Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to cut a check how much fleets are involving in one battle.  (Read 262 times)

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hope it's simple question.

How to cut a check how much fleets are involving in one battle. But without some ridiculous methods like managing too large fleet.
Normally just 3-4 fleets are involved in one battle, it is possible to increase "battleJoinRange" to involve fleets which are far, and some tricks to increase fleet PTS to involve more fleets, like I made for hunting 10 ordos in one battle. But increasing fleet PTS is not ok because it influence some other thing as well.
I was looking configs a lot to find something relative to it, but with no success.

So, how to cut that check, or increase it, or where it is?

Alex, help, I beg you!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:34:22 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How to cut a check how much fleets are involving in one battle.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 01:14:52 AM »

Still open.
Try to hunt it! ;)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 02:26:23 AM »

How to cut a check how much fleets are involving in one battle. But without some ridiculous methods like managing too large fleet.
Normally just 3-4 fleets are involved in one battle, it is possible to increase "battleJoinRange" to involve fleets which are far, and some tricks to increase fleet PTS to involve more fleets, like I made for hunting 10 ordos in one battle. But increasing fleet PTS is not ok because it influence some other thing as well.
I was looking configs a lot to find something relative to it, but with no success.

Alex, help, I beg you!

hmm... you can just increase the amount of combat ships in your fleet, I am not sure about this but the amount of enemy fleets able to join scales with your combat fleet points(combat DP? not sure) so adding more ships to your fleet allows more enemy fleets to join in on the fight against you. Might include other factors as well like levels but can't be too sure.

I usually notice this when I fight multiple [SUPER REDACTED] fleets with a small fleet it only allows me to fight 1-2 fleets at most but with a bigger fleet I get to fight 3-7 depending if I am carrying 30 ships in my fleet which is the max. So increasing the max amount of ships you can have on your fleet to 60 might double it. As I've said not really sure about this.

In the end your really just scaling up your fleet which may not be to your liking or you can also make your own mod and just cut all existing ships fleet points in half and see if that could even work.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 11:26:03 PM »

Alex, help, I beg you!

hmm... you can just increase the amount of combat ships in your fleet, I am not sure about this but the amount of enemy fleets able to join scales with your combat fleet points(combat DP? not sure) so adding more ships to your fleet allows more enemy fleets to join in on the fight against you. Might include other factors as well like levels but can't be too sure.

I usually notice this when I fight multiple [SUPER REDACTED] fleets with a small fleet it only allows me to fight 1-2 fleets at most but with a bigger fleet I get to fight 3-7 depending if I am carrying 30 ships in my fleet which is the max. So increasing the max amount of ships you can have on your fleet to 60 might double it. As I've said not really sure about this.

In the end your really just scaling up your fleet which may not be to your liking or you can also make your own mod and just cut all existing ships fleet points in half and see if that could even work.
No no no, it is crutch. Seems that just Alex can help and say where it is, or just manage some setting for that. In 0.91 there where involving much fore fleets against same fleet as in 0.97...
Try to hunt it! ;)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 11:45:20 PM »

Best to ask in Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread as alex answers more often there. Just reply your question to that thread an wait for a day or two.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 08:24:48 AM »

Best to ask in Misc modding questions that are too minor to warrant their own thread as alex answers more often there. Just reply your question to that thread an wait for a day or two.
Tnx, I'll try it!
Try to hunt it! ;)