Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question: Colony Fleet Sizes  (Read 292 times)

84Reasons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Question: Colony Fleet Sizes
« on: March 26, 2024, 08:08:52 AM »

What's the max size a colony fleet can be in the percentage given without mods? And can this be adjusted in settings.json or perhaps another file? (I have looked but didn't find anything)

I've done everything to increase my fleet size and they are currently 422%, I've also uncapped colony size to max 10 as I think it makes sense that colonies would keep growing. One of mine is now size 8, and the fleet size bonus in the drop-down went up, however total fleet size didn't. It's the fittest colony I have and all the other fleets are based off it, it should have gone up so I'm wondering if there is a soft cap?

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Colony Fleet Sizes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 09:56:40 AM »

Fleet size is based off the colony's size. No other colony affects it. An extreme heat colony with an alpha core and a cryoarithmetic engine on the military building, max size doctrine, and an alpha core admin should be the max fleet size possible.
I've also uncapped colony size to max 10 as I think it makes sense that colonies would keep growing. One of mine is now size 8, and the fleet size bonus in the drop-down went up, however total fleet size didn't. It's the fittest colony I have and all the other fleets are based off it, it should have gone up so I'm wondering if there is a soft cap?
Does the breakdown list add up to the listed amount?

84Reasons

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 10:11:15 AM »

I'll check if it adds up when I'm next on however I noticed the fleet size didn't go up when the colony went up in size.

My colony fleets are influenced by whichever has the biggest because of interstellar relays on each system

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 12:02:49 PM »

I'll check if it adds up when I'm next on however I noticed the fleet size didn't go up when the colony went up in size.

My colony fleets are influenced by whichever has the biggest because of interstellar relays on each system
Interstellar relays are a mod addition so any rules on fleet size go out the window, sorry.