Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More threats and rewards in the Orion-Persean Abyss  (Read 802 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
More threats and rewards in the Orion-Persean Abyss
« on: March 04, 2024, 09:27:49 PM »

Pretty please?
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: More threats and rewards in the Orion-Persean Abyss
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 09:43:19 PM »

Well, once you hit enough lights, you do get a [VERY REDACTED] buff which comes in handy if you comes across a planet with a [SUPER REDACTED] fleet, which can drop [SUPER REDACTED] weapons. It's pretty rare though -- the planets are random and I've only had it happen twice -- but the weapons are well worth it. I happen to set the "campaignSpeedupMult" in settings.json to 10 which makes exploring the Abyss (and general campaign movement) go much faster.

Other than that, I think the Abyss in the current version is basically just making sure the Abyss coding framework works, and we'll probably see some further development of it in the future.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 11:37:06 PM »

Well, once you hit enough lights, you do get a [VERY REDACTED] buff which comes in handy if you comes across a planet with a [SUPER REDACTED] fleet, which can drop [SUPER REDACTED] weapons. It's pretty rare though -- the planets are random and I've only had it happen twice -- but the weapons are well worth it. I happen to set the "campaignSpeedupMult" in settings.json to 10 which makes exploring the Abyss (and general campaign movement) go much faster.
Wait what, first time I'm hearing about that and I feel like I've seen everything there is to see. Are those super redacted weapons something we already seen or completely new thing? I don't want specific spoilers, I'm just curious if it's worth the hassle going over there again.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 12:07:03 AM »

You'll just have to spend more time exploring the Abyss to find out!

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 12:10:48 AM »

I'm just going to spend more time exploring the starfarer.api instead and call ***.  :)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 12:59:21 AM »

I wonder which of these blank lines handles the [SPICY BONUS] elements?
It is a mystery.

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 01:27:52 AM »

I kinda wish Alex and Co. would atleast add some super late game enemies that are even stronger than [REDACTED] to fight in the abyss.
Even though its some New [SUPER ALABASTER] or not.

And Some Super Endgame Loot, Some Stronger Automated Ships (like Strong Eldritch Mutated version of Domain Explorarium Drones for Example),
and Some Endgame Super Weapons would be nice.

Even though the next future update is only 0.97.1a and the Galatia storyline and the side quests are not yet continued.
Starsector unfortunately Lacks Super Late Endgame Content its starting to get stale without mods.

If you think those [SUPER ALABASTER] D*ritos are the Super Late Game Enemies
and You Defeat them and think you're some hotshot.
(Unless you have cheaty unbalanced modded ships you wuss fight them with vanilla ships and [VERY REDACTED] Ship)
(Don't be Afraid to play in easy mode!)

Then you are a fool and you should need to reflect yourself.
Those Chips are mere Cruisers which is terrifying to be honest.

I really hope in the Future Next Update (Fingers Crossed) :

Alex is going to make us cry like babies when we fight the [SUPER ALABASTER] Capital Version of it (without mods)

or

Much Much Worse the [SUPER ALABASTER] Station Version of It we're going to soil our pants and *** ourselves. (without mods again!)

Im mildly disappointed and slightly salty about it the Abyss is currently only a placeholder Since its suppose to be 0.97a!  >:(

Feels like Version 0.96.1a to me.
Its like adding salt in a wound and feels I've been lied to.  :'(

That is All and Have a Good day!  :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:05:04 AM by Gris »

Gris

• Commander
  • Good day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 02:24:52 AM »

Other than that, I think the Abyss in the current version is basically just making sure the Abyss coding framework works, and we'll probably see some further development of it in the future.

Wait there's some secret stuff in 0.97a? :o
Can you specify atleast how can i encounter the [SUPER REDACTED] in the abyss?  :-\
No Spoilers Pls.
Did you play the game in Vanilla only?

That is all and thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 06:07:10 AM by Gris »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 10:30:43 AM »

Alex implemented a clear path to infinite content farms, and the mod community refuses to take it up. 

Infinite dungeon-style systems connected by wormhole anchors.

Get on it, people.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 10:44:05 AM »

Alex implemented a clear path to infinite content farms, and the mod community refuses to take it up. 

Get on it, people.
You do it. Not like something like that hasn't already been made though.

Bungee_man

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 02:51:55 PM »

Are you sure this isn't from a mod? I've hit quite a few of them.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 01:39:47 PM »

Get on it, people.
no, you're wrong. We need a Starsector visual novel about helping high Hegemon do the dishes.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 02:06:25 PM »

Are you sure this isn't from a mod? I've hit quite a few of them.

yeah, it's not vanilla, idk what they're talking about.