Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.53.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 167913 times)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.53.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »

Alex, are you going to adjust the Elite Onslaught loadout since it goes over the OP cap?  The Outdated variant also is under the cap.  Strike Wolf is over OP too.  Strike Lasher is under.  Balanced and Assault Enforcers are under.

Also I don't know about 15 FP for the Hyperion, a lot of ships are worth more or less than what their actually FP leads to believe, so I don't think that such a large boost is needed (does need a boost of some kind though).

For example Civilian Ships and Combat Converted ships requires about the same FP as dedicated military ships of the same size.  But you haven't really reduced the cost of them to compensate for their massively weaker stats, so I'm not 100% about making the hyperion on 'par' with the best cruisers in terms of FP.  It also screws up my fleet as now as of the update my fleet will be over the 100 FP cap because it costs a cruiser's worth to support.

Also can the Tachyon Lance be made useful again?  Right now it's a hindrance to anything it's put on.

And can the Falcon please get back it's two frontal small energy PDs?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:28:19 PM by JamesRaynor »

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 12:39:36 PM »

The FP cost of the Hyperion seems very fair for me. Think about it, you have a highly energy-oriented (which means ammo's less of a concern, there's a strength right off the bat) ship with a very small profile (harder to hit, enemies waste ammo, another plus for the Hype) that can quite easily dance about even fighters while kicking every other ship class where kicks weren't made to go if you catch my drift. Sure the ship's extremely fragile, but it's very good at avoiding damage, and even has an escape plan if the engines somehow do take a hit to flameout

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »

The FP cost of the Hyperion seems very fair for me. Think about it, you have a highly energy-oriented (which means ammo's less of a concern, there's a strength right off the bat) ship with a very small profile (harder to hit, enemies waste ammo, another plus for the Hype) that can quite easily dance about even fighters while kicking every other ship class where kicks weren't made to go if you catch my drift. Sure the ship's extremely fragile, but it's very good at avoiding damage, and even has an escape plan if the engines somehow do take a hit to flameout
Except now it can only teleport five times before maxing out flux.
Which leads to the following (clears throat):
1. No shields
2. No shields
3. No shields.
4. NO SHIELDS
5. Slow down
6. Easy food for fighters/tempests
7. It's now possible to smartly beat one

Duh oh.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »

• Added "defense id" column to ship_data.csv which can be used to specify the id of the phase cloak system to use, allowing for different types of phase cloaks to be added

Interesting, will there be additional differences between "types" of phase cloaks beyond the flux stuff in ship_data?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »

• Added "defense id" column to ship_data.csv which can be used to specify the id of the phase cloak system to use, allowing for different types of phase cloaks to be added

Interesting, will there be additional differences between "types" of phase cloaks beyond the flux stuff in ship_data?

This is simply in case a mod wants to have another type of phase cloak (as I know at least one does).

Alex, are you going to adjust the Elite Onslaught loadout since it goes over the OP cap?  The Outdated variant also is under the cap.  Strike Wolf is over OP too.  Strike Lasher is under.  Balanced and Assault Enforcers are under.

For the Elite one, it's intentional. For the Outdated one, I think that happened when a weapon OP cost changed - thanks for pointing it out, adjusted.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:03 PM »

So Alex, will the Interdictor Beam be finished in this version?  You never said you removed it from convoys so I was curious.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »

• Added "Front Shield Emitter" that converts omni shields to front while increasing the deployment speed and arc and reducing the upkeep cost
  • Front shields now raise twice as quickly

This... should be really interesting. Question: does the +60 degree mod apply before or after this one (for purposes of the arc increase, if it is multiplicative).
The Aurora was really vulnerable in its engines because of the shield speed before - should be much better now.

• Maneuvering Jets: removed all flux cost, stacks with 0-flux speed boost, added 5 second cooldown (was 0)
Kinda reads like an evolution of the burn drive now - really cool.
  • Phase Teleporter: increased cost to 20% of base flux (up from 10%), reduced cooldown to 0 (down from 3 seconds)
  • Hyperion: increased fleet point cost to 15 (from 8 )
  • Phase Skimmer: reduced charge regeneration to 1 per 10 seconds (down from 1 per 5 seconds)
Interesting... no more catching the Hyperion between teleports! But also a huge increase in the flux cost. Imo this will make the Hyperion even more powerful- but with the FP at 15 I really have no objections. In player hands it is a true beast - a cruiser cost sounds about right.
I kind of wonder at the skimmer reduction - I didn't think it was too bad personally. Well, we'll see how they play :).

• Antimatter Blaster: increased damage to 1200 (from 1000)
Cool. Flux cost increase as well? Then again it does cost 9 OP.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »

Except now it can only teleport five times before maxing out flux.
Which leads to the following (clears throat):
1. No shields
2. No shields
3. No shields.
4. NO SHIELDS
5. Slow down
6. Easy food for fighters/tempests
7. It's now possible to smartly beat one

Duh oh.

And that's why you're smart with it. Every ship has tactics that tear them to shreds. The Hyperion's is teleporting without thinking

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 01:11:34 PM »

So Alex, will the Interdictor Beam be finished in this version?  You never said you removed it from convoys so I was curious.

It's not in the convoys anymore.

This... should be really interesting. Question: does the +60 degree mod apply before or after this one (for purposes of the arc increase, if it is multiplicative).
The Aurora was really vulnerable in its engines because of the shield speed before - should be much better now.

It's not multiplicative. Very few things actually are - if you see a percentage increase, it's almost always applied to the base value. The 50% flux damage boost is one exception, shield-damage-reducing-hullmods are another.

• Antimatter Blaster: increased damage to 1200 (from 1000)
Cool. Flux cost increase as well? Then again it does cost 9 OP.

This is just to balance out the bugfix where it was getting a square of the flux damage boost :) So it's not technically a buff. The AM blaster was hardest-hit by this bugfix because frigates firing it generally almost maxed out flux and benefited from a high flux bonus.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 01:26:21 PM »

Uh question Alex, will ships with the phase teleporter use it better defensively?  I noticed that sometimes they only use it AFTER being hit by a large projectile.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »

That's likely either a mistake on the AI's part - its reaction time is deliberately not perfect - or it didn't have enough flux to use it just then. Could be something else, too - depends on what you mean by "large projectile", and whether the AI has the same perception of that.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »

I have noticed there that you have not fixed the issue with the sound looping and skipping in 0.53a, if you wasn't aware of it/forgot, you can thank me for reminding you ;)

This is simply in case a mod wants to have another type of phase cloak (as I know at least one does).

Is it caelus? :3

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

I have noticed there that you have not fixed the issue with the sound looping and skipping in 0.53a

Btw - some preliminary investigation indicates that there's an issue with those tracks. It's possible to fix it in the game, of course, but in the meantime, you might look into fixing them up yourself. If you play them in VLC, there's weirdness with the time it shows - it frequently skips around by a few seconds. (The info is second hand, as Ivaylo was investigating it, not me - sorry I can't be more clear.)

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »

That's likely either a mistake on the AI's part - its reaction time is deliberately not perfect - or it didn't have enough flux to use it just then. Could be something else, too - depends on what you mean by "large projectile", and whether the AI has the same perception of that.

Well I tried on a larger ship, and it didn't seem to use it until after being hit (But instantly after being hit it ported).

Also another thing, can you figure out why the Onslaught with an Omnishield Emitter and Annihilator rockets keeps pointing shields in the wrong way?

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »

Would stilll have preferred a smaller FP point increase on the hyperion with a cost increase to go along with it, but its alright i guess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23