Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safe place to stash cargo/loot?  (Read 334 times)

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
Safe place to stash cargo/loot?
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:02:12 AM »

I found what looks to be an abandoned dockyard in a distant system. Can I safely transfer cargo or are pirates/scavengers going to find my stuff?

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
Re: Safe place to stash cargo/loot?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:06:10 AM »

Yes, you can store ships and cargo there, there are three more abandoned stations like this in Core Worlds. At this time, it's completely safe.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 08:07:25 AM »

a station orbiting Asharu in Corvus

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 08:14:56 AM »

Great thanks  :D

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 11:02:31 AM »

just be careful if you mess with Hegemony, cause Corvus patrols can be nasty.

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 11:16:53 AM »

just be careful if you mess with Hegemony, cause Corvus patrols can be nasty.

Agreed.  Yma's abandoned station floating around Chupi Orco is a safer port late-game.  Salamanca (Persean) lacks any sort of military presence, generally spending their time getting slapped by the pirate patrols spawning up in Qaras and occasionally fighting over the relays.  Even if you end up hostile to Persean League, their patrols are so weak in Yma that they'll run from you instead of attack, so no more rep loss if that's something you're worried about.  Hegemony patrols in Corvus are strong enough that they'll probably engage you even if they'll lose.

Corvus is great just after tutorial when you are too weak to take on 400+/- FP worth of combined pirate junk at once, and you want the Hegemony helping to protect you from pirates and need an independent port nearby to sell off excess loot on the black market with transponder off.  Once you've got a good 5-6 cruisers that can not only laugh off a gaggle of pirate fleets but decimate a secret base without breaking a sweat, I'd shuffle my stuff over to Yma.  The Hegemony always tends to get angry at me when some of their AI inspectors mysteriously go missing, through no fault of my own Your Honor.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 11:25:28 AM »

Abandoned astropolis in Mayasura is the way to go. TT's Franchise station there is a free port, and PL's Mairaath colony doesn't have even a Patrol HQ. You can fly in and out without transponder completely unbothered.