Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mouse movement relating to combat screen lock/unlock.  (Read 1268 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Mouse movement relating to combat screen lock/unlock.
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

I've just noticed why the combat screen in the latest version (Starfarer 0.52a-RC4) is annoying me a little bit. Only a little.

If you keep your mouse cursor in place for a little while the screen will lock itself into place. I would guess this was done to get rid of the bit of stutter you would otherwise get, so I am happy that this got solved but..

In order to unlock the screen your cursor needs to move at a high enough speed. You can move your cursor whenever you want as long as you do it slow enough and the screen will not move with you.

I would like to suggest to change this to moving a minimum distance (a rather small minimum distance, maybe 50 pixels?) in order to unlock the screen.

I don't know if there are greater tactical difficulties with the unlock technique I suggest or with the current one. I can't try it either. I just know that it does annoy me a lot of the time, its only a minor inconvenience but it happens all the time.

EDIT: Or maybe lower the movement speed needed to unlock the screen, though it already is rather low.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:29:15 PM by Vandala »