Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Putting Luddic Majority(upgraded) to good use.  (Read 855 times)

majk

• Commander
    • View Profile
Putting Luddic Majority(upgraded) to good use.
« on: March 09, 2024, 03:38:49 PM »

Thanks to massive colony growth from double luddic majority bonus after clearing church crisis combined with massive accessibility bonus from tri tech and pirates deal you can get size 6 colonies ridiculously fast.

Once that happens disable farming starport and luddoc majority bonus and watch the planet speedrun decivilizing and after that?

Brand new ruins to tech mine! Repeat until you run out of habitable worlds.

Seanchaidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Putting Luddic Majority(upgraded) to good use.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 08:50:05 PM »

what I want to know is can I use the LC crisis repeatedly to populate the sector with a bunch of Luddic Church worlds that will then increase the size of my export market for organics and some other things. Going to see on my next playthrough if I don't find out before then.

Bungee_man

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 10:16:28 PM »

It's kind of strange to see people going out of their way to tech-mine ruins. The payoff is relatively low, and it's faster and easier to just explore the whole sector. Pretty much a guarantee to get enough colony items for a seven figure income, that way.

Regarding Luddic Majority itself, I can't quite tell if it's outright beneficial at max size to make use of it. The income of my planet with +2 farming and +2 light industry (free port) is about the same as it is with standard farming and light industry, plus some organics mining, even without factoring in the upkeep bonus on the other colonies for having organics. It is nice that there's another viable build now, though.

Seanchaidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 11:00:04 PM »

It's kind of strange to see people going out of their way to tech-mine ruins. The payoff is relatively low, and it's faster and easier to just explore the whole sector. Pretty much a guarantee to get enough colony items for a seven figure income, that way.

you can do both, though. i've seen vast ruins give a pristine nanoforge or similar on the first month. and meanwhile i haven't found a single biofactory embryo or catalytic core with ~75% of the sector explored.

Aeson

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 11:07:55 PM »

you can do both, though. i've seen vast ruins give a pristine nanoforge or similar on the first month. and meanwhile i haven't found a single biofactory embryo or catalytic core with ~75% of the sector explored.
Maybe it's been changed since the last time I bothered with Tech Mining, but in my experience Tech Mining's drop rates for anything actually useful are abysmally low. It's all well and good to say you've gotten a pristine nanoforge or whatever out of it in the first month, but I've never once gotten anything actually useful out of it - just loads of more or less worthless commodities and the occasional blueprint I rarely if ever actually use.

As far as I'm concerned, Tech Mining's a waste of an industry slot, and developing a planet up to Size 6 just to decivilize it so you can then Tech Mine it strikes me as an enormous waste of time.

Seanchaidh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 11:19:35 PM »

Maybe it's been changed since the last time I bothered with Tech Mining, but in my experience Tech Mining's drop rates for anything actually useful are abysmally low. It's all well and good to say you've gotten a pristine nanoforge or whatever out of it in the first month, but I've never once gotten anything actually useful out of it - just loads of more or less worthless commodities and the occasional blueprint I rarely if ever actually use.

As far as I'm concerned, Tech Mining's a waste of an industry slot, and developing a planet up to Size 6 just to decivilize it so you can then Tech Mine it strikes me as an enormous waste of time.

after the first month it's not too great, I agree, though it usually yields more value in useful commodities (supplies, fuel) than its maintenance cost until it really starts to run dry, so it's not precisely worthless, just not really worth the industry slot if the priority is making money or producing commodities. i got the pristine nano from tech-mining a vast ruins on 0.97a. I haven't done all that much tech mining, so it's not like that was the result of a whole sector's worth of planet-hopping or anything.