Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: At the gates quest bug  (Read 337 times)

Aethor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
At the gates quest bug
« on: March 14, 2024, 10:18:08 AM »

Hello everyone
The game keeps pointing me to thule but i already got the credentials, spoke to Daud and have 12 gates scanned (out of 6).
I tried everything, no idea why it got stuck, i'm playing vanilla btw.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: At the gates quest bug
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 10:33:08 AM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! Are you on the latest hotfix, 0.97a-RC11?

Take a look at this post, the solution there *might* help:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28831.msg423881#msg423881

If not, you might also try:
runCode Global.getSector().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set("$gaATG_goTalkToDaud", true);

Aethor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 10:45:57 AM »

hi alex thanks for answering

yes i'm in the newest version, it's a fresh start

sorry but how do i run the command? i can't find a debug menu inside the game do i need a mod or external file for that?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 10:50:07 AM »

So this actually gets a little awkward :) You do need a mod, Console Commands:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.msg432350#msg432350

But it hasn't been updated for 0.97a. But! The linked post has the text edit you need make in one of the mod's files to get it to work for the current game version (even though the poster said it didn't do it for them - they likely did something wrong).

So you'd want to download that mod from the OP of that thread, and also download LazyLib (linked from the OP, required by Console Commands), make the text edit for Console Commands, enable both mods in the game launcher, and then - once you load your save - press Ctrl-Backspace to bring up the console.

Sorry that this is... kind of involved, at this point.

Aethor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 01:05:40 PM »

alright, it's working now
runCode Global.getSector().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set("$gaATG_goTalkToDaud", true); did it, talked to Daud a second time and the quest went smoothly after that

thanks Alex

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 01:21:18 PM »

Awesome, I'm really glad that did it for you!

what am i doing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 12:34:50 AM »

Had this happen in RC11 as well. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact set of interactions I had, and no longer have a save right before, so no useful information for finding out what causes it. Will keep a closer eye on it next play through.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 10:11:24 AM »

Thank you! I think we've got the problem, at least, figured out - the solution is a bit cumbersome and involves redoing some of the mission's under the hood wiring, and haven't done that yet, but it's slated for the next release.

what am i doing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 09:59:19 PM »

Played up to the quest again. It would appear the issue showed up - for me - when I finished the initial dialogue with Baird and, when the objectives showed "talk to Scylla Coureuse" and "get credentials from Horus Yaribay", going directly to Horus Yaribay without talking to Coureuse would cause the "get credentials" objective to be stuck on, even when talking to Coureuse again later. Basically, it seems Coureuse has to be talked to at Galatia prior to talking to Horus Yaribay and getting the credentials.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 07:19:07 AM »

Played up to the quest again. It would appear the issue showed up - for me - when I finished the initial dialogue with Baird and, when the objectives showed "talk to Scylla Coureuse" and "get credentials from Horus Yaribay", going directly to Horus Yaribay without talking to Coureuse would cause the "get credentials" objective to be stuck on, even when talking to Coureuse again later. Basically, it seems Coureuse has to be talked to at Galatia prior to talking to Horus Yaribay and getting the credentials.

100%.

I'm changing this so that the next step of the mission is to simply talk to Coureuse with no option to go fly away and talk to Yaribay- Coureuse is right there, after all.