Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting a Fatal null error crashing the game. Makes it impossible to play.  (Read 131 times)

jrukis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Every time I play at least I am getting this bug and it crashes the game. Hoping this will be patched soon. It almost always happens after a recent fight and then my click on or shortly after clicking on a gate. I have the RC11 patch.
Fatal: null

264033 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
265835 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
265918 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.updateStationIfN eeded(PirateBaseIntel.java:500)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.checkForTierChan ge(PirateBaseIntel.java:626)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel.advanceImpl(PirateBaseIntel.java:589)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseEventManager.advance(BaseEventManager.java:114)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseManager.advance(PirateBaseManager.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
266036 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
266036 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi - sorry about the trouble! This looks like an issue with the save being started in the previous version of the game; unfortunately it's not save-compatible with the previous version. (Generally major releases aren't; I aimed for that with this one but a few issues like this one slipped through.)

jrukis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So how does this remedy? Is there a way to fix it, or am I unable to play as this character going forward? Do I have to start over?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, unfortunately you have to start a new save (or go back to the previous version), sorry that I didn't make that clear.