Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Additional dialogue item for the failed Gate test  (Read 159 times)

Ser Jonathan Cena of York

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Additional dialogue item for the failed Gate test
« on: March 09, 2024, 11:58:29 AM »

I did the Galatia Academy quest where Anahita Baird tasks me with trying Coureuse's faulty prototype device on a Gate, thereby causing a massive shockwave damaging my ships. Back at the Galatia Academy, Anahita will scold you over the failure, then talk about how both she and the incoming Hegemony inspector will now pretend they know nothing about what happened.

This part sorely needs a new dialogue option.

To complete this quest, I went to the farthest possible Gate I could find, far away from the core worlds just to be sure. I was at the literal edge of the Persean Sector, which is supposed to be a safe enough distance, tens of lightyears or so away. And yet, back at the Galatia Academy the failed experiment causes problems all the same, as if I did it in a system right next to the core worlds. This makes little sense, and breaks the immersion somewhat.

Ideally there should be version of the follow-up dialogue with Baird, as in: "I see, it was a shitshow, that's really bad, but at least you had enough braincells to do it far away, so this thankfully did not turn into a problem". Then the dialogue continues along as before, Baird scolding Coureuse, and her saying she needs Elissa Zal.

It would be great if this small change would be implemented! It would acknowledge the player's efforts more, i.e. that they paid attention to the dialogue and chose a safe spot to conduct the failed experiment.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Additional dialogue item for the failed Gate test
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 12:40:40 PM »

It's an interesting idea. A little obscure maybe, but I'll make a note and see if it's convenient as I review certain parts of the Galatia missions.