Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Drone Ships  (Read 6817 times)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Drone Ships
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »

I've been a fan of ships using drones as the primary offensive weapon since homeworld hehe, it's a neat system, and offers a nice alternative to all the people who've been asking for 'let fighters take off from carriers' etc.

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »

Hey Thaago, I absolutely love this ship. Would you be willing to let me use it in my mod with some slight tweaks for balance? If you agree, naturally you would be fully credited for this excellent design! Thanks :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

Sure, go for it! Better it be used than it sit around as a loner. If someday I restart my strawberry mod I might fold this in as well, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »

You could make a custom drone, cut the number in half, and have each of the custom drones launch another. One set of PD and one set of assault.
Edit: The PD drones should probably be the ones launched by the Corona itself I think, you won't have direct control over the second batch that launches so keeping them in point defense positions might be a bit more tedious.

Thats not a good idea actually. If a parent drone is killed - its chield (children of their children etc.) die too.
Tried this once and liked the resulting multi-drone rings. But abandoned the idea as it was rather stupid to lose an assault drone and all other drones spawned by it and its children.

Currently i`m still using this system in my mothersip, but parent drones are large weapons platforms with shields and good armor.
Pages: 1 [2]