Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EMP emitter still working despite ship being disabled  (Read 2397 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
EMP emitter still working despite ship being disabled
« on: August 04, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »

Most notable on a shade. If you use the EMP emitter system but die before it finishes, the EMP emitter will still continue to deal damage until it has normally finished.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: EMP emitter still working despite ship being disabled
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:38:38 AM »

Thanks for the report - fixed. (For all other systems, as well).

Skyjump

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »

actually, for some of the ship systems this might not be so bad. For instance, I blew up a dominator the other day, but not before he managed to turn on his burn drive. It was a pretty amazing sight to see a dead hulk of metal screaming right at me. This is just a suggestion, maybe let a few of them keep working after their ship dies.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

Agreed - at least as long as the ship's hull is still there.  It looks rather neat to see an omen floating off, lightning still sparking off its dead hull.  Of course, this is tempered somewhat by the knowledge that it's my Omen.  But still.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alrenous

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 01:15:14 PM »

Dead ships also continue to overload. While it amuses me, I'm not sure how a breached reactor continues to fry the conduits...

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

actually, for some of the ship systems this might not be so bad. For instance, I blew up a dominator the other day, but not before he managed to turn on his burn drive. It was a pretty amazing sight to see a dead hulk of metal screaming right at me. This is just a suggestion, maybe let a few of them keep working after their ship dies.

I need to see this.

Skyjump

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 06:51:32 AM »

I didn't get a photo, though I probably should have. Anyway I was using the Confederacy of free stars mod so I have this really big OP ship that has a ton of superweapons on autofire, and one of them decided to target the dominator shooting right at me from close range with his burn drive. It was a pretty funny sight.