Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: !! OUTDATED !! The Thule Legacy  (Read 205253 times)

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Thule Legacy UPDATE DEV 0.1.6a
« Reply #330 on: July 08, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »

That's not supposed to happen, next update will have that fixed.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2013, 03:56:05 AM »

I revamped the Forsser again. This time pretty much.
Made it overall much more dominator-ish, concerning the weapon arcs and overall apperance.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2013, 04:55:30 AM »

Took a look at the weapon AI Hints and noticed most of them had wrong entrys  ??? ???
It's fixed now and lou and behold, the ships are behaving much more aggressive and as intended.

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2013, 05:25:54 AM »

Even more aggressive? Hooo boy.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »

I revamped the Forsser again. This time pretty much.
Made it overall much more dominator-ish, concerning the weapon arcs and overall apperance.

scary...

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2013, 11:05:13 AM »

I have to say i prefer the old Forsser. With its long nose it was quite unique. Also, Thule's legacy needed a broadside cruiser.

However this one is still pretty cool (as all your sprites i must say). I think you should keep that dominator front idea and strap it on another ship. Perhaps on your new ship with the huge engine in the spriters judgement thread?

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »

I did'nt want to ditch the old forsser but the ai could'nt handle it at ALL, and by at all i mean showing the wrong side to the enemy again and again.
I fiddled around with the mount setting, changed almost everything to hardpoint and a very narrow weaponarc of 5°. Nothing did the trick.
In playerhand it was quite fun thou, the komet drive enabling you to swoop in broadside the enemy and win distance one again and again ;)
I pretty sue the old forsser will return. Thanx for the input.

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »

I did'nt want to ditch the old forsser but the ai could'nt handle it at ALL, and by at all i mean showing the wrong side to the enemy again and again.
I fiddled around with the mount setting, changed almost everything to hardpoint and a very narrow weaponarc of 5°. Nothing did the trick.
In playerhand it was quite fun thou, the komet drive enabling you to swoop in broadside the enemy and win distance one again and again ;)
I pretty sue the old forsser will return. Thanx for the input.

its weird, im pretty sure i saw alex say somewhere that hardpoints with very small firing angle were causing problems with the AI

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2013, 12:10:27 PM »

Then i wait for the AI to catch up. There should be plenty of time ;)

Here's the latest DL
http://www.mediafire.com/download/75ia8hst3jeewz2/Thule_Legacy_DEV_0.1.7.zip

Feedback is always welcome.

The Campaignmode is still a pretty rough. There's a fix coming up soon.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Thule Legacy UPDATE DEV 0.1.7
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2013, 01:43:19 PM »

Yeah the AI often have problems with broadsides, have you tried rotating the sprite 45 to 60 degrees from the centre though?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2013, 02:11:51 PM »

Yeah the AI often have problems with broadsides, have you tried rotating the sprite 45 to 60 degrees from the centre though?

Hi Flare, i read your comment very carefully but unfortunatly i dont quite understand what you mean. Could you simplify?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

In trylobot's ship maker you can determine which direction the ship faces and forward thrust is applied. I suggest seeing if you set the forward direction 45 to 60 degrees off centre. Like the front of the medusa being from the centre to one of its left energy slot.

Won't fly straight, and will look like it's continuously strafing, but since the ship is tilted, the AI would be able to utilize its broadsides more easily.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

phyrex

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »

In trylobot's ship maker you can determine which direction the ship faces and forward thrust is applied. I suggest seeing if you set the forward direction 45 to 60 degrees off centre. Like the front of the medusa being from the centre to one of its left energy slot.

Won't fly straight, and will look like it's continuously strafing, but since the ship is tilted, the AI would be able to utilize its broadsides more easily.

sounds like an incredibly ramshackle solution and overall detrimental to the very nature of the ship...

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »

As far as I remember, the broadside logic required nice, wide open turret angles with an obvious focus of the firepower in the direction of the broadside. Shallow hardpoints are harder to bring to bear than the easy-to-aim weaponry on the other side. The Conquest is the only broadside ship, so you'll have to look at it's mounts to see how your own should be laid out.

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: !! OUTDATED !!The Thule Legacy UPDATE DEV 0.1.7
« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2013, 03:04:28 AM »

Plans for Thule Legacy

Design goals
LORE:
"Viking" themed faction. Homeworld far away and not yet fully discovered by any vanilla faction.
Toned the implied amount of political power down as not to break the vanilla lore. "Viking" theme seemed to fit this purpose as to make them
still a continous threat to established factions and due to their nature not able to completly overthrow political systems.
This will mean: Thule Legacy flottillas will be relativly small raiding partys mostly frequenting the edges of the core systems.
Infrequently there will be huge raiding partys invading the coresystem. This will happen when the single leaders (Thane) of the many
TL Klans have voted for a "Highthane" and decide to go on a big raid also called "Wave". This is when almost all TL forces are mobilized and invade
the known sector as a single force. There have been two big waves in the past.
To make TL capable of raiding far way from their home their ships will have quite an insane fuel/efficiency.

SHIPS:
The established round ships will remain, likewise the established grey metal colorscheme.
There will be specificaly colored sections of the ship hulls to represent the different Klans the ships belong to:

I've read somewhere in the forum, someone mentioned the possibility in 0.6 to replace the sprite for ships. This would be a great way to have randomized details for the ships.
There will be a custom enginesound: https://soundcloud.com/invaderoz/thule-engine-oldloop01
There will be ringshaped engines: goal is to make the animation react to changes in velocity, if it is possible to hide
damage effects to the decorative weapon/engines, has yet to be tested.

I will look into the possibility giving TL shields and reducing the amount of armor a bit to balance it out, but high armor values will still be their primary defense. Depending on that Tl will lose their faction specific R.U.N.E hull modification.
My idea was to replace normal crew on TL ships with marines only. If something like this is moddable i don't know.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29