Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Versions, concerning ShaderLib

Fully support ShaderLib - Mod becomes dependant.
- 5 (71.4%)
Make versions with and without ShaderLib support
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up! - Working DEV  (Read 162320 times)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gedune - Faction mod. V0.9 (Play testers needed!)
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »

Ah!

Now that is something I was sort of working on for V1, as a medium weapon.

Right now, I have a small kinetic weapon that fires a hail of bullets in bursts. This is in fact the weapon the Kyirus uses.

I was going to make. Medium "something" between that and a plasma cannon for a new destroyer, or cruiser. Spoilers!

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

Can you make the 'Hidden' slots into 'Built-In' slots and make it hide the graphic like with the Onslaught?

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

That is pretty much exactly what the Tenzen does... but that might only be in the dev version. checking.

Ah! that's it.

In the dev version I've started to make all built in Gedune weapons part of the actual Hull/.ship file.

For the tenzen, this means when you buy it the disruptors will already be built in. I'm not so sure about what happens after capture though... That'll be a thing for testing.

I'm also considering making the Phase repeaters (might be due a name change soon) sprite part of the dahaki sprite.

I've also been contemplating the idea of a large beam weapon. sort of like a phase beam ramped up to the max, but through Gedune Technowizardry made stable. This might be another weapon used by the upcoming destroyer, depending on how the medium plasmas go.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »

That is pretty much exactly what the Tenzen does... but that might only be in the dev version. checking.

Ah! that's it.

In the dev version I've started to make all built in Gedune weapons part of the actual Hull/.ship file.

For the tenzen, this means when you buy it the disruptors will already be built in. I'm not so sure about what happens after capture though... That'll be a thing for testing.

I'm also considering making the Phase repeaters (might be due a name change soon) sprite part of the dahaki sprite.

I've also been contemplating the idea of a large beam weapon. sort of like a phase beam ramped up to the max, but through Gedune Technowizardry made stable. This might be another weapon used by the upcoming destroyer, depending on how the medium plasmas go.

Built-in weapons survive though captures and repairs, we've seen this with the onslaught.

Just make sure that the Gedune aren't overpowered.  Their cruiser is already pushing the balance really hard.  I'd much rather a faction be too weak than too powerful.

In addition if the Gedune are 'Pirates' then they should be enemy to non-pirate factions.  That means they should be enemy to a lot of the mod fleets along with the player.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

Ah good to know that built in weapons survive.

To begin with, the Gedune hated everybody. But we made them nice for the purpose of testing.

As of v1 they will again be the green dudes from hell.

As for the balance on the Tenzen, I might consider decreasing its shield size to something more like the dahaki, or restore its original omni shield. The flux capacity can definatly be lowered, which will be okay because the plasma will be firing less shots.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »

Oh and as for the Gedune balance, the only real threat to vanilla balance I can see currently is the Tenzen. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

You could always make the new plasma cannon like an explosive auto-pulse.  That might be worth something.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2012, 05:31:10 AM »

Hmm, yeah.

I was trying to balance it out earlier, but nothing I did would seem to balance it and keep it within the concept.

I'll keep at trying to balance it for a while, but if that doesn't work out I'll definatly try changing it completely.

Also, I did try changing the plasma to HE, but that didn't seem to make any discernible difference.

Currently, I've taken the range down a bit, and reduced the damage per shot.

I'm also considering changing the scythe torpedo to a sort of MIRV. What I'm currently musing with is the idea of it splitting in two at 180 degree angles when it reaches the target. This'll effectively reduce the amount of armour damage it does, and will also make it harder to defend from.

The sprite for the reithe may also be getting some love, I'm not so happy with the whole framework look it has at the moment.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2012, 06:58:32 AM »

New reithe Sprite:

It is also no longer a system weapon, and the built in points on the Bakoros are now missile slots.

There may still be a few changes to sprite.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »

Hmm, yeah.

I was trying to balance it out earlier, but nothing I did would seem to balance it and keep it within the concept.

I'll keep at trying to balance it for a while, but if that doesn't work out I'll definatly try changing it completely.

Also, I did try changing the plasma to HE, but that didn't seem to make any discernible difference.

Currently, I've taken the range down a bit, and reduced the damage per shot.

I'm also considering changing the scythe torpedo to a sort of MIRV. What I'm currently musing with is the idea of it splitting in two at 180 degree angles when it reaches the target. This'll effectively reduce the amount of armour damage it does, and will also make it harder to defend from.

The sprite for the reithe may also be getting some love, I'm not so happy with the whole framework look it has at the moment.

I don't see why you don't just take the Auto-Pulse's stats as a basis for the plasma cannon, then just make it explosive with adjusted costs and go from there.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

I've actually just settled on what I think is a good balance, I'll send the new weapon stats to you in a pm.

It now only has two charges by default, and they recharge at 0.55 a second. this is in keeping with it's description and it's concept in that you can save up more than one shot.

I've also ramped up the flux to 900 per shot.

it is still a powerful weapon, but heck, it's supposed to be.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »

Can you update the mod to .54?

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »

is it not working?

that's most peculiar if it isn't, because at my end it's fine. and I've only really changed things to do with ships and weapons... If yours isn't working, i would first suggest re-downloading, and seccond, I'll give you the dev version.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »

is it not working?

that's most peculiar if it isn't, because at my end it's fine. and I've only really changed things to do with ships and weapons... If yours isn't working, i would first suggest re-downloading, and seccond, I'll give you the dev version.

That'd be nice.  I'm redownloading it now.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 01:22:52 AM »

I'm still alive!

I've been quite busy recently with RL work, but I think I've more or less come to the end of a particularly busy time...

Updates on the update:

The Raizu has been scrapped - for now! When I find out what it's supposed to look like, I'll either restart it or carry on from where I left off.

Ghoti has fixed the Gedune station manager, in the previous update it had somehow become disassociated from the Gedune station. So with V1 you'll be able to swap your stuff for their stuff! Eh...

Made the bakoros more durable, and nerfed the kyra drones - much less armour and a lightly longer recharge time in their system. Makes them a bit less of a threat and more of a nuisance, as they should be... We'll have other drones for that... Killing that is.

Started adjusting the fleet makeup, will probably take me a while to find good compositions.

Procrastinated... Ugh.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22