Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Wiki spam  (Read 2553 times)

Erebos

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Wiki spam
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:28:19 AM »

The amount of spam on the wiki has increased over the last few days. I suggest that a CAPTCHA be added to the user registration form, if this is possible. It may also be necessary to assign a moderator or two to delete spam accounts and posts, depending upon how effectively the spambots can be prevented from registering. If so, I'd be willing to do this; I don't post much, but I do visit the site most days.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki spam
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »

Hmm, thanks for bringing that to my attention (and for offering to help!) Given that there isn't much wiki activity at the moment, and that it's dog slow to begin with, I think it makes sense to mothball it for the time being. We can bring it back when there's more demand for it (i.e., when the game is farther along and really warrants having one), along with faster hosting.

Erebos

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki spam
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »

Fair enough. I haven't contributed a lot yet because I know everything will change before long; this is one reason I've mainly stuck to the weapons section so far, and even that has needed an update already.