Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the Persean sector the only sector in the Persean arm?  (Read 523 times)

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
Is the Persean sector the only sector in the Persean arm?
« on: February 24, 2024, 01:45:20 PM »

As the Gate Hauler appears to have come from across the Orion-Perseus abyss, is it the case that the Persean Sector is the only sector in the Persean Arm? If so… where did the Hegemony task force come from? It’s concentrated in the east of the sector, which kind of implies it came from a sector in that direction, but if there was a settled sector there then why not launch the gate haulers from there?

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Persean sector the only sector in the Persean arm?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 04:28:11 PM »

I consider the strict answer to this question to be undefined or, if you like, "anti-canon".

FWIW though, considering the Domain's ideology of centralization,  I would expect Gate Haulers not to come from sectors that could be considered anything like a frontier.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 02:13:00 AM »

I consider the strict answer to this question to be undefined or, if you like, "anti-canon".

FWIW though, considering the Domain's ideology of centralization,  I would expect Gate Haulers not to come from sectors that could be considered anything like a frontier.
Interesting, thanks! Given how foreboding we've found the Abyss is, the punishment of the XIV seems dramatically worse if they've slowboated their way from the Orion arm! I guess it's interesting to leave that open.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 11:13:20 AM »

there used to be more planets in the Persean Sector, but they fell into disarray, and disappeared over time. That's where decivilized population and ruins come from. Hegemony was most likely stationed somewhere far away from Core Worlds, and their journey across the Sector to reach its centre added to the fact that colonies deeper in space died out. As it is described in their lore that they were scrapping key infrastructure on the way there to maintain their fleets.

I think that's what I read on the blog recapping the story.

You also need to remember that AI Wars decivilised a vast amount of colonies apparently, as the range of destruction by Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon was so immense, after all you can find various automated defences being outside the Core Worlds. Suggesting Tri-Tachyon wasn't always entirely based around the Core Worlds. And most likely Hegemony wasn't as well.

As of the direction the Hegemony came from, that could be entirely arbitrary, as the Sector is randomly generated with the exception of the Orion Perseus Abyss and stuff like that of course. But the Hegemony most likely didn't come from that direction (as you said), and I assume were probably stationed on some random systems far out unrelated to it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:17:28 AM by Killer of Fate »