Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Versions, concerning ShaderLib

Fully support ShaderLib - Mod becomes dependant.
- 5 (71.4%)
Make versions with and without ShaderLib support
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - v1.7.2 - Get Up! - Working DEV  (Read 162323 times)

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] The Gedune - Faction mod (V1.4-HotFix)
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2014, 06:53:06 PM »

Yes, good sir, quite nice. A most imposing piece if I might add, a mean blighter indeed. Cad!

I'll stop now :p

Kroma BaSyl

• Ensign
  • Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2014, 10:44:12 AM »

Suddenly a wild Gedune appears!

Spoiler

Gedune uses mean look!
[close]

hmm, looks a lot like one of my Skolean love slave/cabin boys.

PS, love the mod btw.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

Incoming space ship!

Spoiler
[close]

Say hi to the Muramassa, a nippy little weapons platform.

@Kroma

well now... I can't say I ever thought of that! :D

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »

Coming soon to a fleet with you in its sights:

Spoiler
[close]

V1.5 is coming... Soon.

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »

Can you post pictures of the weapon sprites, as well as the faction's weaknesses and strengths?

Kroma BaSyl

• Ensign
  • Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »

I have been playing the latest version of Exerelin and Starsector as Gedune. I am later in the game at lvl 40 but the only Cruiser available for purchase to me or that I have ever seen in a AI fleet is the Lance,  should I be seeing  other cruisers (like the light assault cruisers I saw in your screen shot above or any others)? Do I just need to wait longer? BTW, I have captured or majority control about 5 systems out of 16 with 5 stations in each, I mention this in case there is some kind of econ thing driving it. I do tend to keep all stations on Attack if that matters too.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »

Played this in Exerelin, and the ship that really stood out, as a flagship, is the Dahaki.  This beast has about as much mobility as a Medusa (better top speed, worse agility), the firepower and possible 360 shields of a Sunder, and teleportation.  I thought a Medusa flagship was effective at killing fleets, but the Dahaki takes it up another notch.  Some wrote the Dahaki is fragile, but it is less flimsy than the Medusa or even the Sunder.  The only thing the Medusa is better at than the Dahaki is mounting more (than two) burst PD lasers for better point defense.  Once I acquired a Dahaki, it replaced the Medusa as my flagship.

Also, The one weapon I think is overpowered compared to standard small (and maybe medium) missiles is the Raven missile.  It is a small weapon with fast and long range missiles, has high ammo count (more than small Annihilators), and spread their damage at multiple points on impact such that anything with less than 360 shields takes damage.  I have even replaced medium Annihilators on the Onslaught with these, and used the OP saved elsewhere.  (Caveat:  My opinion of standard missiles is they are rarely worth the OP spent without Missile Specialization 10.)

Another weapon that is very good (for the OP is costs) is the Kinetic REB.  I throw it on every ship that does not need its light energy mounts for Burst PD or Antimatter Blaster.

MW Blaster is a joke.  Spend more OP for a worse blaster than the Heavy Blaster?  No thanks.  I suppose the faction needs to have some rubbish among the gems they have.

Amurka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:52 PM »

Played a game with this mod. Picked up a Tenzen rather early on. It was clearly a good purchase, but has made the game EXTREMELY easy.

It didn't cost that much.
It is the size of a small freighter, yet carries the armament of a ship 3x it's size.
It is TOO FAST, even without the burn drive
It's "Burn Drive" is much faster than the regular burn drive
It's shield power equals that of a ship 3x it's size.

Basically the ship is a Supercapital, in the body of a Destroyer. I can SOLO the biggest fleets of nearly any race, with careful gameplay.

I think the ship should be made much bigger, and about 25% slower, and that should balance things out.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:07 PM »

Gedune ships are supposed to be small amd ferocious. Also, Hyph is working on an update which includes a rebalance.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2014, 07:15:30 AM »

If Gedune ships are supposed to be superior-by-design like the Hyperion, their costs (CR, Logistics, DP, etc.) should be higher to reflect that, if Gedune aims to be vanilla-balanced.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »

Hello, sorry for the lack of replies ;)

Concerning balance; there is a rather large balance update underway, and most of the things mentioned have been, or are being looked at and prodded with a 90 metre pole.

The Tenzen is not going to get any bigger ;) The Green Tank of death is small, and intended to pack one hell of a frontal wallop. I will be looking at reigning it in, and I'll certainly make it known when I've done so, and how I decided to do it.

The Dahaki will certainly have a higher percentage of paper mâché in its hull ;D its teleporter is also being looked at.

With regards cost: Gedune ships will in general be VERY expensive in most ways, from CR to DP and, if possible captuability. I do not intend for Gedune ships to be bought from the Gedune themselves, after all, they hate your human guts! As I'm sure most are aware you can get just about anything from Askonia, and to make up for that, the ships will also cost quite the extortionate amount of credits.

In the future when the drone subfaction is complete, it will be possible to have to ever ambiguous MAI core supply ships and weapons to you - at a price.

Hopefully that covered everything for now! :)

P.S: please excuse any typos I probably made, it's only just turned morning over here!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2014, 06:11:39 AM »

I tried the Tenzen yesterday, and while it is a fearful lightning bruiser, it is harder to avoid taking damage than with the Dahaki.  The Tenzen is sluggish enough that if I make a mistake and see my doom coming, I am sunk.  With the Dahaki, I am more agile than the Tenzen and still carry plenty of firepower to wreck stuff (Tachyon Lance and two Heavy Blasters do bad things to almost everything), and if I unexpectedly see something bad headed my way, I can teleport and escape.  Not so with Tenzen; it cannot always turn quickly enough to Nuclear Burn itself away from danger.

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:19 AM »

Thank you kindly for your input Megas ^_^

One of the things I was considering for the Gedune in general was higher armour and drastically lower hull - To make for ships that switch from domination to being dominated rather quickly.

I had also considered in the case of the Tenzen (and it's prototype, the Tenzin) completely removing the shield in favour of higher armour. In theory I'm not really much a fan of the idea, but it could be interesting in practice.

With regards the Dahaki, I have been messing around with the idea of a much shorter teleportation range; just enough to evade a crippling shot, but not enough to completely remove itself from the area of combat. I've not fully decided on what to do with uses/charges and cost yet. I'm quite attracted to the notion of lots of charges that can be used in quick succession, but that would also make it easier to simply use it to escape - even at high flux cost the Dahaki can vent fast enough for it not to matter.

Moar testing! ;D

Luewen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2014, 09:34:03 AM »

Corvus compatible?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »

I can't say this is getting somewhat annoying, Luewen. :/ OP says that it's 0.6.2a compatible - the current game release.  And the OP always says that there's a station for them (somewhere).
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22