Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Colony Crises  (Read 708 times)

MM10000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Colony Crises
« on: February 29, 2024, 02:50:58 PM »

Do i have a skill issue or the Crises are really strong?

Like i have heavy industry and and Patrol HQ (including High command) and all other colonies and i still get destroyed by raids , i saved 2,5M to setup my colonies and, i still don't have the means to protect my colonies.

What should i do?

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Crises
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 02:53:35 PM »

How is your fleet looking?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 02:58:52 PM »

Crises fleets are generally too big to be stopped by patrols and ground defenses.  Patrols will slow them down, but will probably be too small to stop them all.  Also, not all crises are hostile before you shoot first.  You probably need to stop them yourself.  If you can beat 250k+ bounties easily, you are strong enough to kill crises fleets.

Mishrak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 03:25:29 PM »

Don't feel bad if the PL fleet eats your face though.  It's the hardest of the fleet comps.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 03:27:46 PM »

Don't feel bad if the PL fleet eats your face though.  It's the hardest of the fleet comps.

honestly those monitors are really good anchors unless you strictly order to avoid them. Also yeah - DEM spam is dangerous

eert5rty7u8i9i7u6yrewqdef

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 04:34:10 PM »

Do i have a skill issue or the Crises are really strong?

Like i have heavy industry and and Patrol HQ (including High command) and all other colonies and i still get destroyed by raids , i saved 2,5M to setup my colonies and, i still don't have the means to protect my colonies.

What should i do?
Tac bomb any world preparing to raid you, until you get back on your feet. This will make you hostile with the faction, but meh who cares they're going to end up hostile if you defend from the raids anyways. Optimize you fleet until you can kill one big Ordo, or an elite bounty.
Once that's done, let them raid, kill them as they fly to your system, and by the time they reach your system they should be in small enough numbers that Detachments + Battlestations will be able to finish them off.

Everything is pretty manageable with the exception of the TT crisis, and Persean League Crisis. For TT, you just have to play it safe, they don't have a lot of fleets so they can be picked off one at a time. For PL, you either have to kill all the support fleets, or the admiral's fleet.

Bungee_man

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 04:42:59 PM »

The colony crises are meant to be dealt with by your fleet, maybe with the aid of a station if you're still at a relatively low level. It is true that your patrols are relatively obsoleted by the new update - the intermediate fleets that spawn in are on the level of mid-large bounties, and much stronger than all but the most buffed-up patrols, and the crises themselves are well beyond the point of being damageable.

I think the intermediate fleets that spawn in on their own could stand to be smaller, with fleets of the current size launching every few months unannounced, rather than respawning from nowhere. This would give player patrols a use, while allowing the player to pick off the larger intermediate threats and have it mean something.

vuntron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 07:27:47 PM »

They're a lot better-balanced than they were before. If you're having trouble with crises right now you're probably setting up your colonies too fast and in too similar a fashion to previously. If you dump 5 colonies in one system at the same time you're going to have absolutely massive crisis fleets in fairly quick succession.

The previous way of setting them simply is not the way to do it anymore if you're not looking for rapid-fire threat generation. If you want a relatively easy and peaceful time, set up no more than 2 or 3 per system, don't grow them all at once, and make sure you've got at least one upgraded patrol HQ to lower the generation.

Pizzarugi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 08:00:26 PM »

Pirates: Simple, easy, don't have any particularly strong ships. If you have a capitol ship, this crisis will be trivial.

Luddic Path: Effectively the same as pirates in terms of ship strength. They just throw more fleets at you.

Persean League: Utilize stealth and go dark. If your fleet can't take on the Grand Armada, then instead take out the two supply fleets.

Tri-Tachyon: Destroy a large number of their raid fleets, trade convoys, or disrupt their colony infrastructure via raids. Disrupting their colonies is the quickest and easiest way to defeating them if you don't mind hurting your reputation. Just remember to keep your transponder off and practice sneaking around to minimize your reputation hit.

Luddic Church: Lean a bit into anti-armor, you're gonna need it for those B R I C C s they throw at you.

Hegemony: There's no easy way to deal with this event. Just pack lots of anti-armor weapons on your ships and face them head on. They'll only send three AI investigations your way and once you survive them all, they give up.

MM10000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 07:55:12 AM »

3 Legions,2 Eagles,3 Falcons,3 Furys,2 Eradicadors, 3 Enforcers,1 conquest,2 manticore,2 medusa.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2024, 08:22:50 AM »

3 Legions,2 Eagles,3 Falcons,3 Furys,2 Eradicators, 3 Enforcers,1 conquest,2 manticore,2 medusa.

That is absolutely enough DP to handle any crisis.
You may need to add officers and SMODs, perhaps substitute for some frigates to cap points.

Bungee_man

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 10:29:55 AM »

3 Legions,2 Eagles,3 Falcons,3 Furys,2 Eradicadors, 3 Enforcers,1 conquest,2 manticore,2 medusa.

That should definitely be enough, as long as they're built well. Are you trying to fight all 5/6 fleets in one battle? Generally, the approach is to pick them apart as they head towards your colony.