Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [spoiler] Question about The Usurpers and Ragnar Complex  (Read 546 times)

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[spoiler] Question about The Usurpers and Ragnar Complex
« on: March 23, 2024, 10:14:51 PM »

This concerns the questline "The Usurpers".  See spoiler block, below.

Spoiler
I held a Hegemony commission throughout the entire questline for "The Usurpers".  (To refresh the reader's memory: this is the questline where the player temporarily works for Dolos Macario, the Chief High Inspector of the Sindrian Diktat; a.k.a. "The Spider of Sindria".)

In the final stage of the quest that takes place at the Askonia Fringe Jump Point, the independent fleet that normally would fight the player (if the player doesn't have a Hegemony commission) will instead leave the player alone and, in conversation, hint that the player should visit Ragnar Complex in the Valhalla system.  After I finished The Usurpers, I went to Ragnar Complex and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

What am I missing?

If it's relevant, I am running a bunch of modifications to Starsector, including Nexerelin.  I am NOT using "random sector"; the Core Worlds are generally laid out as in vanilla.  I am NOT using Diktat Enhancement.  I am NOT using Philip Andrada, Gas Station Manager.  Starsector version is 0.97a-RC11
[close]
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [spoiler] Question about The Usurpers and Ragnar Complex
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 05:53:44 AM »

It's a hint at What's Going On and hook for a continuation of more narrative mission(s?) that don't exist yet.

So don't worry, you're not missing anything.

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 10:22:00 AM »

Ah, that clears things up.  Thank you!  :D
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 07:34:32 AM »

Yeah, Usurpers, the Academy questline and the pilgrimage/Jaspis questline all have very heavily-hinted-at Part 2s that are likely to begin to take form in .98 and leading up to 1.0. There's clearly a lot going on in Usurpers, so look forward to updates!