Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I use technical data to assemble stuff?  (Read 316 times)

Harlot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How do I use technical data to assemble stuff?
« on: March 13, 2024, 07:02:21 PM »

How do I use technical data to assemble stuff? what to do?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How do I use technical data to assemble stuff?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:12 PM »

Are you using the mod Industrial Evolution?  You'll need a planet with heavy industry after using the engineering thingy to destroy a few a copies of the ship you want.  Then you press 'd' for command, go to '5' for custom production and queue up the ship you want.

Harlot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:25:01 PM »

Are you using the mod Industrial Evolution?  You'll need a planet with heavy industry after using the engineering thingy to destroy a few a copies of the ship you want.  Then you press 'd' for command, go to '5' for custom production and queue up the ship you want.

I have no mods, I'm new to the game. Are the mods made by the developers?

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 07:31:40 PM »

Technical data isn't a thing in vanilla so you must be using a mod or miswriting the name. Topographic data maybe? Which can't be used for anything besides selling.

Harlot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 07:36:10 PM »

Technical data isn't a thing in vanilla so you must be using a mod or miswriting the name. Topographic data maybe? Which can't be used for anything besides selling.

I mean this stuff

https://ibb.co/Tt9G6KV

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 07:59:53 PM »

I mean this stuff

https://ibb.co/Tt9G6KV
That's a fighter lpc. You equip them on a carrier similar to a weapon. The slots to do so will be on the left of the ship if it has any fighter bays. Look at gemini, drover, condor, heron, astral, legion, and so on for examples.

Harlot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 08:15:37 PM »

That's a fighter lpc. You equip them on a carrier similar to a weapon. The slots to do so will be on the left of the ship if it has any fighter bays. Look at gemini, drover, condor, heron, astral, legion, and so on for examples.
[/quote]

Thanks

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 08:48:16 PM »

Are the mods made by the developers?

Just wanted to say that they aren't, no. They're made by players, and most of them can be found in the "mods" category of the forum. Devs just stick to making, publishing and bug fixing new game versions.

If you're new to the game though, I'd highly recommand not installing any mods until you have a good grasp of the game, its mechanics, and what you (might) feel is missing to your runs. There's a great number and variety of mods, so it's easy to get overwhelmed when you don't have a good idea of what you want imo.