a lot here. Bring those to Uomoz system and buy there low-tech components or high-tech components if you can allow them. Haul them to Wyvern`s Lair or unload at Procyon Military Facility. Try to pick the shortest route possible as XLE ships burn out fuel at extreme rates (though they are the fastest travellers out there).

For an easy run you can transport low-tech components from Orbital Factory to Security Station in Uomoz system.

UIN Start.

The same as everywhere else. Haul minerals from Solarian to Achiles, pick there low-tech components and bring them to Gianopolis, buy there industrial equipment and bring it back to Solarian.

Easy money are available at Achiles where you can quickly get some credits for transporting low-tech components from Orbital Factory to Security Station.

ISA Start.

The same strategy involving Darloth, Pax, Argus systems. The lowest prices for exotic minerals makes it possible to start trading them from Darloth to Grant or Centauri military outposts for some profit.

Easy run is currently not available.

---

Get some runs to increase your funds. Once you have a sum of at least 5000 cr - you can start international trade or buy a simple gunship with which to hunt down the freighters.

If you wish to fight the pirates - you`ll need some more combat-capable ships. Note that pirates always have some loot, so shooting down at least half of their fleet and forcing them to run - is already a significant salvage to pick through after fight (some may even contain rare weapons and expensive resources like valuables or exotic minerals).

NOTE! These are the best international trading routes knowing of which may break the immersion and fun of the mod!

Spoiler
Best buying price for Low-tech components is at Stalevar Orbital Factory. Gianopolis Ship Yard (UIN) will pay the best price for them.
Best buying price for High-tech components is at Achiles Orbital Factory. Move these to Wyvern`s Lair Ship Yard (XLE) for maximum profit. Procyon sells the cheapest common and rare resources. ISA will pay a lot for common minerals at Pax system while UIN will give you the best price for rare minerals at Achiles Orbital Factory.
Exotic minerals have the best buying price at Darloth Mining Facility. Procyon Military Station (XLE) gives the best price for them.
Industrial Components are highly valued by Vega Mining Facility and have the lowest price at Argus Ship Yard.
Weapon Components can be bought for the best price at Gagarin`s Heritage Ship Yard and brought to Procyon Military Outpost for the maximum profit.
[close]

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1641 on: September 30, 2013, 01:58:16 AM »

Once you can allow at least 25 crew members - you can start exploring station wrecks in unclaimed systems. This will grant you some low-tech and high-tech components at a price of several crew casualties. Crew experience and your command skills will reduce the casualties and field repairing skills will ensure the larger loot.

75 crew members will grant you an ability to access wrecks` cargo or docking bay, but at a higher casualty rates. Wrecks usually contain some DE-sized ship and lots of weapons. In some cases - datacores that will grant you an ability to joing any military forces you wish.

If you have good computer skills - you can hack Automated Supply Depot and start sucking fuel out of it for profit. Note that there is a chance that you`ll be disconnected from this endless money source (by a random chance).

Computer/repair skills will allow you to reactivate abandoned stations at lower costs than usual. These always contain cargo and ships that you can pick for free. Station can be used for storing cargo and ships for free (and as an insurance in case of being wiped out in combat). You can empty the station and take its Control Chip to reactivate another station for its loot.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 30, 2013, 01:59:29 AM »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3569927/screenshot002.png

Thats what im getting for basically every menu, everywhere.
edit; is 'blocked' supposed to be a thing? I have three of them. (0 ton data chips I got from station wrecks that cost me nothing to search)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:18:22 AM by Lancefighter »

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 30, 2013, 03:46:41 AM »

edit; is 'blocked' supposed to be a thing? I have three of them. (0 ton data chips I got from station wrecks that cost me nothing to search)

I do have the same issue as well. Is it because of a outdated LazyLib perhaps?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1644 on: September 30, 2013, 03:47:09 AM »

1. nothing-to-cost-for-search wreck is abnormal. Well, unless you have all veteran/elite crew and marines.
2. 'blocked' is a current flag-based item used to control whether or not a wreck was explored. The fact that you somehow got them - is unusual. This will be eventually replaced by flag in save game per station once i get time for it.

I wonder what did come wrong if you managed to get 3 of them... Did you get them all from a single station or a couple of them? And how exactly did you get them? Via cargo salvage or somehow after two other options?

In any case this item has nothing to do with anything except for wrecks, abandoned stations and supply depots. So i see no reason why you get empty trade menus.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1645 on: September 30, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »

I do have the same issue as well. Is it because of a outdated LazyLib perhaps?

No, Lazy Lib has nothing to do with dialogs. It is used for mining only (and will be replaced eventually by the asteroid interaction dialogs).

Do you also get 'blocked' items in station`s inventory?

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 30, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »

Do you also get 'blocked' items in station`s inventory?

Indeed I do. Reloading a game removes all trade dialogue from stations, and I can see a "Blocked" item in Station Wrecks.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #1647 on: September 30, 2013, 04:47:36 AM »

That`s odd. I see no apparent reason for this to happen in my code. I keep checking it, but can`t reproduce.

Perhaps there might be a memory issue due to the sizes of save games Ironclads produce, but i doubt it.

NoImageAvailable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 30, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »

I also have the reload issue. Furthermore, while testing I found out that reloading in the ISA starting option displaces the background.

[attachment deleted by admin]

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 30, 2013, 06:13:39 AM »

Hey it's Okim with another awesome mod!

I am also having this problem

No, the dialog menus just have no content. None of them it seems.

The trade menus never list anything for sale (over multiple stars). They never list anything for purchase. They dont mention anything about upgrading ships.

After being crashed out after clicking "Special Offer" with more than 30K, I reloaded the previous save. Most of the dialogue-based interactions is gone. Abandoned stations can be used for free, military stations no longer allowed elisting, and trade options don't appear any more.

Also fighting the AI scout results in a crash
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:48:30 AM by goduranus »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 281