Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Let's play Starfarer [Possibility]  (Read 5032 times)

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Let's play Starfarer [Possibility]
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:43 PM »

So i do let's plays on YouTube and once some more substantial campaign elements are in i plan on doing a LP of this game this is here as a placeholder for myself.

Actual new information here\/

So there is a poll going on, on my channel right now for what game i will do as my next LP when i finish off my current one (starcraft 2) and guess what? Starfarer is on that list so if you want you can go to that video:
now the video itself is 45 minutes long but, if your just going to vote for starfarer guess what? you don't have have to watch the video at all! how great is that? now since i know starfarer isn't 100% done or even remotely that close what i'd be doing for the LP is a start to finish run through of the game as it exists now and adding on to it for any major updates that come out for the campaign. also possibly the missions if i can ever manage to do those period XD.

When i do upload any Starfarer videos there will be links below this post and a short, short description of the video.
By the way all Starfarer videos are available in full screen 1080p HD. For now since the campaign isn't fully ready to go, i may put up awesome battles or fleet compositions or even bug report videos. ( unless starfarer wins the vote for the next game i play then it gets a full LP start to finish.)

Video: Junk Pirates Mod  :
( not my best work at all, i actually do explain the mod in more detail around the 14 minute mark, the quality of this bugs me enough that i'm going to redo this)

Video: Channel update featuring Starfarer combat:
(actual updates are in description bar this is just me engaging a pirate plunder fleet)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:30:17 PM by Doom101 »
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: Let's play Starfarer [placeholder]
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

placeholder post.

Half-full

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:09 AM »

k
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 05:33:35 PM by Half-full »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:46 AM »

Videos Looks Good :), so to have to ask, even though I have someone who did a few videos of ny mod for me, could you do one aswell? Of it in campaign? ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:58:03 AM by Upgradecap »

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »

I really hope you know what not to do, or even at minimum; Where 'LPing' started.

-edit-
P.S. I'm busy at the moment so I cannot actually watch the videos you've posted, but, I will end up posting about them anyways when I do.

while i don't think i could care less what goes on at something awful
i do follow common rules

EX do not do brand new games and such thats just common LP knowledge although some people would do well to remember that.  the reason i would do starfarer is that it has easily been out for more than 3 months. I realize its in ALPHA but it has been released.
and while like i said i couldn't care less about something awful i do have my own guidelines that are adapted from my reason for getting into this whole thing.
one more thing if alex objects which i highly doubt i could easily not go through with it, it is HIS game after all.

@upgradecap your mod is Timcorp yes? i could look into it for sure. is the aphophis mod updated? i can't tell.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:32:34 PM by Doom101 »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »

I really hope you know what not to do, or even at minimum; Where 'LPing' started.

-edit-
P.S. I'm busy at the moment so I cannot actually watch the videos you've posted, but, I will end up posting about them anyways when I do.

while i don't think i could care less what goes on at something awful
i do follow common rules

EX do not do brand new games and such thats just common LP knowledge although some people would do well to remember that.  the reason i would do starfarer is that it has easily been out for more than 3 months. I realize its in ALPHA but it has been released.
and while like i said i couldn't care less about something awful i do have my own guidelines that are adapted from my reason for getting into this whole thing.
one more thing if alex objects which i highly doubt i could easily not go through with it, it is HIS game after all.

@upgradecap your mod is Timcorp yes? i could look into it for sure. is the aphophis mod updated? i can't tell.

Yeah, it's the TimCORP mod, sorry for not replying sooner :D, And aphopis mods (both of them) are updated.

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »

alright upgrade i'll look into it soon. i have a few other things im doing right now and while Starfarer doesn't take long to render the other thing does.

also now technical issues with my computer are cropping up. sigh.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:04:58 PM by Doom101 »

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: Let's play Starfarer [possibility]
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »

Some new actual information regarding an LP of starfarer i added to the main post, under the BOLD text near the top.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:34:04 PM by Doom101 »