Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Add more rare loot to (red) Nexuses  (Read 337 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Add more rare loot to (red) Nexuses
« on: March 18, 2024, 12:35:14 AM »

Colony items, blueprints, more AI cores, stuff like lhat.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
Re: Add more rare loot to (red) Nexuses
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 02:36:24 AM »

Isn't that what the planets with the extensive ruins conditions are for in such systems?
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 05:29:30 AM »

Seconding this. Currently you are only incentivized to engage a Nexus if it is in a system you want to colonize. Otherwise even a one-time bounty payment is negligible compared to the opportunity cost of removing Remnant spawns as the loot you can gain (AI cores, weapons) is the same Remnant Ordos have, except Ordos spawn infinitely while the Nexus is a one-off.

Isn't that what the planets with the extensive ruins conditions are for in such systems?

Ruins, on the whole, may have some of the loot you want, but with their unreliable nature I doubt many people are going around the sector and colonising every planet with ruins. Also, it's way more time for ruins to even provide their initial payoff.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 05:34:34 AM »

More rare loot is useless since leaving the Nexus alive produces never-ending rare loot in the form of Ordos fleets (that must be killed for loot and xp).  For Nexus to be worth destroying, it has to drop unique loot that cannot be obtained any other way, like a Remnant blueprint set, or at least limited loot like Omega weapons.

Either that or made as a requirement to win the game or to start/finish a mainline quest.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 05:37:04 AM by Megas »

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 10:56:37 AM »

Remnant systems already generally have better systems, meaning better planets and/or more interactables like mining stations.

nathan67003

• Commander
  • Excellent imagination, mediocre implementation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 05:49:51 AM »

I doubt many people are going around the sector and colonising every planet with ruins
;>_>
I have some ideas but can't sprite worth a damn and the ideas imply really involved stuff which I've no clue how to even tackle.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 11:23:50 AM »

I doubt many people are going around the sector and colonising every planet with ruins
;>_>
guess we've been playing the game wrong

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 11:28:42 AM »

I don't colonize EVERY planet with ruins, but in a full playthrough, where I play around in the post-endgame, I absolutely DO colonize all the planets with Vast Ruins, just to make absolutely sure I've gotten ALL the Domain Tech available in a particular run.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 11:34:48 AM »

it'd be cool if Nexuses weren't just a never-ending spawning pool of Remnants and were more like a randomly generated hub for AIs to hang around in, as in like a real faction that you could trade and take missions from. Kinda like Monolith from STALKER, but also not like Monolith in STALKER, cause Monolith was purely non-negotiable in the unmodded game.

I feel like having a third opinion like that on the AI Wars and the ability to acquire Remnant cores in a non-violent solution would be cool. And then general combat related aspects would result from us choosing to fight them in spite of there being a peaceful solution. Making them less mandatory as a gameplay aspect. And more fleshed out as a story one.

But Remnants being negotiable would imply a lot of weird things. Like both Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon appearing somewhat really evil, cause Remnants would choose to make amends with them, if there was such an option. But these factions are simply incompatible with one another. In that Tri-Tachyon would re-enslave the AIs for capital gains and Hegemony is too paranoid to allow for their unchecked existence.

ps. this would also unironically make you pay salary to peacefully acquired AI cores and possibly introduce expeditions in which Remnants would attempt to extract their own from you, Hegemony or Tri-Tachyon, and other factions. You would also be able to see roaming Remnant fleets looking for more intelligence cores to add to their faction. Overall making them a far more living adversary... Or a valuable ally.

but bla bla bla, that's fanfiction, who cares.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 11:48:50 AM by Killer of Fate »

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 12:27:12 PM »

Either that or made as a requirement to win the game or to start/finish a mainline quest.
Or maybe a type of potentially repeatable crisis which could tie into the reason that no-one has managed to create and maintain any kind of permanent (and accessible) outpost outside a small bubble in over two centuries.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024, 02:16:57 PM »

More rare loot is useless since leaving the Nexus alive produces never-ending rare loot in the form of Ordos fleets (that must be killed for loot and xp).  For Nexus to be worth destroying, it has to drop unique loot that cannot be obtained any other way, like a Remnant blueprint set, or at least limited loot like Omega weapons.

You only need one farming system. Every other red system can be cleared.