Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0.52a-RC4 = Text brightness change when pausing in combat. *GREMLINS*  (Read 1949 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile

During combat, when you have pressed "R" to get info on an opponent and this text is on-screen, you can see the brightness (or maybe the color) of this text change if you pause the game or when you take a screenshot (I guess this is because taking a screenshot auto-pauses the game for a split second.

Don't know if its a bug.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:17:15 PM by Vandala »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.52a-RC4 = Text brightness change when pausing in combat.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »

I'm guessing it's not actually changed in the screenshot, right? Could just be a hardware property of your display - since while the screenshot is being taken, the screen doesn't get updated at all. (Note that when the game is paused, the screen still gets updated at the full frame rate)

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

I tried making a screenshot of the phenomena but then discovered it happened when you take a screenshot, I still checked the screenshots I took but there is no notable difference between those taken while paused or when you take one without pausing. Which was expected because you notice the difference in-game.

I don't think its a hardware property (not that I would know), because the other elements of the game do not change in brightness. It's purely the text you get with the "R" button that changes.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »

Hmm. Well, that's odd - since I'm not seeing that happen here.

It gets brighter, right? If yes, then it would make sense that it's your display property - on some LCD displays, it can take an appreciable amount of time for a pixel to achieve full brightness. That text tends to be moving around, so it might not have the time. It can be pretty pronounced if you're scrolling around quickly, too.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:36 PM »

You might be right but it really hard to say.

I would expect the green text on my ship (flux/hp) to change in brightness as well but I can't notice a change between it being in motion and standing still, paused or not.

I can't notice anything else on the screen change in brightness other then the red text on my opponent.

But I do notice a little bit of a brightness change when the red text of my opponent moves on screen (while paused). Maybe its just more notable when its a brighter red color?

I dunno, I'm gonna say it's gremlins in my monitor, they are *** with me.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile

i noticed this, i thought it was just the text adjusting to the background color.