Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 93

Author Topic: [0.96a] Console Commands v2023.05.05  (Read 1535584 times)

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Console Commands v2021.04.10
« Reply #1050 on: April 30, 2021, 08:49:17 AM »

Literally getting this just so I can delete enemy Doom's since they are far more OP that my own dooms to the point its unfair  :D

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

DrSalty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 01, 2021, 12:49:02 PM »

Literally getting this just so I can delete enemy Doom's since they are far more OP that my own dooms to the point its unfair  :D

I must admit this is the most salty solution to game inexperience I've seen. I understand your trying to have fun but a large part of the fun is watching your ass get handed to you and asking yourself what you could have done better as is real life. Become better at the game this way and be entertained forever, I wouldn't imagine someone insta killing a DS boss as that is literally the point of the game. What you are doing whether you realize or not is ruining the game for yourself.

heh No.

It the situation I was in, I was not going to spend the next few hours just recuperating from a totally BS loss. I'm also not inexperienced, I have been playing for a few years now, its just taken me a while to bother making an account on here.

You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

And Hey I had way more fun annihilating the *** while it couldn't do anything after the 20 tries I had to get it to work without this mod, nothing hollow about that feeling of joy.
I'll play how I like, and if I feel a situation is being dumb and unfair, I'll happily make it unfair with a smile on my face and the "endless enjoyment" as the last guy said continues.

I gained the ability to circumvent the games crap and move on. Also "You didn't grow. You didn't improve. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference." is about as cringe as people with "Live. Laugh. Love." on their walls.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:55:22 PM by DrSalty »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 01, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »

I must admit this is the most salty solution to game inexperience I've seen. I understand your trying to have fun but a large part of the fun is watching your ass get handed to you and asking yourself what you could have done better as is real life. Become better at the game this way and be entertained forever, I wouldn't imagine someone insta killing a DS boss as that is literally the point of the game. What you are doing whether you realize or not is ruining the game for yourself.

heh No.

It the situation I was in, I was not going to spend the next few hours just recuperating from a totally BS loss. I'm also not inexperienced, I have been playing for a few years now, its just taken me a while to bother making an account on here.

Something tells me you got got by that special bounty hunter fleet full of phase ships everyone loves so much and it showed you what true balance is  ;D

Commenting something to stay constructive: Even just low tech ships using low tech fighter LPCs can beat Dooms with some good strategies and focus fire. This game throws adversities at you as a chance to finally rise over them victorious, defeat after defeat until victory is achieved.
Cheating yourself out of a challenge is something you're entitled to do, but it would be comparable to finally buying a car and building a garage back home after a year of grueling work just to go to work using public transport every morning.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:00:31 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

DrSalty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 01, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »

heh No.

Something tells me you got got by that special bounty hunter fleet full of phase ships everyone loves so much and it showed you what true balance is  ;D

Commenting something to stay constructive: Even just low tech ships using low tech fighter LPCs can beat Dooms with some good strategies and focus fire. This game throws adversities at you as a chance to finally rise over them victorious, defeat after defeat until victory is achieved.
Cheating yourself out of a challenge is something you're entitled to do, but it would be comparable to finally buying a car and building a garage back home after a year of grueling work just to go to work using public transport every morning.

XD sadly no it was not that fleet, the major issue was the doom on my side was placing bombs everywhere EXCEPT for behind the enemy, while the enemy doom was placing them sloley behind my ships AND my frigates were also being dumb enough to reverse right into them and get yeeted. :P

I did manage to win without this mod after 20 tries, and on the final try none of my ships even got hurt because the doom decided to run to the other side of the map and not have my frigates ass's. So yeah, im sorry but its CLEARLY AI related.

So yeah this mod, good stuff for when AI be dumb, like my most recent, and aroura class getting almost max flux, I tell it to back off setting a point to retreat too, so it decided "lets full speed charge" in the opposite direction to the vector pointing to the point i set it to go to ... it did not work out for the AI and the result was the majority fo my fleet now backing off from lack of fire power ... I used this mod to fix that fight too.

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 01, 2021, 01:12:07 PM »

How exactly do you find item ID's bc I had to make a new save bc of a mod update and now I lost a lot of progress so I would like to get back to where I was but Idk any item ids

DrSalty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 01, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »

How exactly do you find item ID's bc I had to make a new save bc of a mod update and now I lost a lot of progress so I would like to get back to where I was but Idk any item ids

Ususally its just the item name. So if there is a space say you want an "Alpha Core", you would write "AddItem AlphaCore" in the command line.  :)

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 01, 2021, 01:19:13 PM »

Apparently I was using the add item command instead of the add weapon command so that's why tachyon lance didn't show up lol

Buddah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 01, 2021, 04:40:12 PM »

So is it possible to use the console commands to spawn a Coronal Hypershunt?

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 01, 2021, 09:16:10 PM »

Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

PersistantFlame

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 03, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »

Is there a way to use this mod to re-stablize jump points? If so, what do I enter?

If not, is there a command to spawn a stabilized jump point and remove the "de-stablized jump points condition" from the sector?

I didn't realize that the first gate experiment in the campaign would de-stabilize the points for that system and there's a really good Terran world there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:34:53 PM by PersistantFlame »

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 05, 2021, 03:26:18 AM »

Hello, regarding the ui scaling for the console, it doesn't seem to affecting the part where you'd type in.

The generated text (ie. from a help/list command) is larger as per the ui scaling settings, but the portion at "Enter a command, or 'help' ..." along with the the text I'm typing doesn't seem to change in size no matter what I set the text scale to. Is it possible to adjust this to follow the ui scaling with the rest of the console overlay?

Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 06, 2021, 02:33:50 AM »

Anyone know of commands to remove remnant beacons or other beacons?
I don't know why you care enough to keep asking, but you can try this while docked with the beacon:

Code
runcode SectorEntityToken entity = Global.getSector().getCampaignUI().getCurrentInteractionDialog().getInteractionTarget();
entity.getContainingLocation().removeEntity(entity);

ValentineKovalev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 06, 2021, 04:20:20 AM »

How do I find out one specific blueprint. Can I enter the name of the ship?

Nivri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 06, 2021, 04:23:31 AM »

How do I find out one specific blueprint. Can I enter the name of the ship?

You can use the Addspecial command. Just enter "List ships" first to find the ship you are trying to learn. Then it would be something like "Addspecial ship_bp Wolf"

ValentineKovalev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 06, 2021, 04:53:31 AM »

Thank you
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 93