Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help/Opinions needed on a ship  (Read 3123 times)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Help/Opinions needed on a ship
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »

Well hai thar  ;D

I'm just tinkering with another bashed ship and came to a little balancing dilemma.

For the moment it really is just two ventures stuck on each other with stats that sorta feel like that.

But the issue I have is right now, it feels like a med-high end capital ship, but this may just be because of how the weapons are set up atm.

In simulations in consistently beats conquests and odysseys ( atleast the balanced variant ) which for the fact it has the same op cost bothers me.
But it can't beat the standard onslaught with it's mass of long range kinetics.
A paragon is out of the question.

So here's a list of my issues with this... derp of a ship.

1. It's too small to look like a capital ship ( it is only slightly bigger than a dominator / eagle )
2. But it fights like a serious capital ship
3. It's fighting a bit too well

I can fix one by making the sprite more large, but It'll probably require me to add more weapon slots and etc.

I think the ship has a bit too much OP to use given how little weapons it has.

Idk, it needs some form of nerf, xP

Ideas ? :D

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Help/Opinions needed on a ship
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »

From a first sight I would make a guess that it has too high flux capacity, for that ship weapon slot layout and this arment it would require cca half the flux, but i would raise the vents(without upgrades) to cca 600-750. So that if you put anything like H.M. on it it would still be able to get rid of the flux. And I would give it 180 OP. And so it would be a slightly bigger "cruiser".

(just my two cents) :)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

Isnt 50 vents for capships only?

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

I'd narrow the coverage of the dual flak, and tone down the flux capacity and hull a bit.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »

It's just that this was intended to be in all essence, a civilian capital ship but it just has the look/size of a cruiser as it stands, mmm

I could lower the op and raise the vent...

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »

If its a civilian ship, then you have no need for 1600 armor and 14500 flux cap. Lower those, slash some of the OP and add more cargo space to compensate. Also, reduce the hull (so that it properly matches both the size of the ship and its non military role). Hope that helps, cheers...^^

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »

I think I'mma gonna redo the sprite into a true capital size, because having two similar looking cruisers in the same size bracket just seems off to me, (not including the falcon and eagle  ;D)

In the end it's mostly the effectiveness of the constantly supercharged plasma cannon doing most of the damage.

The armor feels alright considering it's was meant to be an upgrade of the venture, I'm testing out 15000 hitpoints 1500 Armor 13000 max flux

Lowered the op to 220 but bumped base flux venting to 650 ( subject to change with the new sprite, as it'll likely contain more weapons. )

While it's in civilian ownership, it doesn't necessarily mean it can't hold off toe to toe with military grade ships given the soon to be capital-sized ship.