Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2226681 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread (please read the rules before posting)
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »

Not so breakable anymore  ::)
Spoiler
[close]

bridge might even fit better than that small one did, don't know. not really good enough to paint by hand to fill the hole back there, but i think it looks good anyway =I

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »

Wow, that looks really good. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »

I dont know the middle still looks awkward ,although a lot better than before.
maybe add some armor behind the bridge?
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

Not so breakable anymore  ::)
Spoiler
[close]

bridge might even fit better than that small one did, don't know. not really good enough to paint by hand to fill the hole back there, but i think it looks good anyway =I

agree with above that the middle joint looks fragile...
Spoiler
the bridge / large bridge does not help, it's the left and right part did not connect in a solid way.

imagine the right hull take some clock wise force in Y plane and left hull take some anti clock wise force, the center joint is obvious where the ship will break.

but this design can be valid if the ship has low armor rating and HP, with strong shield instead :)
[close]
Fleet construction in progress.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »

I share the same opinion, it did improved having a bigger "bridge"

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »

It really did didn't it? Now it should be complete, had no idea what to fill the hole with, so i put an engine there. always solves it. kinda gives you a sportscar feeling seeing the engine in the rear window.. but on a spaceship and no window <-- "made so sense"
Spoiler
[close]

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »

It really did didn't it? Now it should be complete, had no idea what to fill the hole with, so i put an engine there. always solves it. kinda gives you a sportscar feeling seeing the engine in the rear window.. but on a spaceship and no window <-- "made so sense"
Spoiler
[close]
now that's cool 8)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »

now my boring Point Defence Heavy Frigate...

Was intentionally make no extra details, just armored plate and nothing else but seems at this small size even armored plate is too detail, especially the front.

actual size
Spoiler
[close]

larger size
Spoiler
[close]

perspective, compare to the previous Cruiser class size. Was intended to make a 1/3 size of the cruiser but end up 1/2 in game...anyway.
Spoiler
[close]

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Hmm that ship, looks... awfully familiar,

@maximilianyuen
I can't help but ask, for all those ships, do you just use extrube / protusions on the hull for those greebles? just wondering :P

Welp, I'm torn on this ship i've made a while back, on one hand, it looks ugly in stretched form, but I want it to be a capital freighter ( might have to make another)
Which to choose,
Spoiler

[close]
The 2nd one is a lazy attempt at enlarging the ship so it's basically a crappy mirror.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »

How can it look familiar to anything, well im sure many people have used the paragon as a base,  ::)  what ship does it resemble?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

Sure everyone prob tore up a paragon, but yours is remarkably, familiar, ah here it is :O

the wyvera, the front is eerily similar, but i'm just saying :)
Spoiler
[close]

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 27, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »

Mmm, i am using the front of Wyvera, i have the entire ship, asked avan for permissions and got it. its a really good ship to use parts from, they fit everywhere.

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

@maximilianyuen
I can't help but ask, for all those ships, do you just use extrube / protusions on the hull for those greebles? just wondering :P

Welp, I'm torn on this ship i've made a while back, on one hand, it looks ugly in stretched form, but I want it to be a capital freighter ( might have to make another)
Which to choose,
Spoiler

[close]
The 2nd one is a lazy attempt at enlarging the ship so it's basically a crappy mirror.

i use....greeble  ;D
great little plugin to add details with out the need hand made every part of the ship...
of course it never goes where you want and have to flip the normal, move the vertex and so:)

your ship remind me the vertical landing ship delivery the prisoners  ::)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »

After all the learning of those stupid coding finally something is presentable :)

coding and debugging is killing me...but now it's pretty much the way i want, so please comment on the look and feel. Balance is considered but not important.

maybe i should open a new post instead since it's a bit off topic...but anyway ;D

Battle start at 0:40

Custom Burn Drive at 0:50 as shown in 2 additional engine trails at rear.

Main Weapon is flak shot. Capable of wearing down shield , but usually have to get within enemy weapon range to do so.
1:07 is Torpedo + guided floating mine, high explosive. pretty useless again shield but effective against armored plate. not good at homing, ideal for slow capital ship or disabled enemy only. the MIRV mine feature allow this to be used as hindering when fleeing tactically

1:45 run to rescue a friendly ship overwhelmed by missiles, and this is why the Burndrive is chosen as ship system

any how this frigate alone won't be able to take down most of the capital ship since it's unable to penetrate their shield. but guess it's a bit over powered as it is capable of winning a destroyer usually.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:04 AM »

Its a heavy frigate, meaning a step down or just as strong as a normal destroyer, nothing overpowered there. same as a pocket cruiser and heavy cruiser, same power but different classes.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 482